News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wumpty

As posted in Bus Accidents/Incidents thread, 2019 involved in collision with dog on A449 Stafford Road outside Goodyear Pavillion (I stopped to check he was OK). Minor damage to NSF bottom corner and front tow flap. Believe driver ran DEAD back to garage.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Westy

Hasn't 4535 been spotted on the X8 in the past?

Sure our 'friend from Blackheath ' mentioned it at one point?

wulfrun

Why did the driver of the 21:35 N15 service from Wolverhampton Bus Station on 10 March (dep 21:46 11 mins late)  avoid the city centre stops, by navigating around the ring road, leaving people in the city centre stranded for 50 mins or needing to seek alternative services, travel options?

Did the driver take matters into their own hands, or were they advised by Control, based on what evidence/need?

The bus also avoided Trysull Road for the most part, and avoided parts of Kingswinford.

These are hourly late eve services, not a frequent service - where, due to late running, chunks can be missed out because the next bus is only 10-15 mins behind.

Looking at the timetable data uploaded by NXWM to BODS, all N15 mon-fri services post 19:35 have "Commercial Basis" value "contracted".
Permitted values being: contracted, notContracted, partContacted, unknown.
Therefore I am correct in stating this service is not a commercially operated service, but a socially necessary service that is operated by NXWM under contract from WMCA?

bustimes.org
"Forward in Unity"

D10

Without having been on the ground, it is hard to say what actually happened.

However, yes the Evening service on the N15 is supported by TfWM.

It should be noted that Wolves were playing at home on Thursday Evening, so if there was a City Centre diversion, it would highly likely be down to this and the Ring Road was kept clear by Police?

BNH2004

2003 - 2009 have now been debranded from the 2

BK63 YWP

Quote from: BNH2004 on April 05, 2022, 02:41:10 PM2003 - 2009 have now been debranded from the 2

There are more deckers on the 2 nowadays, they might as well brand them for 15/16 as more b7s on there now to release deckers for the 2
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

I love Walsall buses

Anyone know where 5417 was off to yesterday saw it by the island and Harden presumbly heading to Walsall . Could this be the next Hybrid to go have the conversion done

Tony

wulfrun

Are 5402 5409 and 5412 now fitted with the required customised exhaust systems, to ensure the vehicle meets Euro 6 emission compliance?

Are the remaining E400H conversions to straight diesel, returned back to NX with the necessary modified exhaust systems that certify the vehicle as Euro 6 compliant? In that vehicles are not returned back into service as euro 3 or 5 compliant, while waiting for new exhaust systems to be fitted at a later date, as has been the case for the 3 vehicles mentioned above?
"Forward in Unity"

Tony

No, 5402/9/12 are not yet Euro6,  but the kits for them have finally arrived. All the others had the exhaust kits fitted before conversion and remain on

wulfrun

Quote from: Tony on April 26, 2022, 06:43:59 AMNo, 5402/9/12 are not yet Euro6,  but the kits for them have finally arrived. All the others had the exhaust kits fitted before conversion and remain on
Thanks Tony.

Glad the kits have arrived. I hope the kits are installed ASAP.
"Forward in Unity"

BN

Quote from: wulfrun on May 03, 2022, 12:06:24 AMThanks Tony.

Glad the kits have arrived. I hope the kits are installed ASAP.
5402 is at Graysons now, getting ready for fittment.

BNH2004

Can anyone tell me where I can find timetables for the 15 and 4 from 5th June as I can't find any on the NXWM website or the TFWM Website

Stu

Quote from: BNH2004 on May 05, 2022, 05:35:09 PMCan anyone tell me where I can find timetables for the 15 and 4 from 5th June as I can't find any on the NXWM website or the TFWM Website
They will be published closer to that date when officially announced.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

BN

Long term dead 5406 back out after its conversion.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk