News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus chaplain

Started by settlerman, February 03, 2014, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Tony remember chicken tom every time a funeral went past ?

NXBusChaplain

Hello There. I am the bus chaplain referred to in these posts. As I am still chaplain, along with my colleague Chrissy (at Yardley Wood/Acocks Green) and more recently Ebenezer (at Perry Barr), I wonder if any of you has any feedback to give us. The guy from Miller Street had it right. We don't see our role as "pushing religion", but we do try and help any NXBus employee who wants to chat with us about anything.

the trainbasher

It's good to see NXWM actually doing something this for their staff. As they say a problem shared...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

When i worked for the railways in the late 1980s, of course it was still British Rail and they had a Railway Chaplain based in Birmingham.

Very nice man, would pop out to the stations every so often to see if you had any problems that you needed to talk through. Would only ever mention religion if you wished him to and he was very well respected. It's good to see that NE have thought about this and asked someone to be Bus Chaplain, even if sometimes it's just someone to say Hi to, or other times, somebodys shoulder to cry on!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

The Real 4778

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 20, 2015, 09:51:50 PM
When i worked for the railways in the late 1980s, of course it was still British Rail and they had a Railway Chaplain based in Birmingham.

Very nice man, would pop out to the stations every so often to see if you had any problems that you needed to talk through. Would only ever mention religion if you wished him to and he was very well respected. It's good to see that NE have thought about this and asked someone to be Bus Chaplain, even if sometimes it's just someone to say Hi to, or other times, somebodys shoulder to cry on!

Railway Chaplains are still very much a part of the railway.  I've met several, and they're down to earth good people.

http://www.nrcs-uk.org.uk/

I haven't looked, but I imagine other workplaces and industries have their equivalent chaplaincies.

EDIT: I just checked Birmingham and Heathrow Airports, and they each have one, or a team.
Don't you start.

Ashley 60171

Quote from: The Real 4778 on March 21, 2015, 07:51:22 PM
Railway Chaplains are still very much a part of the railway.  I've met several, and they're down to earth good people.

http://www.nrcs-uk.org.uk/

I haven't looked, but I imagine other workplaces and industries have their equivalent chaplaincies.

EDIT: I just checked Birmingham and Heathrow Airports, and they each have one, or a team.

Most NHS trusts also have a chaplain service for patients and staff

The Real 4778

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on March 21, 2015, 09:44:16 PM
Most NHS trusts also have a chaplain service for patients and staff

I'd expect such a service at venues which deal with mortality as part of their daily routine, venues that are also trained to handle major incidents with mass casualties.
Don't you start.

NXBusChaplain

Thanks for the continuing response. If you want to contact us, our email addresses are: chrissie@nxwmidschaplains.co.uk, john@nxwmidschaplains.co.uk and ebenezer@nxwmidschaplains.co.uk.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk