News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Travel Express / Lets Go

Started by Badger, June 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l.murphy123

Quote from: Pat on August 02, 2020, 10:02:48 AM
I really can't understand how they've still got a license.  Even after numerous PIs, they still carry on with their antics.  I was once waiting for their 32 in Wolves bus station.  There was an NX 32 on the stand.  Instead of the TEX driver waiting patiently behind, he carried straight on down St Davids without even pulling into the bus station!  Coming back from Northwood, their bus didn't even show up.
Yes, they do have some sheds running around.  I was on Y244FJN once and it absolutely reeked of diesel.  Their buses could also do with a clean inside too.  Hopefully Chumber won't let his new E200s get into the same poor state as his darts.

I think id stand if I had to get one of those!
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

Bus Man K2

TEX (or as they are know now Let's go) don't seen to carry many passengers so I'm supprised that they are still running.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 02, 2020, 06:48:32 PM
TEX (or as they are know now Let's go) don't seen to carry many passengers so I'm supprisex that they are still running.
They do.  I've seen morning services on the 11 with standing loads.  If they didn't carry many passengers, they'd have stopped running long ago.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on August 02, 2020, 07:01:10 PM
They do.  I've seen morning services on the 11 with standing loads.  If they didn't carry many passengers, they'd have stopped running long ago.

Well OK in the Peaks they do but I've seen many running empty during the day. Se explain how they can run services at a loss and still run them regardless.

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 02, 2020, 07:04:32 PM
Well OK in the Peaks they do but I've seen many running empty during the day. Se explain how they can run services at a loss and still run them regardless.
The NX 11 runs empty during the day too.  How do you know they're running at a loss?  If they were, they'd have pulled out of the route long before now.  There's no point in operating a commercial service at a loss.  Take Diamond on the 228 as an example.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Pat on August 02, 2020, 10:02:48 AM
I really can't understand how they've still got a license.  Even after numerous PIs, they still carry on with their antics.  I was once waiting for their 32 in Wolves bus station.  There was an NX 32 on the stand.  Instead of the TEX driver waiting patiently behind, he carried straight on down St Davids without even pulling into the bus station!  Coming back from Northwood, their bus didn't even show up.
Yes, they do have some sheds running around.  I was on Y244FJN once and it absolutely reeked of diesel.  Their buses could also do with a clean inside too.  Hopefully Chumber won't let his new E200s get into the same poor state as his darts.
The streetlite hasn't made a comeback yet I see! It must be at least 12 months now since that disappeared off the 303.

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on August 02, 2020, 09:16:04 PM
The streetlite hasn't made a comeback yet I see! It must be at least 12 months now since that disappeared off the 303.
PN07KRZ and occasionally Y184KNB have been on the 303 and the evening 2 journeys since the streetlite has been away.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Pat on August 02, 2020, 10:15:00 PM
PN07KRZ and occasionally Y184KNB have been on the 303 and the evening 2 journeys since the streetlite has been away.
T580 has also done the 303 along with one of the TGH darts

Solo1

How busy was the other services run by let's go before lockdown

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on August 02, 2020, 07:10:36 PM
The NX 11 runs empty during the day too.  How do you know they're running at a loss?  If they were, they'd have pulled out of the route long before now.  There's no point in operating a commercial service at a loss.  Take Diamond on the 228 as an example.

I can have a guess that Let's go are running their services as some sort of loss. I think NX's 11 is partly subsidised. Can anybody confirm this? As I think it's only certain jrnys that are partly subsidised but not totally certain on this.

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 03, 2020, 08:26:41 AM
I can have a guess that Let's go are running their services as some sort of loss. I think NX's 11 is partly subsidised. Can anybody confirm this? As I think it's only certain jrnys that are partly subsidised but not totally certain on this.

11 is commercial

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on August 03, 2020, 08:37:27 AM
11 is commercial

Thanks @Tony I though some of the jrnys were subsidised, obviously not then!

Pat

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on August 03, 2020, 08:26:41 AM
From looking at their accounts on Companies House, they're obviously making something.  Anyway, what's the point in keeping running a commercial service if it is operating at a loss?
Quote from: Solo1 on August 03, 2020, 05:14:21 AM
How busy was the other services run by let's go before lockdown
They were quite busy.  The 1 got busy round school/college starting times and i'd often see a standing load go past me on the Tettenhall Road.  I was once told that a driver on the 1 left a stop on Tettenhall Road, saw another passenger turn up at the stop, then did a u turn to to and pick them up!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Pat on August 03, 2020, 09:46:45 AM
From looking at their accounts on Companies House, they're obviously making something.  Anyway, what's the point in keeping running a commercial service if it is operating at a loss? They were quite busy.  The 1 got busy round school/college starting times and i'd often see a standing load go past me on the Tettenhall Road.  I was once told that a driver on the 1 left a stop on Tettenhall Road, saw another passenger turn up at the stop, then did a u turn to to and pick them up!

All I'm saying is that whenever I'm out on the network over Wolverhampton I see several OF Let's Go vehicles running around the city empty.

Also with regard to them doing u-turns depending on if that's true isn't that illegal and dangerous? Unless they find a good place to do it.  Which then could mean that they're  also running late.

ellspurs

When I last saw the 11 on Friday (turning off Stafford Street onto Cannock Road), the NXWM one at the front looked like it had a decent load on it. The Let's Go one immediately behind had two passengers on it. This was around 9.00-9.30am or so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk