News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 30, 2021, 09:03:57 PM

So basically WMN should show them as 'Travel Express' and 'not'  Let's Go then?
No, I never said that.  What i'm saying is that colloquially they've always been known as that, as they've been going for many years.  'Let's Go' is their trading name, and is what passengers see on the front of the bus.

DJ

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 30, 2021, 09:03:57 PM

So basically WMN should show them as 'Travel Express' and 'not'  Let's Go then?

Both are correct, but they trade as Let's Go!, which is what the general public see on timetables and on their buses, so I think the latter is the better option.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Pat

Quote from: DJ on January 30, 2021, 09:21:25 PM
Both are correct, but they trade as Let's Go!, which is what the general public see on timetables and on their buses, so I think the latter is the better option.
In all fairness, most people just know them as 'the little bus'!

fleetline6477

Maybe Let's Not Go would be more appropriate

ellspurs

Quote from: fleetline6477 on January 30, 2021, 10:06:40 PM
Maybe Let's Not Go would be more appropriate

Or "Let's Go Just In Front Of That NX Bus".

Pat

Quote from: ellspurs on January 30, 2021, 10:16:12 PM
Let's Go pop into that shop, leave our passengers sitting there for 10 minutes and carry on when it suits us.

cris 99

Nice to see some of the darts still going although how long they have left is anyones guess  :D
17//72/73/97/X12

BK63 YWP

Quote from: ellspurs on January 30, 2021, 10:16:12 PM

They always leave in front of the 11s as soon as it sees the nx 11 signalling to put out of the stand at wolves. The 32/33 let's go stay in the stand for a while even when an nx 32/33 comes into the stand (they share the same stand)
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Pat

Quote from: cris 99 on January 31, 2021, 10:08:48 AM
Nice to see some of the darts still going although how long they have left is anyones guess  :D
Until April.

mranon

Sk51ayd back in service on 32

Pat

Quote from: mranon on February 05, 2021, 12:31:07 PM
Sk51ayd back in service on 32
I'm surprised it's come back, to be honest.  Only going to be used until April.  It was parked up at the back of the depot, with all the withdrawn darts, in November. 

mranon

to be honest, im not suprised. it makes business sense with revenue low. if it was maintained it wouldnt have took much to re mot, and probably worth keeping going, same as their cx03ebj as they have newer isbe engines. however id imagine that using t580jtd, x312krx, y131gbo, cx03ebj, and now sk51ayd they worthless anyway, so may as well flog them to death and keep the others mint. i would also imagine the saving on adblue would make a big difference at the moment.

Tony

Quote from: mranon on February 07, 2021, 11:11:41 AM
to be honest, im not suprised. it makes business sense with revenue low. if it was maintained it wouldnt have took much to re mot, and probably worth keeping going, same as their cx03ebj as they have newer isbe engines. however id imagine that using t580jtd, x312krx, y131gbo, cx03ebj, and now sk51ayd they worthless anyway, so may as well flog them to death and keep the others mint. i would also imagine the saving on adblue would make a big difference at the moment.

Operating costs are being covered, so makes no difference

Pat

Quote from: Tony on February 07, 2021, 11:30:14 AM
Operating costs are being covered, so makes no difference
But what I can't understand is why they've re MOT'd it, when it can only be used up until April - especially when there's quite a few E200s in the depot, some of which are Euro 6 compliant.  There's already 3 darts that had valid MOTs, two of which have been out in service with EBJ sat spare.

Tony

Quote from: Pat on February 08, 2021, 02:01:20 PM
But what I can't understand is why they've re MOT'd it, when it can only be used up until April - especially when there's quite a few E200s in the depot, some of which are Euro 6 compliant.  There's already 3 darts that had valid MOTs, two of which have been out in service with EBJ sat spare.

They can use it after April, Wolverhampton doesn't become 100% Euro 6 until 2022

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk