News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 14, 2020, 05:39:47 PM
What do you mean?
X8 and X10 are limited stop between Birmingham and Quinton.
X20,X21,X22 are limited stop between Birmingham and Q.E Hospital. I believe the X20 also goes limited stop between Selly Oak and Longbridge as well.

Ah yes, those two stops they miss out on Bath Row...
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

What do you mean?
X20,X21,X22 are limited stop between Birmingham and Q.E Hospital. I believe the X20 also goes limited stop between Selly Oak and Longbridge as well.
The two between Five Ways - Quinton and Selly Oak - Longbridge are correct.

The X20/X21/X22 miss a total of two stops between New Street Station and University Station both on Bath Row. The only other difference to the 98/99 is that they don't serve the stop directly outside the QE.
And outbound I think there's a 3rd stop they don't call at on Pritchatts Road after the North Gate stop.
Quote from: Kevin on June 14, 2020, 05:41:29 PM
Ah yes, that one stop they miss out on Bath Row...
2 stops are missed out on Bath Row. They only serve the Granville Street stop.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

What do you mean?

The X21 and X22 are not very limited stop at all. They miss like 2 stops on Bath Row that's it.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

Guys, can we keep this on-topic regarding Wolverhampton garage and its services please?

If anyone wants to start an argument discussion about limited stop services in general, please start a new topic.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Stu on June 14, 2020, 06:35:00 PM
Guys, can we keep this on-topic regarding Wolverhampton garage and its services please?

If anyone wants to start an argument discussion about limited stop services in general, please start a new topic.
Didn't a former obsessive but rather deranged poster on this forum used to make numerous posts about the X8 being operated by Wolverhampton Garage or am I as Bucks Fizz would so wonderfully put it living in "The Land Of Make Believe"

Busboy105

Quote from: Stu on June 14, 2020, 06:35:00 PM

Sorry, we can get carried away so easily sometimes, it's actually laughable

Stu

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on June 14, 2020, 06:50:01 PM
Didn't a former obsessive but rather deranged poster on this forum used to make numerous posts about the X8 being operated by Wolverhampton Garage or am I as Bucks Fizz would so wonderfully put it living in "The Land Of Make Believe"

What does that have to do with my request to keep this thread 'on-topic'?

You want to be careful mate, that 'former poster' you refer to also had a habit of taking threads off-topic, as well as making references to 80s pop bands, so you best stick to the Worcestershire area of this forum before you blow your cover.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sh4318

Quote from: ellspurs on June 14, 2020, 05:34:04 PM
If you look at the area maps, there are quite a few roads that are only served by the 529. It also appears to be the only direct route between both Wolverhampton and Willenhall, and Willenhall and Walsall.

I don't think the train will have much of an effect on it, especially if the train is only running every 30 minutes (bus is currently at every 10 minutes; I was sure it used to have a higher frequency).

Really? I'm sure an approximately 12 minute train journey, as opposed to a near 40 minute bus journey will attract some passengers (even quicker for those travelling from Willenhall)
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Lukeee

Can only really see it attracting end to end passengers (which I imagine is only a small percentage of the passengers on the 529)

Sh4318

Quote from: Lukeee on June 14, 2020, 11:15:18 PM
Can only really see it attracting end to end passengers (which I imagine is only a small percentage of the passengers on the 529)

You don't think a direct, faster service via train from Willenhall to both Walsall and Wolverhampton will attract passengers? Interesting
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Busboy105

Quote from: Sh4318 on June 14, 2020, 11:24:37 PM
You don't think a direct, faster service via train from Willenhall to both Walsall and Wolverhampton will attract passengers? Interesting
If anything, it could benefit the 529. This new train line could easily kill off the 529 like the Metro did with the 79.

Kevin

Quote from: Lukeee on June 14, 2020, 11:15:18 PM

You'd be surprised, the only times I've really caught the 529 have been to use it end to end, and while obviously not everyone on board a fair proportion of other passengers have been the same. It is after all a key route linking two major centres, any bus passengers from various parts of Walsall and North Brum will use it as part of their journey to Wolves
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Pat

Quote from: Busboy105 on June 14, 2020, 11:33:18 PM
If anything, it could benefit the 529. This new train line could easily kill off the 529 like the Metro did with the 79.
What?  That makes absolutely no sense at all.  How would killing a route off benefit it?

Lukeee

Quote from: Kevin on June 15, 2020, 07:14:04 AM
You'd be surprised, the only times I've really caught the 529 have been to use it end to end, and while obviously not everyone on board a fair proportion of other passengers have been the same. It is after all a key route linking two major centres, any bus passengers from various parts of Walsall and North Brum will use it as part of their journey to Wolves

I stand corrected, I assumed it would be like Bristol road etc with a lot of people using it for shorter journeys

Pat

Quote from: Lukeee on June 15, 2020, 09:11:17 AM
I stand corrected, I assumed it would be like Bristol road etc with a lot of people using it for shorter journeys
The 529 is quite a short route anyway.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk