News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on April 20, 2016, 09:00:56 PM
I've seen lots of drivers use it for the reason it was installed for.

You may of but I haven't.

The main use of the bandit alarm seems to be to get the inspectors attention.

P419 EJW

Quote from: BU07 LGO on April 20, 2016, 08:42:28 PM
Love how he can't find the door open button 😂

Had me stumped when I first had a scanny

@BU07 LGO Haha I know right lol? 😂 All of that because he got embarrassed in front of the passengers... 🙄 Isn't the open door button located on the left at the top of the doors?

BU07 LGO

Quote from: P419 EJW on April 20, 2016, 09:11:41 PM
@BU07 LGO Haha I know right lol? 😂 All of that because he got embarrassed in front of the passengers... 🙄 Isn't the open door button located on the left at the top of the doors?

Yeah I think so I know it's not the usual spot lol

Liberator9

Quote from: Dom on April 20, 2016, 08:57:40 PM
And people wonder why drivers numbers are dropping so quickly.

Yeah exactly - looking through some of the comments you can see a few current or ex drivers commenting to the same extent, also reflecting on the lack of management support. From a third party viewpoint I've seen and heard several drivers echoeing the latter now; it would be nice to see that rectified as clearly an issue for some. The abuse some drivers get is appalling at times. A row of incidents like that and it'd do your head in really. And people start asking why all the drivers aren't always friendly, smiling etc. It's because they have to put up with morons like this at times. Could explain the reasoning why when I go to other areas the drivers seem far happier and more inclined to speak, because the usual clientele are so much more respectful.

One idea would be what TfL do now with the Underground; having emergency response units who can be called out to deal with incidents such as this. May give drivers more reassurance that there is help actually on the way, and may act as a deterrent, and catch those responsible for this.

I've been on a couple of times when the bandit alarm has been activated - does usually work in getting them off. However fortunately I've not had an incident this bad. The alarm is a useful device, and it is a good alternative to the horn when you flick it on and off briefly. Quite amusing when a couple of drivers use it on the 6 to greet each other!

Ronnoc

Look at that knob trying to break off parts of a bus.

MW

I bet none of you have ever heard an MMC have it's bandit alarm on?

Why? Because no sod knows how to switch the damn thing off.

Anyway, yeah that's happened to me before. I thought the guy was gonna break the assault screen when I was on the other side, so I just started driving and slamming the breaks, until the guy hit his head off the pole thing. Said guy had bent down to aim towards me and spit. He did spit and it went on my trousers, which is why I made his head smack of the pole. And then he got off at the next stop.

ARBB

Quote from: MW on April 20, 2016, 10:53:51 PM

Anyway, yeah that's happened to me before. I thought the guy was gonna break the assault screen when I was on the other side, so I just started driving and slamming the breaks, until the guy hit his head off the pole thing. Said guy had bent down to aim towards me and spit. He did spit and it went on my trousers, which is why I made his head smack of the pole. And then he got off at the next stop.

I've heard one....... I know how to turn it off too  8)

Michael Bevan

Quote from: MW on April 20, 2016, 10:53:51 PM

Should have seen it at the Pensnett Open Day! I remember people panicking when it didn't turn off! Hilarious to watch!

John

Quote from: P419 EJW on April 20, 2016, 09:11:41 PM

Yes it is. It dosen't actually open the doors, it lets all of the air out of the doors and you have to pull them apart

Tony

Quote from: John on April 21, 2016, 03:02:29 PM
Yes it is. It dosen't actually open the doors, it lets all of the air out of the doors and you have to pull them apart

And you have to be quite tall to actually reach it!

lauren1993

4595 has lost its right side mirror.
Favourite buses currently:
871, 1828, 4421, 4764, 6101, 6108, 6116, 6118, 6121, 6848, 6849
Least favourite buses currently:
4203, 4213, 4398, 4419

CL

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/shocking-crash-birmingham-leaves-several-11270039#ICID=FB-Birm-main

Looks quite serious. Not a bus collision, although, I'd expect the 16/74/75 would've been affected by this.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

ARBB

Will

Stourbridge   125

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk