News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: OH25 on July 07, 2014, 06:32:29 PM
has 5510 been borrowed to be put on the 23A because I'm sure I saw it on it about 10 mins ago in Birmingham?
(I didn't really pay attention because it's normal to have a hybrid on there)

5510 is at BC now.

mranon

Quote from: Tony on July 07, 2014, 04:59:04 PM
Quote from: mranon on July 07, 2014, 04:29:41 PM
would have thought they'd have swapped the lot over the weekend. surely sat and sun there are spare buses to cover whilst this is done

There is more to transferring a bus than driving it from one garage to another

tony im aware of that, im assuming apart from obvious blinds etm etc, that each garage has to do its own vi check etc before they enter service and get them added to the maintainance/allocation system. hence why with the less of demand for vehicles at the weekend they had an opportunity. its obvious with the b5's having their branding removed etc that preparations were underway most nights

Saw 5403 in the city Not in service & 5409 on the 1 today

4013 has had some RTC and has rear o/s damage, it looks like its had a right wack by something and was been towed on the ring road this morning
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Trident 4609

Quote from: 4006 on July 07, 2014, 07:12:23 PM

4013 has had some RTC and has rear o/s damage, it looks like its had a right wack by something and was been towed on the ring road this morning

I hear it was involved in a collision at Hill Top (So on the 79 presumably).  I wonder whether it has seen its final day in service?

Tony

Quote from: mranon on July 07, 2014, 06:47:07 PM
would have thought they'd have swapped the lot over the weekend. surely sat and sun there are spare buses to cover whilst this is done

tony im aware of that, im assuming apart from obvious blinds etm etc, that each garage has to do its own vi check etc before they enter service and get them added to the maintainance/allocation system. hence why with the less of demand for vehicles at the weekend they had an opportunity. its obvious with the b5's having their branding removed etc that preparations were underway most nights

And if you had moved all 9 over in one go you would probably have to call engineers in on overtime to do it, It is alright saying there are plenty of buses spare, garages don't have engineers sat around in case buses are getting transferred

Liverpool Street

I still don't ;) know quite why :) @Nathan expresses himself ;) so much with the :P overuse of smiley :) faces. :P

So then... the transferring has commenced!

Any noticeable power differences between the older and younger 55's? Or is there is still a whole ratio missing in every gear change? It's like you can fit another gearbox between each gear...
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on July 07, 2014, 10:12:52 PM

And if you had moved all 9 over in one go you would probably have to call engineers in on overtime to do it, It is alright saying there are plenty of buses spare, garages don't have engineers sat around in case buses are getting transferred

But when the 9 was moved from BC to PE, most of the Enviros moved virtually overnight? There were 30 Enviros, in this case there are only 9 buses.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

BN

Quote from: Nathan on July 07, 2014, 08:54:34 PM
Quote from: 4006 on July 07, 2014, 07:12:23 PM

I hear it was involved in a collision at Hill Top (So on the 79 presumably).  I wonder whether it has seen its final day in service?

Yes

Mike K

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 08, 2014, 03:57:04 PM

But when the 9 was moved from BC to PE, most of the Enviros moved virtually overnight? There were 30 Enviros, in this case there are only 9 buses.

I think needs were slightly more pressing there, much of the allocation of LH moved to BC that weekend with the closure of LH, and the Enviros moved to PE at the same time. I would guess that circumstances dictated that a shed load of overtime had to be paid to staff responsible for moving hundreds of vehicles over that weekend.

Tony

Quote from: Mike K on July 08, 2014, 05:55:31 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 08, 2014, 03:57:04 PM

I think needs were slightly more pressing there, much of the allocation of LH moved to BC that weekend with the closure of LH, and the Enviros moved to PE at the same time. I would guess that circumstances dictated that a shed load of overtime had to be paid to staff responsible for moving hundreds of vehicles over that weekend.

Yes, the whole of the revenue team was paid a days overtime, amongst a lot of other people just for driving buses about. Very pleasant earner!

Mike K

Quote from: Liverpool Street on July 08, 2014, 03:20:19 PM
I still don't ;) know quite why :) @Nathan expresses himself ;) so much with the :P overuse of smiley :) faces. :P

So then... the transferring has commenced!

Any noticeable power differences between the older and younger 55's? Or is there is still a whole ratio missing in every gear change? It's like you can fit another gearbox between each gear...

They certainly look nicer with their black window surrounds and without that dreadful vinyl covering the whole of the rear. They need a bit of a tidy up though, you can still clearly see where the turning the Black Country green slogans were. And why did they need to remove the NXWM / Centro partnership logos from the rear? I travelled on 5514 today and noticed no difference from the 61 reg batch. But then again I'm no bus driver.

NXWM Spectra

Travelled on 5403 today and it seemed very dark at the back with the big vinyl sticker covering the whole of the rear of the bus. Other than that, I think there's very little difference inside.

mranon

oh dear......... thats 3 spectras down 4003/7/13. wonder how long the remaining ones have left now.

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: mranon on July 08, 2014, 08:09:36 PM
oh dear......... thats 3 spectras down 4003/7/13. wonder how long the remaining ones have left now.

Those three could be parts donors if anything happens mechanically to the remaining 18.

BN

5402 just been delivered. 5517 on route to BC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk