News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VDL/DAF sb200

Started by Bob, October 19, 2013, 02:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Stop getting so stressed.....jeeez

trident4370

Stop talking rubbish? VDL are a much better quality bus than some on the market, if you want crap just look at MAN!

Bob

Lets agree to disagree.  You like them, I think theyre underpowered and not that good

andyr

I have driven a MAN powered coaches for the last 6 years without a moments problem with the engine. In fact as a company we have operated over 25 such coaches and the only issue as been with the ZF AS Tronic gear box so they are far from crap !!!

trident4370

Quote from: andyr on November 07, 2013, 10:12:56 PM
I have driven a MAN powered coaches for the last 6 years without a moments problem with the engine. In fact as a company we have operated over 25 such coaches and the only issue as been with the ZF AS Tronic gear box so they are far from crap !!!

Not entirely sure where you got the impression I was talking about MAN Coaches from...

andyr

MAN engines for buses and coaches are built at the same factory !!! why would one be rubbish and the other not ?

nx4737

Quote from: bob on November 07, 2013, 07:57:19 PM
Stop getting so stressed.....jeeez

I wasn't getting stressed, I was replying to you post regarding other large groups not ordering VDL, only one getting stressed is you, over Pulsars...

I don't really like Excels but I don't bring them up in every post I make!

Bob

Im not stressed at all. I dont bring pulsars into every post I make at all. This is a discussion forum right? I have a different opinion to yours on pulsars etc.... no need to be arsy.

nx4737

Oh the irony.

Every one of your posts is an anti Arriva or VDL slur.

Anyway, we've gone off topic.

Bob

Not going to argue with you dude cos theres no point ive got my views youve got yours....

Tony

Quote from: andyr on November 07, 2013, 10:34:46 PM
MAN engines for buses and coaches are built at the same factory !!! why would one be rubbish and the other not ?

It is quite possible for it to happen. The engines may be perfect for long distance cruising with occasional hard accelerating, but bus engines are under a lot more stress with constant acceleration & deceleration.

Mercedes seem to have mastered the perfect bus engine. A lot of NXWMs Mercs have completed over 1 million miles on one engine, and Simon Dunn was praising the Mercedes engined Solos recently. Varios seemed to go on forever as well

bwsau cymru

Dont know what the talk abou veolia is, they done excist anymore!! They got in that much debt that even buying a tyre would be to much let alone a whole bus!!
campaigning for better transport for all

BN

Not sure which part of Veolia your on about but it was financed by HQ in Paris and there was tons of money to use. At one point we had £140,000 in Alan account for Scania parts. We never had problems being paid and also Birmingham depot which ran the Nat Ex contracts were making a profit.

arrivaaston

I prefer the Stafford branded pulsars to the 61 plates or the 13 plate ones IMO, be nice if Cannock had some citaros but as some1 said arriva have some sort of deal with Wright if I'm correct?? I assume this is why 5000 (The Hired Telford Bus) is a VDL Pulsar from Arriva Coach and Bus? I could be wrong but I'm sure ill be corrected I personaly think the best daf sb200 ever made was the commander.........oooosssssshhhhhh

Bob

Lol its a deal with VDL rather than wright aint it? If the volvos go cannocks whole fleet will be lightweight vehicles :-(((

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk