News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Southern Birmingham + Solihull Bus Route Consultation

Started by Matt.N0056, October 19, 2013, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

The journalists should really get their facts straight.

"Mr Julian Knight has written to the directors of Centro, owned by National Express calling on then to keep the No. 73........"

:D

Do anyone else know when will we be expecting to hear any decisions made from this?

winston

Quote from: :D on November 20, 2013, 03:01:23 PM
Do anyone else know when will we be expecting to hear any decisions made from this?

Hadn't the implementation date been put back to end of Feb 2014? therefore changes should start appearing on VOSA 1st week of Jan 2014/End of Dec 2013

Stu

Quote from: Winston on November 20, 2013, 03:19:31 PM

Hadn't the implementation date been put back to end of Feb 2014? therefore changes should start appearing on VOSA 1st week of Jan 2014/End of Dec 2013

The implementation date was always February 2014  ;)

Although changes will appear on VOSA site from January as you say, I wouldn't expect any official announcement or publicity until at least the end of January.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on November 20, 2013, 06:49:28 PM

Although changes will appear on VOSA site from January as you say, I wouldn't expect any official announcement or publicity until at least the end of January.

I thought at one point it was end of October this year?

Stu

Quote from: Winston on November 20, 2013, 06:57:47 PM
Quote from: Stu on November 20, 2013, 06:49:28 PM

I thought at one point it was end of October this year?

The consultation ended on 15th November.
My locals:

Busmapper

My thoughts:
- Run 2 & 3 via Moseley
- 3 to terminate at Shirley Green
- Retain 31A and divert to current 3 route between Acocks Green and Shirley then to Solihull via Solihull Rd and Woodlea Dr
- Curtail 5 at The Baldwin
- Divert 76 via Kedleston Rd and Newborough Rd
- Run three 6's an hour as 6A via Monkspath and Widney Manor
(backfill service on Marshall Lake Rd through co-ordination of 76 timetable)

monkeyjoe

People were complaing about the 2&3 going via Moseley saying they were worried about congestion on the Wake Green Rd / Alcester Rd junction. I wonder how that will pan out.

jnl1984

Is there any further update on this? Timescales etc? Wasn't it meant to be Feb?

winston

Quote from: jnl1984 on January 14, 2014, 09:15:28 PM
Is there any further update on this? Timescales etc? Wasn't it meant to be Feb?

It has now gone back to end of March, LS confirmed this in another thread

jnl1984

Sayeed

I remember changes going to appear on the VOSA by end of this month, are there any changes?      P.S would love to see the changes myself but don't know how to access
Век живи - век учись

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Sayeed_M on January 28, 2014, 08:12:47 PM
I remember changes going to appear on the VOSA by end of this month, are there any changes?      P.S would love to see the changes myself but don't know how to access

Nothing on VOSA at the moment, but wouldn't hold your breath, if its anything like the last network review it will be rather a flop.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stu

Unlike previous reviews, proposals were outlined beforehand, for passengers to be consulted on.

It would be interesting to see how many proposals actually come to fruition.

You can see the proposals suggested in the original leaflet sent out here:

My locals:

the trainbasher

Quote from: Sayeed_M on January 28, 2014, 08:12:47 PM

http://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_selfserviceopbusregsearch_new.asp can help find out what services have been registered.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk