News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: AlexS on September 08, 2020, 09:16:37 PM
Not only is that bus likely to be over capacity let alone at capacity, but the X84 runs at speeds on some roads on which there really shouldn't be people standing whether or not there is a pandemic ongoing.

Why all this knocking Arrival for a perfectly legal operation. E200MMC have a capacity of well over 7 standing, so well in, and standing passengers are allowed on any service unless it uses a motorway

Mayfield

I see from a statement from Simon they have managed to magic up a DD to be used on this service from today.

WilliamLeylandNational

Quote from: Mayfield on September 09, 2020, 01:38:29 PM
I see from a statement from Simon they have managed to magic up a DD to be used on this service from today.

magic up?

Apparently moved off the X55 due to lower school loadings on that route than expected

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on September 08, 2020, 09:21:34 PM
Why all this knocking Arrival for a perfectly legal operation. E200MMC have a capacity of well over 7 standing, so well in, and standing passengers are allowed on any service unless it uses a motorway

How does that work with the 110 and Sutton lines then as the Distressway is legally a motorway?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on September 09, 2020, 06:45:03 PM
How does that work with the 110 and Sutton lines then as the Distressway is legally a motorway?

It has a different legal status, urban motorway, or something like that, hence the 50mph speed limit

leicesterbusadventurer

Are 4209-4212 and 4217 even going to come back? God knows they're needed now with the departure of 4516-4521. I also wonder if 3315-3318 are due to return soon. Also, what's happened to 3764? It's been off the road for 7 months.

leicesterbusadventurer

Service X6 will be transferred to Hinckley next week.

leicesterbusadventurer

3775 and 3777 are now at Wigston.

ellspurs

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on September 23, 2020, 11:21:43 AM
Service X6 will be transferred to Hinckley next week.

I saw the X6 on its way to Leicester yesterday after going through Burbage. Quite a few people on there I felt for 2pm, a lot more than I had ever seen on a DeCourcey X6.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: ellspurs on September 26, 2020, 03:13:01 PM
I saw the X6 on its way to Leicester yesterday after going through Burbage. Quite a few people on there I felt for 2pm, a lot more than I had ever seen on a DeCourcey X6.
Could the fares be cheaper?

Bob

Didnt DeCourcey run it with coach seated deckers though and Arriva are sticking E200s on there?

ellspurs

Quote from: Bob on September 26, 2020, 11:49:27 PM
Didnt DeCourcey run it with coach seated deckers though and Arriva are sticking E200s on there?

I don't recall them using deckers that much on the route. May have just been a "when I actually saw them they were singles" kinda thing.

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: ellspurs on September 27, 2020, 05:21:50 AM
I don't recall them using deckers that much on the route. May have just been a "when I actually saw them they were singles" kinda thing.
It was usually singles when Arriva had it before, although the Scanias and the Spectras usually swayed over from time to time. De Courcey started with coaches before receiving 2 brand new Scania N230UDs in 2010, but one was destroyed in a fire in 2015. The other one was still branded but they just stopped putting it on the route after that, and then it went down to singles after then, which then led to the Evolutions arriving in 2017. Still, Arriva's E200s look stupid on it and I honestly don't know what they think's so brilliant about them seeing as Luton were sending theirs onto the 758 from Hemel Hempstead into Victoria just before lockdown (not sure about now).

Bob

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on September 27, 2020, 09:35:15 AM
It was usually singles when Arriva had it before, although the Scanias and the Spectras usually swayed over from time to time. De Courcey started with coaches before receiving 2 brand new Scania N230UDs in 2010, but one was destroyed in a fire in 2015. The other one was still branded but they just stopped putting it on the route after that, and then it went down to singles after then, which then led to the Evolutions arriving in 2017. Still, Arriva's E200s look stupid on it and I honestly don't know what they think's so brilliant about them seeing as Luton were sending theirs onto the 758 from Hemel Hempstead into Victoria just before lockdown (not sure about now).

Isnt the 758 Green Line? Well or supposed to be?

ellspurs

Quote from: leicesterbusadventurer on September 27, 2020, 09:35:15 AM

Quote from: Bob on September 27, 2020, 11:32:48 AM
Isnt the 758 Green Line? Well or supposed to be?

Luton's services were putting Cannock to shame for a while during lockdown. A number of W-reg deckers doing the Luton-Dunstable routes, supplemented by Green Line 747 branded coaches!

Not seen the deckers down there in the last two weeks I've been going down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk