News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Cheese on November 20, 2015, 08:19:52 AM
They were, but Midland Classic now operating them on behalf of Diamond instead.

Is that just until the Solus coaches registrations kick in or have things changed?

Cheese

Quote from: Winston on November 20, 2015, 08:39:43 AM
Is that just until the Solus coaches registrations kick in or have things changed?

Things have changed it seems, Solus don't want to run them now it would seem.  I wouldn't be surprised if their registration to operate them is cancelled, or if it does go ahead is somewhat amended (which I really hope does not happen).

Justin Tyme

That's interesting - thanks Cheese!

I've found the timetable on the Midland Classic website, stating that the company started operating services 20-23 (on behalf of Diamond) from 16 November and will do so until Christmas Eve: -

broma1k

3(JB64 MCL) & 208(MX12 CGE)

Cheese

Quote from: Justin Tyme on November 20, 2015, 07:08:17 PM
That's interesting - thanks Cheese!

I've found the timetable on the Midland Classic website, stating that the company started operating services 20-23 (on behalf of Diamond) from 16 November and will do so until Christmas Eve: -

Unsure as of yet who will be operating the services after Christmas, I guess it will become clear in the near future.

James

This weekend sees the first day of operation of a Sunday service on route 9 between Burton and Swadlincote. Subject to availability we will be running the whole day with our Routemaster. Normal fares apply and link to timetable is below:

James

Ashley 60171

83 reported as having had a repaint and losing its X12 branding.

Dylanbusboy45

Just visited the depot.
If not already mentioned they have got 4 Pulsar Geminis
42 LJ03MWA
43 LJ53BFP
44 LJ53BGK
45 LJ53BGO
Also there was a DAF DB250/Alexander ALX400. It is plain red and has logos applied. It is number 40 X438FGP. There were two tridents there number 93 and an UNID one.Spectra 41 was there but had a panel missing on the front so may be withdrawn. Also looking to be withdrawn was 72.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on December 13, 2015, 02:11:21 PM
Spectra 41 was there but had a panel missing on the front so may be withdrawn.

If it is true 4002 may be withdrawn then it is a shame she had a short life outside NX... Hope 4002 goes into preservation. :)

John

Quote from: P419 EJW on December 13, 2015, 03:03:02 PM
If it is true 4002 may be withdrawn then it is a shame she had a short life outside NX... Hope 4002 goes into preservation. :)

I really wouldn't think it wold be withdrawn just yet. Might just be having work done on it

JoNi

Dylanbusboy45

It may not be withdrawn but that was just my guess. There may also be a lack of spare parts.

Westy

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on December 13, 2015, 03:28:15 PM
It may not be withdrawn but that was just my guess. There may also be a lack of spare parts.

Wonder why they bought it if there was likely to be a spare part issue?

Didn't WMPTE have a similar problem with a FODEN double decker they bought in the late 70's?

James

The engine has expired on the Spectra in a big way. The DLA has been purchased to donate its engine (and it's X441 not 438, that's the one at Arriva Burton!) but will run it in the short term. So don't worry, it's in good hands. Shows as a warning that the purchase price of a bus for preservation is most certainly the cheap part!

71 and 72 both withdrawn for scrap.

James

barry619

Quote from: Westy on December 13, 2015, 03:37:41 PM
Wonder why they bought it if there was likely to be a spare part issue?

Didn't WMPTE have a similar problem with a FODEN double decker they bought in the late 70's?

The problem with the few Foden-NCs built was that Foden inexplicably went for an Allison gearbox and that was its Achilles heel. Parts were difficult to get and very expensive. Had Foden gone for the more conventional five-speed semi auto it could have been much different, as long as they were kept away from the likes of the idiot on here who thinks that a semi is driven the same as a full auto.

Parts for a Spectra's chassis are likely to be easy to come by as there are plenty of DB250s coming out of service and littering scrapyards. Body parts may be another matter.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk