News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Southern Birmingham + Solihull Bus Route Consultation

Started by Matt.N0056, October 19, 2013, 07:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB93

It wouldn't be a problem if they ran once an hour like the 97 does. The 97 has a high pvr but it only takes a couple of buses to work nights.

YWDriver

There wouldn't really be a problem anyway as enough buses are coming back into garage from 6pm onwards. The talk was one per hour and a lot of drivers were suggesting it be cut short to the Maypole. As I said though no official word but if any other route was to go 24H , the 50 would be a good candidate.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: JB93 on April 03, 2014, 03:26:49 AM
It wouldn't be a problem if they ran once an hour like the 97 does. The 97 has a high pvr but it only takes a couple of buses to work nights.

I think they meant the problem would be launching the 9 & 50 into Gold corridors with amount of new buses due to the PVR, not the night service part. I could be wrong.

trident4370

Yeah I was referring more to the daytime PVRs, you would need a generous amount of new buses (cba to work it out) all delivered in higher gold spec, and that would only be for 2 routes, you would still have 8 left to cater for, hence why I can't see it happening. I do think the 50 has potential to be relaunched as a 24 hour gold service with special return fares, maybe that would get some passengers back from the competition.

Stu

In case you missed it, details of changes are available here:
http://networkwestmidlands.com/BusReview/BusReview2.aspx

I've also uploaded the PDF leaflet that was emailed to me today by Network West Midlands to my website, you can view it here:
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk