News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Cricket Shuttles

Started by GeminiFan1991, June 14, 2016, 01:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Dom

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 14, 2016, 01:34:21 PM
Do we know which garages will be contributing to the Cricket Shuttles ?!

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/shuttle-buses-to-the-t20-blast-from-birmingham-city-centre/

I believe it will be the same as last year, so BC and AG, I'd imagine.

Squiz1971

BC normally help to cover these

AndrewLee

BC have exclusively covered the last three weeks' T20 matches. The other garages normally come on board on the more busier days ie one day international/five day test. During the Ashes last year even office staff from BY were driving buses!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: AndrewLee on June 14, 2016, 03:49:01 PM
BC have exclusively covered the last three weeks' T20 matches. The other garages normally come on board on the more busier days ie one day international/five day test. During the Ashes last year even office staff from BY were driving buses!

I always thought it was a collection of garages just lending a spare vehicle in.

Office Staff  :D Im assuming drivers aren't obliged to take up duties on these shuttle type services ?
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

AndrewLee

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 14, 2016, 10:04:18 PM
I always thought it was a collection of garages just lending a spare vehicle in.

Office Staff  :D Im assuming drivers aren't obliged to take up duties on these shuttle type services ?

No you volunteer via a pink report. During the ashes it was so busy a couple of 'graduates' lent a hand driving.

Look out on Friday 24th  (I think) one day international maybe some loan buses on there. I know some of the lads that do it so I'll ask about if I see them.

MW

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on June 14, 2016, 10:04:18 PM

I think the buses come from different garages if required but it's run by one garage, in this case BC. V Festival is run by AG (well the AG/YW General Manager) but the buses come from allover.

Trident 4609

Quote from: MW on June 14, 2016, 11:39:24 PM
I think the buses come from different garages if required but it's run by one garage, in this case BC. V Festival is run by AG (well the AG/YW General Manager) but the buses come from allover.

WN and WA run vehicles from their own depots with vehicles from other garages vehicles loaned too.

MW

Quote from: Nathan on June 15, 2016, 06:35:24 AM
WN and WA run vehicles from their own depots with vehicles from other garages vehicles loaned too.

Yeah, because they're closer to the location. The event is run by general manager at AG.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: MW on June 14, 2016, 11:39:24 PM

I know they draft in drivers from all over as I know some Perry Barr drivers who did it last time. They were based out of WA for V Festival.

Nxwm

Any idea what buses will be out tommorow on the shuttles and how many?

AndrewLee

Quote from: Nxwm on June 23, 2016, 10:10:55 PM
Any idea what buses will be out tommorow on the shuttles and how many?

Heard 17 were asked for (could be 23).  BC confirmed 3 drivers and PB 8 as of last week. My mate is on it tomorrow so should know then, think it's 1030 book on...

Michael Bevan

Quote from: AndrewLee on June 23, 2016, 11:53:56 PM
Heard 17 were asked for (could be 23).  BC confirmed 3 drivers and PB 8 as of last week. My mate is on it tomorrow so should know then, think it's 1030 book on...

Any idea what time's they run?

Nxwm

Quote from: Michael Bevan on June 24, 2016, 05:39:54 AM
Any idea what time's they run?

It runs 2 hours before play and 1 hour after play!

AndrewLee

4218 4190 4569 4573 4331 4829 so far...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk