News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

West Midlands Bus

Started by bususer28, July 29, 2020, 10:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bususer28

Does anyone have any idea as to what other routes they could convert to west midlands bus? I was thinking about the 4 in Walsall but also NX double decker routes like the 16 and 50.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: bususer28 on July 29, 2020, 10:37:46 AM
Does anyone have any idea as to what other routes they could convert to west midlands bus? I was thinking about the 4 in Walsall but also NX double decker routes like the 16 and 50.
The 16 and 50 are very unlikely because all the other West Midlands Bus routes (31/32, 40, 42/3) had equal resources by both NX and Diamond, this is why it's not really possible on the 16 and 50. The 4 in Walsall could be done but the only way I could see that is if Diamond did all of the 4H and NX did all of the 4/4M

Gareth

West Midlands Bus is handy for paper tickets but contactless isn't really set up for it. And that's a shame.

Busboy105

When will the WMBus livery be rolled out on all buses? I know it's hard for NX and Diamond specifically to repaint their buses as they've done that in their new liveries, so when can they repaint those into the WMBus livery?

Tony

Quote from: Busboy105 on August 13, 2020, 08:13:52 PM
When will the WMBus livery be rolled out on all buses? I know it's hard for NX and Diamond specifically to repaint their buses as they've done that in their new liveries, so when can they repaint those into the WMBus livery?

They won't, except for joint routes

Busboy105

bususer28

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2020, 08:21:17 PM
I thought that Andy Street's plan was for all public transport to have the same brand like in London but it seems like that's not what he had in mind.

windy miller

It had occured to me that Central garage ,is, albeit by a narrow margin,
    within the proposed clean air zone scheduled for 2021?  if this legislation is
    implemented will there be any changes to the fleet at BC?... and will drivers be
    required to pay a clean air 'fee' every working day to park their cars?   :o :o
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2020, 08:21:17 PM

From what I've heard and seen all buses should be having the West Midlands Bus emblom on them, if not the colour as well. I know that the joint routes have to be done first, but from what @Tony  said, I don't understand, why the rest of the buses won't either be painted in the bus brand or just have the emblom on them?

ellspurs

Quote from: windy miller on August 19, 2020, 03:17:24 AM
   It had occured to me that Central garage ,is, albeit by a narrow margin,
    within the proposed clean air zone scheduled for 2021?  if this legislation is
    implemented will there be any changes to the fleet at BC?... and will drivers be
    required to pay a clean air 'fee' every working day to park their cars?   :o :o

I believe that one is earmarked for closure, it just depends on how soon they close it.

Tony

Quote from: ellspurs on August 19, 2020, 07:14:49 PM
I believe that one is earmarked for closure, it just depends on how soon they close it.

It is within the zone, bust as every route they operate runs into the zone it makes no difference whatsoever. People who's employment is within the zone can apply for a year's grace from paying the fee.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 19, 2020, 07:09:46 PM
From what I've heard and seen all buses should be having the West Midlands Bus emblom on them, if not the colour as well. I know that the joint routes have to be done first, but from what @Tony  said, I don't understand, why the rest of the buses won't either be painted in the bus brand or just have the emblom on them?
It was a floating idea a while ago, but it's not a very practical idea as there are many complications.  Who's going to cover the sheer cost of not only painting the vehicles, but the cost of having vehicles off the road being painted?  What about smaller operators who may not be able to have vehicles off the road being painted, or the facilities to do so?

There's already some sort of logo on vehicles in the shape of the NWM stickers, showing what tickets are accepted etc.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on August 20, 2020, 01:20:53 PM
It was a floating idea a while ago, but it's not a very practical idea as there are many complications.  Who's going to cover the sheer cost of not only painting the vehicles, but the cost of having vehicles off the road being painted?  What about smaller operators who may not be able to have vehicles off the road being painted, or the facilities to do so?

There's already some sort of logo on vehicles in the shape of the NWM stickers, showing what tickets are accepted etc.

I would have though while the buses are off the road already being painted or fixed thst they could add the new emblom on to the bus and get rid of the ostickers or have those updated?  From  what Andy said in a press relese some time ago now, there were going to be three different colours. Blue metro (which has already been done)!, orange for trais (I think) which sounds right as its the colour of WMR, and red for bus (again I think)  Yes I know most of NX fleet are crimzon (a sort of red) but there's no sign of the emblom on the buses so when they go in to be painted (if not already) then surely the emblom should be appied?

Steveminor

The other issue is cross boundary services especially those supported by other authorities other than tfwm!!

Kevin

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 20, 2020, 01:35:39 PM
I would have though while the buses are off the road already being painted or fixed thst they could add the new emblom on to the bus and get rid of the ostickers or have those updated?  From  what Andy said in a press relese some time ago now, there were going to be three different colours. Blue metro (which has already been done)!, orange for trais (I think) which sounds right as its the colour of WMR, and red for bus (again I think)  Yes I know most of NX fleet are crimzon (a sort of red) but there's no sign of the emblom on the buses so when they go in to be painted (if not already) then surely the emblom should be appied?

But there are (and will be once all new deliveries etc are done) a lot of trains operating within the west midlands run by different operators without the emblem, so why should all bus operators?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk