News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

The 156 was a MRN route prior to that a form of it was a Harpers route. MRN ran Olympians on it for years, i dont know what the hell happened but Arriva managed to absolutely run it into the ground!

Westy

TWM ran the 156a evening & Sundays at one point under contract to Centro.

Kevin

For a moment I thought "here we go again I swear I remember a WM 156"
But... Just trawling through all the evidence I've got at home turns out I am actually going spare, probably confused it with the 158
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Bob

Wasnt there a 155? To Aldridge?

Busman Jamie

Off topic

nice to see 2 T442EBD AND 6 Y705TGH are staying sbs
nice little motors :)

woody38

Arriva do not like running into Brum for some reason, the only buses they operate are from the Tamworth area, I remember back in 1986 they upped the frequency to every 20 minutes  on the 154 156 I have a timetable of it somewhere, then there was the moterway links X1,X31,X32, X33, X34,X86, X87, X89  all operated from Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton area back then now there is nothing. Still thing there is a demand for a service between Cannock & Brum but nobody seems to want to take it, thing the 156 could make more money for Diamond to run it Brum-Aldridge-Brownhills(missing out the back Roads)-Brownhills(missing out Newtown)-Cannock via A5.

Busman Jamie

spare vehicle i think, was the main face on 23

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: woody38 on August 27, 2015, 11:02:22 PM
Arriva do not like running into Brum for some reason, the only buses they operate are from the Tamworth area, I remember back in 1986 they upped the frequency to every 20 minutes  on the 154 156 I have a timetable of it somewhere, then there was the moterway links X1,X31,X32, X33, X34,X86, X87, X89  all operated from Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton area back then now there is nothing. Still thing there is a demand for a service between Cannock & Brum but nobody seems to want to take it, thing the 156 could make more money for Diamond to run it Brum-Aldridge-Brownhills(missing out the back Roads)-Brownhills(missing out Newtown)-Cannock via A5.

Even back then congestion on the M6 was a problem, far worse now...
Tony

winston

PD1098350/6 - B P BROWN TRAVEL LTD T/A SELECT BUS SERVICES, 2 NAGINGTON DRIVE, PENKRIDGE, STAFFORD, ST19 5TA
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Stafford, Chell Road and Stafford, Goal Square given service number 8 effective from 11-Nov-2015.

P419 EJW

Will the 877 and 878 be withdrawn? I just want to ask just to make sure because I read on here and it says "Rolling Solutions". I have never heard of that operator, they might make an error or not? Anyone could clarify would be appreciated.

I post in here because as far as I'm aware Select operates these routes. :)

Thanks.

busfan2847

D&G bus is Rolling Solutions

Rolling Solutions Ltd. trading as D&G Bus. Registered in England no. 6918592. VAT Reg. No. 978 489 043.

Originally Select was operating 1 vehicle on the route and Rolling Solutions 2 (Enviro's).

As reported by Winston on August 25th

"PD1098350/1 - B P BROWN TRAVEL LTD T/A SELECT BUS SERVICES, 2 NAGINGTON DRIVE, PENKRIDGE, STAFFORD, ST19 5TA
        Variation Accepted: Operating between Stafford and Wolverhampton given service number 878/877 effective from 26-Oct-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD1098350/3 - B P BROWN TRAVEL LTD T/A SELECT BUS SERVICES, 2 NAGINGTON DRIVE, PENKRIDGE, STAFFORD, ST19 5TA
    Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Cannock Bus Station and Hednesford given service number 23/23A effective from 25-Sep-2015.

Associated:

PD1128125/1 - ROLLING SOLUTIONS LTD T/A D & G BUS, THE WELLINGTON, 78 HIGH STREET, UTTOXETER, ST14 7JD
        Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Gaol Square, North Walls, Stafford and Lichfield Street, Wolverhampton given service number 877/878 effective from 26-Oct-2015."

Rolling Solutions are coming off the 877/878 but Select will be continuing to operate it.

P419 EJW

Thank you for the information, @busfan2847. :)

Ck

Saw service 67 at 16:40 heading down the a5 towards gailey slightly off route

Busman Jamie

Maybe the bus had a problem occur and had to return to the depot? doesnt mean its 'off route' does it?

Ck

The bus wasn't saying sorry not in service it actually had 67 and its destanation

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk