News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mesub

Quote4449 has a scrolling destination while on the 4, its like this picture below, are the destinations reverting back to the older font that they used to use

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/25965187881/in/photolist-FysnK8-yCieya-seqyqX-pzw88h-29fHe67-263PXg6-H6uwJR-YDoQCh-QzzxkS-2mr2wqG-NsV6sg-P4kXQ5-JfGj3A-FWtWE4-Ggm7Bc-2mYChnv-zyLLQj-wzHPGp-KTQ4cr-rdYW5N-r7KuLB-pJ7iHM-2i2pzTC-kE8ZWH-iJYDSQ-Dj62vR-iNQeVm-fWokeM-f1XKN8-eXYryk-f1WGPR-eiDKbN-e4VCYM-oorhrm-o8kznW-d3dDo5-c4MrHb-bUJsKo-bGDsPz-bnxmec-atjibB-boUW2r-ayiJma-agBHWF-sLfAVT-22LNdew-9tfwJy-9tmiB3-dYC2bW-9tWrSv

My best guess is that the controller hasn't had its destination display updated. Out of around 1600 buses, there's always a handful that's likely to be missed!!!

There was a '66 reg BC platinum that still had 23 to Woodgate (with a scrolling display) 6 months after the network review, so it's likely the same thing has happened here (obviously less than 6 months but still).
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Roy

Not sure whether this is a first, but the 4 buses that I saw on the 15 in the Bromley Lane area on Wednesday lunch time were in 4 different liveries - 4540 (red and white), 443? (crimson), 6760 (platinum), 2001 (new grey and red).  I'm sure this will confuse some passengers.

Jack

Quote from: Roy on July 10, 2022, 01:22:46 PMNot sure whether this is a first, but the 4 buses that I saw on the 15 in the Bromley Lane area on Wednesday lunch time were in 4 different liveries - 4540 (red and white), 443? (crimson), 6760 (platinum), 2001 (new grey and red).  I'm sure this will confuse some passengers.
Thought WN didn't use Tridents on Sundays?

Jack6101

Quote from: Jack on July 10, 2022, 02:26:36 PM
Thought WN didn't use Tridents on Sundays?
His put Wednesday mate 
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

Jack

Quote from: Jack6101 on July 10, 2022, 02:27:52 PMHis put Wednesday mate
My mistake.

Quote from: Roy on July 10, 2022, 01:22:46 PMNot sure whether this is a first, but the 4 buses that I saw on the 15 in the Bromley Lane area on Wednesday lunch time were in 4 different liveries - 4540 (red and white), 443? (crimson), 6760 (platinum), 2001 (new grey and red).  I'm sure this will confuse some passengers.
I don't understand why another livery is introduced, when there's still red and white vehicles going round. The new one looks better than the Platinum but grey is such a dreary colour.

BNH2004

Is 2005 in paint as it tracked since 28th June?

Tony

QuoteIs 2005 in paint as it tracked since 28th June?
No

BN

2002 back and in service, 2006 now in for refurb

BN

BNH2004

I was just looking at the 4 timetable for the cycling race for the commonwealth games (4th August) it says there are only 3 trips between Wolverhampton and Spring Hill between the start of service and 16:30

Is the timetable correct or is it an error?

Stu

Quote from: BNH2004 on July 21, 2022, 12:44:00 PMI was just looking at the 4 timetable for the cycling race for the commonwealth games (4th August) it says there are only 3 trips between Wolverhampton and Spring Hill between the start of service and 16:30

Is the timetable correct or is it an error?
See: https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/discover-the-west-midlands/birmingham-2022-commonwealth-games/travelling-by-bus-or-tram/

4i54 - Spring Hill               Service will be split into two sections for the day:
Spring Hill to City Centre section will terminate at the special event Chapel Ash Terminus

The I54 to City Centre section will terminate at Stafford Street (Stop AB) on inbound journeys service will run via Ring Rd St Patricks and Broad Street to Stafford Street 
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stu on July 21, 2022, 01:10:03 PMSee: https://www.tfwm.org.uk/plan-your-journey/discover-the-west-midlands/birmingham-2022-commonwealth-games/travelling-by-bus-or-tram/

4i54 - Spring Hill              Service will be split into two sections for the day:
Spring Hill to City Centre section will terminate at the special event Chapel Ash Terminus

The I54 to City Centre section will terminate at Stafford Street (Stop AB) on inbound journeys service will run via Ring Rd St Patricks and Broad Street to Stafford Street

Looking at that link, I don't think those wanting to go to Merry Hill from Wombourne will be happy as apparently the 15 is Chapel Ash - Wombourne only

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Westy

I suppose 'Chapel Ash' will appear as a terminal point on the displays?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on July 21, 2022, 06:45:32 PMI suppose 'Chapel Ash' will appear as a terminal point on the displays?
I suppose the "Short Working" displays will show

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk