News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B61 ANDREW

Not forgetting four [?] depots. 

bewdley5

Whittles have only had one  depot in kidderminster for years  on the stourport

DD12

Thanks for the info, gentlemen.

Trident 4194

Johnson's have a new MMC 71 plate I believe. On the 150B according to bus times

busfan2847

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 25, 2021, 04:34:42 PM
Johnson's have a new MMC 71 plate I believe. On the 150B according to bus times
From Bus times looks like there are two new E40D MMC - 56 SK71CLJ & 57 SK71CLN. Looks like they entered service on 11/23 and 11/24.

B61 ANDREW

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on November 16, 2021, 10:05:06 PM
Not forgetting four [?] depots.

I'm going back to my "younger days" with depots at Kidderminster , Highley , Cleobury Mortimer , Ludlow , Alveley and Mouse Lane in Kidderminster. I guess this would be the early nineties.   :-[

bewdley5

Kidderminster depot of whittles was mill street for repairs  and the office  the actual  depot was in clensmore part of kiddeminster and highley where whittles depots
mouse lane  and  cleobury mortimer  where m&m  coaches  which whittles  ran as a subsidiary  company  for years  and  later  the m&m name was dropped
ludlow  depot   was corvedale motors   which whittles ran in the same way as m&m   do not  know to much of the history of that depot.
alverley   was not a depot as such just a couple of vehicles  parked at back of petrol station midland red parked  some there also. it was owned by narburgh coaches who stopped trading do not think it became part of whittles  there seams   to be more and more Johnsons vehicles around    kidderminster  hardley seen any whittles vehicles around

Saw a new white E400 MMC on the X20 in Solihull today heading towards Coventry at 13:00. Bus times says SK71CLN.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

I must say how impressed I was sampling the new 71 reg mmc today. The nice smell of a new bus, nice interior and then heart radio blasting through the speakers on board. Simply outstanding and a great addition to their already modern fleet.

B61 ANDREW

Just noticed , no doubt belatedly , that Johnsons have two 07 plate Bova Magiq coaches for sale. 

barry

Alexander/Dennis E400 SN 65 OJA plus at least one other of the three have been painted in all over yellow pending sale to Bournemouth Yellow Bus. They are due to leave the fleet within the next few days.

B61 ANDREW

Mercedes minibus PO15LFL is now in Whittles livery and carries fleetnumber 3. 

Trident 4194

Apparently 56 has been on the 87/88 this afternoon. Imagine that was one scenic ride, hopefully it still has a full set of windows

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 04, 2022, 04:55:06 PM
Apparently 56 has been on the 87/88 this afternoon. Imagine that was one scenic ride, hopefully it still has a full set of windows

Johnsons buses do not have fleetnumbers, so not sure what you are referring to

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 04, 2022, 04:55:06 PM

I am told it's true that a double decker was on the 88 - according to bustimes it was 57 (Enviro 400 SK71 CLN).  It's the first time I've known a double decker be used on the 88.

I've not heard of one reaching Moreton-in-Marsh, but double deckers seem to have been used on all other services.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk