News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

John

One of our Geminis on the 905 had a RTC with a car on the Lichfield Road just after 5 this evening. Looks like the car cut in too early and hit the front O/S of the bus with its rear N/S. An ambulance and inspector was there when I passed it around half 5

JoNi

4838 has collided with mini that pulled out in front of it from Coventry ring road.

DVXXII

Michael Bevan

Apparently 30942 was involved in a collision with a car earlier in Bloxwich. Saw it being towed earlier.

John

Mike K

Ronnoc

Blimey, it got hit again, in the same spot, after a repaint, in the same month as it did last year.

MW

Quote from: Ronnoc on August 07, 2016, 05:09:18 PM
Blimey, it got hit again, in the same spot, after a repaint, in the same month as it did last year.

It was on the 27 on Addison Road last year when it was hit by 4520. 1918 was the one on Stratford Road, although 1918 was at the Formans Road junction, whilst this one is pretty much at Camp Hill.

Ronnoc

Quote from: MW on August 07, 2016, 05:53:24 PM
It was on the 27 on Addison Road last year when it was hit by 4520. 1918 was the one on Stratford Road, although 1918 was at the Formans Road junction, whilst this one is pretty much at Camp Hill.
Sorry for not being specific but I meant the spot it got hit by from the van.

Stu

Quote from: John on August 07, 2016, 04:41:09 PM
1926 involved in a crash on the Stratford Road earlier this afternoon

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/casualty-hospital-after-stratford-road-11716683

I'm not normally a betting man, but I'm willing to bet that the van was clearly at fault and was trying to turn right into Henley Street. Believe me, I've seen all sorts of crazy driving shit at that junction, including people turning right out of Henley Street into oncoming traffic.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

MW

Quote from: Stu on August 07, 2016, 08:13:36 PM
I'm not normally a betting man, but I'm willing to bet that the van was clearly at fault and was trying to turn right into Henley Street. Believe me, I've seen all sorts of crazy driving shit at that junction, including people turning right out of Henley Street into oncoming traffic.

Lmao I've also seen that Stu.

I've had people pulling out of that road with me having to slam the breaks to prevent a collision. I've also had people pull out on me at the Stratford Road/Walford Road junction out of city. They'd be in the right lane that goes straight and right onto Highgate. Some idiot at the front last minute decides to turn without signalling and then everyone behind him would barge into the first lane. I was coming down at 20mph and someone pulled out. I had my hand near the attack alarm and my other hand on the horn. And then that guy had the audacity to pull up to me after and start going off on one.

Westy

RTA in Leamore Walsall WS3 affecting 1,2,301 & 302.

ARBB

Boy hit by diamond bus in Birmingham http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2016-08-15/diversion-in-place-after-boy-hit-by-bus-in-erdington/

Apparently police have had the bus raised by a jack to inspect the vehicle

Ronnoc

Unfortunately the boy has died, thoughts and prayers out to his family.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk