News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bus Accidents/Incidents.

Started by P419 EJW, June 15, 2014, 11:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

It's also been said (and not confirmed) that the decker rammed a Rugby 86 right before (it stops at the stop prior to the bend).

Recognise the area?: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/driver-suspended-after-oap-hit-3037385
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

JoNi

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/tUp16f

I took this picture last week because so many people are now forced to use the zebra crossing with the pavement closed where road widening is taking place.
The newly installed wayfinder totem outside Sainsburys appears to have been completely destroyed.

Adam 404

From what i have read so far... These are the events that took place.
1. ALX 400 on the X18 goes round the corner in Hale Street quickly
2. ALX 400 avoids Bus parked in the 2 & 3 stand swerves into Taxi's
3. ALX 400 mounts pavement
4. ALX 400 hits Flag and Lampost
5. ALX 400 collides with Sainsbury's wall hitting street furniture and elderly women in the process.
Please correct me if I'm wrong...
I was in Melton Mowbray Rail Station at the time of the incident so wasn't actually there but reading various articles about this.

Twi

i saw a 86 being towed away around 830pm last night which sems to support the double bus impact 

Twi

that zebra crossing is horrible, its made worse by the fact that people assume they have the right of way and dont look just walk straight out actually that seems to be the attitude of pedstrians all over the city and we get treated like we are in the wrong place when they are on the road

AV4248

Just seen the Stagecoach incident on the news.

Horribly sad, thoughts to all those involved.

LiamthebusGuy

News from TBC:

An eyewitness of the coventry bus crash describes the moment of panic, she said "I was leaving the store and walking away when I heard a horn and screaming, followed by a loud bang... I turned around to see a bus lodged in the front of sainsbury's... it was horrible seeing the children trapped under the seats and the bus staircase mangled."

A sainsbury's spokesperson confirmed none of the store's colleagues were injured.

WM Police last night confirmed two fatalities, an 8 year old an a woman in her 70's, though the families have been told the deceased are not being publicly named.

As the manager of The Bus Channel, I would like to wish my deepest condolences for the families of the deceased and hope for a speedy recovery for all of those injured.

Details of when the store will be back to normal have yet to be released.

THIS POST IS NOT COPIED FROM A PROFESSIONAL NEWS SITE IT HAS BEEN COMPILED AND WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH. However here is a link to a news site...

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-sainsburys-bus-crash-nine-10190403

JoNi

There are now wreaths placed at the scene and a notice on the shop door stating Sainsbury's remained closed today as a mark of respect.
One report in the national press from a witness states the bus was 60 mph!

Quote from: Liam on October 04, 2015, 09:24:19 PM
News from TBC:

An eyewitness of the coventry bus crash describes the moment of panic, she said "I was leaving the store and walking away when I heard a horn and screaming, followed by a loud bang... I turned around to see a bus lodged in the front of sainsbury's... it was horrible seeing the children trapped under the seats and the bus staircase mangled."

A sainsbury's spokesperson confirmed none of the store's colleagues were injured.

WM Police last night confirmed two fatalities, and the families were told...

As the manager of The Bus Channel, I would like to wish my deepest condolences for the families of the deceased and hope for a speedy recovery for all of those injured.

Details of when the store will be back to normal have yet to be released.
@Liam
It was on BBC News last night
and they said WM Police confirmed a 8 year old boy was confirmed dead and a 75 year old woman. A 9 year old girl has been left seriously injured and is in hospital.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Ashley 60171

A Stagecoach Yorkshire MAN E300 collided with a lorry in Grimethorpe, Barnsley today reported in the media.

Twi

Quote from: JoNi on October 04, 2015, 09:28:56 PM
There are now wreaths placed at the scene and a notice on the shop door stating Sainsbury's remained closed today as a mark of respect.
One report in the national press from a witness states the bus was 60 mph!

annoys me when witness say things like that especially when they have no idea

Ally

Quote from: Twi on October 04, 2015, 11:52:14 PM
annoys me when witness say things like that especially when they have no idea

And what makes it worse is that a journalist from The Sun (surprise surprise) was caught lurking around Nuneaton Garage earlier on, trying to find the bus involved and started questioning drivers about it. He's obviously not very well acquainted with road accident investigations if he thinks the bus is going to be instantly returned to it's owner rather than the Police taking it away for an examination. That, plus the fact he was at the wrong garage anyway.

No shame, some people...
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

T840MAK

Quote from: Ashley 60171 on October 04, 2015, 09:51:36 PM
A Stagecoach Yorkshire MAN E300 collided with a lorry in Grimethorpe, Barnsley today reported in the media.

Actually looks to be more like the E300 was turning around to avoid a crash...and then got stuck in a drain  :o ::) ???
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Tony

Quote from: Ally on October 05, 2015, 12:11:57 AM
And what makes it worse is that a journalist from The Sun (surprise surprise) was caught lurking around Nuneaton Garage earlier on, trying to find the bus involved and started questioning drivers about it. He's obviously not very well acquainted with road accident investigations if he thinks the bus is going to be instantly returned to it's owner rather than the Police taking it away for an examination. That, plus the fact he was at the wrong garage anyway.

No shame, some people...

Most buses are taken back to their home garage. It is extremely rare for the police to take one to their own place. There are obviously better facilities at bus garages for DVSA to come and inspect the vehicles involved.

Ally

Quote from: Tony on October 05, 2015, 08:34:48 AM
Most buses are taken back to their home garage. It is extremely rare for the police to take one to their own place. There are obviously better facilities at bus garages for DVSA to come and inspect the vehicles involved.

That's a good point, I didn't think of it like that! He seemed oblivious to any procedure though, unless he was lying to try get us to talk - I was present at the time as I was route learning a driver the 767 service.
I would have thought the Police wouldn't want anybody near the vehicle after. Someone did say it went to their Fillongley impound which is closer I suppose, plus, other than the pits at Leamington, there's nowhere to hide it from public view. We didn't give him any leads anyway, he'd only end up snooping around Leamington instead and that's easier done.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk