News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo1

PM

Quote from: Solo1 on January 09, 2015, 07:24:30 PM
the decker was out today 11am ex wolves https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/15620104253/

Certainly a very smart looking fleet! Have all the ex Diamond darts now been painted?

Solo1

I haven't seen 875 & 404 for a while as far as
I know 404 is the only ex diamond bus still  to be
painted unless 404 is withdrawn

Solo1

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on January 08, 2015, 06:40:23 PM
There was M-reg bus doing the same board on Monday, I'm assuming it was the same one.  here is  the volo 205 ex wolves today
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/15625253054/

mranon

from what a driver told me, t875 engine & box are knackered, 404 same. seems these ex diamond vehicles running gear dont last long!

Bob

Just out of interest why are their buses so filthy on the outside so often?  Especially the enviros? Look at the snap of the m plate volvo on the main site for an example

mranon

might have something to do with the country lanes their buses have to endure during service, and to/from their yard.

Cheese

Indeed, just have a trip on the 877/878. Should be pretty obvious why the buses are dirty!

mikestone

They don't have any Enviro.s - they are D&G vehicles.
;
I won't repeat my opinion regarding this, as it seemed to cause a lot of aggro last time.

mranon

theres only one out at the min also. enviro i mean.

Busman Jamie

mikestone seems to think he knows it all then.............

Tony

Quote from: Busman Jamie on January 21, 2015, 09:44:17 PM
mikestone seems to think he knows it all then.............

Says Busman Jamie who has just posted incorrect rumours on the Arriva thread

mikestone

The Enviro.s *are* Rolling Solutions vehicles (although Ensign gave them as to South Lancs Travel), which of course is directly connected with D&G) - some time after they replaced the Arriva 88 RS added Brown's depot as an OC . Try looking at the discs. Select only have three discs which they require for the 23,67 and one on the 877/8.
;
Yesterday  I discovered a leaflet in the tourist information office at Stafford including all Select Bus routes, as well as Midland Classic 402/3 and D&G 841/2 which states that a day ticket is valid on all three operators.

Bob

Which day ticket is that? ??

the trainbasher

@Bob the info is on D&Gs website

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk