News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Other Walsall Tony

Another near miss at Pleck Rd/Hollyhedge Lane Junction, Walsall.
Number 40 bus turning right under green signal, pickup truck shoots out from Wolverhampton Rd, passes red light, misses bus by a few inches, leaving bus driver visibly shaken.
Is there something about this junction that confuses drivers from the direction of Junction 10? This is not the first such incident I have seen.
Tony

JoNi

Stagecoach bus crashed into Grimsby Town Hall.

bubble2899

Most buses should be limited to 30mph or have the limits set by gps, it is not beyond technology. Then we will see how many services have impossible running times!

Bubble interesting idea limiting speed by gps, most in my circle don't need to limited we just don't care about being late if condtiions aren't favourable I.e weather , masses of passengers , traffic conditions etc , especially this time of year most things are against you , we back off the gas pedal take those few extra seconds to look about, I myself cruise about around 20-25 30 is the max I do with passengers onboard , it's so much less stressful. Keeping to a timetable at all costs like we use to back in the day is seriously not a good idea. I,d rather not be filling out blue accident forms or see management.  It's just easier to claim the overtime. I,ve had passengers say to me driver your to slow to do this job now I,m late for for work, I just say you should have got an earlier bus, love the dirty look I get back. I won't loose my job for being cautious but I will for not driving to company standards.  Timetables are bus companies problem not drivers, as drivers our responsibility to the timetable is not to run early.  I only wish somebody told me that when I first started it would have saved me so much hassle.

Trident 4609

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153060475326199&id=53722041198
A Pershore Rd branded E400 has hit a building on Carrs Lane.

Gareth

Quote from: Nathan on December 03, 2015, 02:51:09 PM
A Pershore Rd branded E400 has hit a building on Carrs Lane.

Just saw that. Bus is 4912. Looks like damage is confined to offside front roof dome. Carrs Lane and Hight street currently closed to traffic whilst fire brigade are in attendence.

Michael Bevan

I'm hearing a 99 has crashed at the Q.E. Hospital. Can anyone confirm?

Tony

Quote from: Michael Bevan on December 03, 2015, 05:53:58 PM
I'm hearing a 99 has crashed at the Q.E. Hospital. Can anyone confirm?

No

JoNi

B61 ANDREW

Two Blue Diamonds with the "bonnet up" in Redditch bus station this afternoon. A regular local traveller told me "todays a good day - there are usually three or four broken down at once" !! !! Hope that was a tongue in cheek comment - unless any one  knows otherwise.  ;)

AndrewLee

Quote from: Tony on December 03, 2015, 05:55:45 PM
No

A 98 service had an incident. 2122 near side rear corner damage. Made contact with a YW Scania.

AndrewLee

Quote from: 2900 on December 03, 2015, 12:22:33 PM
Bubble interesting idea limiting speed by gps, most in my circle don't need to limited we just don't care about being late if condtiions aren't favourable I.e weather , masses of passengers , traffic conditions etc , especially this time of year most things are against you , we back off the gas pedal take those few extra seconds to look about, I myself cruise about around 20-25 30 is the max I do with passengers onboard , it's so much less stressful. Keeping to a timetable at all costs like we use to back in the day is seriously not a good idea. I,d rather not be filling out blue accident forms or see management.  It's just easier to claim the overtime. I,ve had passengers say to me driver your to slow to do this job now I,m late for for work, I just say you should have got an earlier bus, love the dirty look I get back. I won't loose my job for being cautious but I will for not driving to company standards.  Timetables are bus companies problem not drivers, as drivers our responsibility to the timetable is not to run early.  I only wish somebody told me that when I first started it would have saved me so much hassle.

Totally agree. Traffic has really ramped up this last week. Worth taking extra care.

Solo1

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk