News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus chaplain

Started by settlerman, February 03, 2014, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

settlerman

Saw someone wearing a fluorescent coat with "NX BUS CHAPLAIN" on the back of it in Birmingham City centre today.

Westy

Reckon they'll need one at Arriva Cannock, to stop the breakdowns?

(Thought I'd get that one in, before Bob did ! LOL)

Tony

Quote from: settlerman on February 03, 2014, 04:36:36 PM
Saw someone wearing a florescent coat with "NX BUS CHAPLAIN" on the back of it in Birmingham City centre today.

Yes there is a bus chaplain, not my cup of tea as a non-believer, but he is a very nice man, and I can see that it would be of use in case of problems for people who do believe

Mike K

Quote from: settlerman on February 03, 2014, 04:36:36 PM
Saw someone wearing a florescent coat with "NX BUS CHAPLAIN" on the back of it in Birmingham City centre today.

He must feel a right Charlie wearing that.

Liverpool Street

Never had the chance to speak to him, unfortunately.

Being a Christian it would've helped me somewhat in some recent uncertain climbs.

Tony - Is this the new caring sharing NX coming to light? If so, fair play to them.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

I'm confused. Why is there a NX bus chaplain? What does he do? Talk about buses in a godly way? Note: I'm an atheist so try not to take offence from me talking about the "man up there".

Liverpool Street

Quote from: P419 EJW on February 03, 2014, 07:35:29 PM
I'm confused. Why is there a NX bus chaplain? What does he do? Talk about buses in a godly way? Note: I'm an atheist so try not to take offence from me talking about the "man up there".

Each to their own!

I presume he doesn't try and make people believe, he's just a friendly ear who listens and guides?
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

P419 EJW

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 03, 2014, 07:36:45 PM

Each to their own!

I presume he doesn't try and make people believe, he's just a friendly ear who listens and guides?

I personally am an atheist, but I always remain open minded and understanding of other faiths. Whenever I am approached by a preacher, I always listen to them attentively when I can and act politely and warmly towards them.

Although I don't fully understand the purpose of his role, I think this is a nice gesture from NX.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Matt on February 03, 2014, 07:44:15 PM

Each to their own!

I personally am an atheist, but I always remain open minded and understanding of other faiths. Whenever I am approached by a preacher, I always listen to them attentively when I can and act politely and warmly towards them.

Although I don't fully understand the purpose of his role, I think this is a nice gesture from NX.

Lol Matt, he wouldn't be a preacher I wouldn't of thought. I'm sure he wouldn't even talk about Christianity if you told him something not relevant to it (Even though all of life is guided by faith.)

until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Being as it was the feast of Candlemas yesterday in the Church of England calendar, he was probably out & about spreading some light on the buses!!  8) 8)
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

notepanel

Out of interest, is this role a Bus Driver who also shares this responsibility (similar to a union rep role), or is it someone with a religious occupation (Eg a vicar), who works with NX?

PM

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 03, 2014, 07:48:55 PM

Each to their own!

Lol Matt, he wouldn't be a preacher I wouldn't of thought. I'm sure he wouldn't even talk about Christianity if you told him something not relevant to it (Even though all of life is guided by faith.)

Precisely, even though I am not religious, I think that people like that can sometimes be good to talk to, there as a listening ear for those who need them, often with a wish to help people that are going through difficult times. A really, really good idea that does a lot for the image of NX as being a friendly company to work for.

Tony

Each to their own!

He is not there to preach at all, he is basically there to be a shoulder to cry on and help people through troubled times at home as well as work. I have met him twice at Miller Street in the last seven days and he seems a genuinely nice person. I believe he has come from outside NX and not an employee taking on a second role although I could be corrected on that if anyone knows better. I certainly hadn't met him before last weeks visit to Miller Street

D10

Quote from: Tony on February 03, 2014, 09:05:18 PM

He is not there to preach at all, he is basically there to be a shoulder to cry on and help people through troubled times at home as well as work. I have met him twice at Miller Street in the last seven days and he seems a genuinely nice person. I believe he has come from outside NX and not an employee taking on a second role although I could be corrected on that if anyone knows better. I certainly hadn't met him before last weeks visit to Miller Street

You are correct Tony, he has come in from outside and is not an employee. One of the Management team knew him and asked NX if they would agree to him coming into NX and being there for staff if they feel a need to talk to him. I have met him a couple of times and he seems like an approachable person.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk