News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

select bus

Started by mranon, March 13, 2013, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

But the leaflet doesn't say anything about it only applying to Duo tickets.

woody38

are select bus services having a problem while waiting for the Arriva 76 service in Wolverhampton, I heard quite a few people complaining about the none. Show off select buses on the Wolverhampton -Brewood-Stafford service

SBS

Woody (Craig?) they have had no issues due to their doing,
Over the last two weeks their have been a lot of bad traffic conditions along the A449 last Wednesday for example, junction 12 of the M6 was blocked by a red bull lorry overturning so therefore the taffic was going along the A449. This was causing traffic delays of up to 45 minutes and this caused major problems for the Arriva 76 and 75

Also on the Thursday their was a 12 car pile up and yet again caused problems.

Their is also road works between coven and brewood which is delaying buses of about 6 minutes

Last Monday the A449 into Wolverhampton was to one lane in both directions which caused traffic delays again

Also it was jack Haywood funeral in town this week and today their has been road works again on the A449 due to bus lane work

So does that answer ur question ? As it is pretty obvious what they problems are and they are affecting all services along the A449 especially stafford where their is major work in the sewers as well

Staffordshire county council receive updates by the hour on the service the ensure that every journey is covered regardless of being late due to people on this route are isolated and require a service.

I hope this helps

mranon

shame they dont have an information line their passengers can reach

SBS

That's the thing their is ?!? So therefore wrong information being put on this fourm again as well as other posts ?  we offer to regular passengers text message updates and have for 4 years, the reason for this is that most of the passengers on Brewood and coven are known on first name terms as they are regulars and me and staff have known most of the passenger for at least 7 years plus.
Also you can phone Staffordshire county council regarding our services and look on their website.

Staffordshire and Centro also advertise the number which can be found on their websites ?

Bob

Arriva stupidly interwork every other 70 with the 76 which causes knock on effects to wolves to cannock passengers too

mranon

really sbs? what about the passengers who don't know? its ok saying you know them on first name terms, but there were quite a few looking fed up and worried they had been stranded. i occasionally jump on your bus myself, but i don't know who to contact etc, otherwise i may have been able to assist your passengers the other day - i.e make a call.

i wasn't slagging sbs off like others either, however lately things are not as promising as when you first appeared. I hope you do well, and get your buses all smart like they were a few months back. the orange bus is hellfire, a nice ride compared to the usual offering, and the decker is quite tidy too. (however as i followed it out of town earlier, i could hardly see the rear lights - i know them lanes are terrible to keep vehicles clean, but may be an idea for drivers to check they are visible).

its a real pity you dont have the technology other ops in wolves have so the real time info works - maybe good to reassure passengers its on its way?

SBS

Yes really, the phone number is shown on some of the buses and is printed on tickets printed from the machine. Although they can phone STAFFORDSHIRE county council anytime and they will answer any questions they have.

Yes I understand your comments it dosnt help that I'n the West Midlands that CENTRO are in charge of bus stops due to often information is wrong and we can't put our contact number anywhere also CENTRO are useless..

This week we have had no issues at all it was last week due to problems listed above but it is very rare we have any problems at all. That why passengers stranded we would never do that all services operate and even when their was traffic delays we operated late just to make sure people could get home, as they are very isolated areas.

The number to contact is 07746605679

The problem with the dirt is that we can clean the bus in a morning and then by 11 o'clock the same day it's dirty again, this is due to lanes in Morton and church eaton, their is simply nothing we can do about, even if washed day and night.

As from today the Orange volvo won't be used it was just a stop gap due to a bus being involved in a accident but now repaired. So that makes all the fleet painted.

Their are plans to add more tech to buses but this is aimed at the Staffordshire end rather than the West Midlands as mainly the services operate in Staffordshire.

SBS

Yes it is still in use mainly Monday to Friday at the moment it is out all day but usually it would only be used at peak times.

Sometimes appears on service 23 in school holidays

Regarding ticket we offer Single tickets or return tickets on the service 878/877

SBS

Interesting question I will have a look tomorrow and email it too as mainly the returns consist of Coven, brewood or wheaton aston to wolves.

I think it's around 530 but I will have a look

woody38

Cheers Select buses for your response, I now the service is long & buses can get held up

SBS

Yes has been a nightmare recently

Steveminor

I know exactly where sbs is coming from re centro and there bus stops. Back at Ampm on the 110 there was a diversion set in tamworth for one Sunday we & arriva put up notices on all the bus stops to warn people of possible heavy delays. Centro made us & arriva take them off all centro bus shelters as they were unauthorised.  As a result passengers from staffordshire knew what was happening & quietly waited for the buses where passengers in centro land complained about the lack of information regarding the delays.
Centro are not that edept at providing information regarding delays to cross boundary services only those wholly within the west midlands,  it's as if it ain't in our area then it doesn't matter.

Bob

Any plans to expand?  Or compete? Come and bost arrivas monopoly in cannock lol

SBS

Steve,
Totally agree with your comment, it is like they couldn't care about cross boundary services and sometimes their is even a lack on knowledge about them, ie the nbus the amount of people trying to use them in Staffordshire is unreal all because of lack of information on Centros part.

Bob, we will just see what happens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk