News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BusDriverBosh

LOVING the new branding but Not a fan of the Outer Circle colour! Too in your face and doesn't go well with the crimson. I think orange would have been better
Bus Driver
X2 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X12 - Birmingham ➡️ Solihull Station
X13 - Birmingham ➡️ Chelmsley Wood

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on January 03, 2019, 07:47:38 PM
There's no point in promoting a route and advertising a route to people who know what the route is and know that it exsists. The whole purpose of route branding is to advertsise the route to people who don't know what the rote is and don't know it exsists.
It'd certainly be more useful to have to and from - ... and then a list of places on the side in my opinion rather than a massive Outer Circle (and empty space) - to be quite honest I don't see the point of the massive Outer Circle.
Nothing wrong with Bearwood, but there are other interchanges on the route, you could say the same for Yardley, City Hospital or or lots of the other just as important places it goes to.
I certainly think it would have been better listing where the route goes to like on the side of the bus like the 4/A branding and the old outer circle branding.
The old Outer Circle Branding listed places the route goes on the side unlike this branding (it wasn't like this where just one place is listed on the side of the bus).

Calm down Beyoncé

As Tony said each bus will have a different place on the outer circle on it... I change at bearwood many a time to go to Harborne/Selly Oak. It also advistises to the other parts of the route that this bus goes to Bearwood, another one will say Acocks Green and back, Harborne and back, Perry Barr and back...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: mrboshell on January 03, 2019, 07:48:34 PM
LOVING the new branding but Not a fan of the Outer Circle colour! Too in your face and doesn't go well with the crimson. I think orange would have been better

I agree with you there. The new branding is to a nice style but yellow on crimson doesn't go well. Much prefer the blue on grey for the 50, the grey is obviously a dull base livery, so the blue brightens it up, but isn't too bright that it's in your face.

The use of different place names on the side is similar to the previous branded Gemini's in that they had a few different variations for the rear branding, but more than one location on the side

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on January 03, 2019, 08:11:01 PM
I agree with you there. The new branding is to a nice style but yellow on crimson doesn't go well. Much prefer the blue on grey for the 50, the grey is obviously a dull base livery, so the blue brightens it up, but isn't too bright that it's in your face.

The use of different place names on the side is similar to the previous branded Gemini's in that they had a few different variations for the rear branding, but more than one location on the side

I agree! Using some colours on the platinum colour won't go, or will look too in your face like the outer circle! Now the geminis, the yellow went very well
Bus Driver

Quote from: markcf83 on January 03, 2019, 08:34:05 PM
Some obs from yesterday and this morning prior to returning to Cardiff.

1909-rt 6.
6126-rt X12.
4848-rt 907.

Those were from yesterday-below are this morning's.

6704-rt 5.
6828-rt 60.
6116-rt 126.

If any of these are semi regular workings then ignore them.
Virtually none of those aren't unusual in the slightest actually.
6828 on the 60 (The platinums at BC are regularly used on the 60 as well as the Bristol Rd (from what I've seen anyway), alongside the platinum X20/X21/X22, 23/24 and X1/X2), 6116 on the 126 (What made you think this one was unusual, its usual and infact the man allocation - the 126 has been split in recent months and the platinums are now on the Dudley Rd express X7 and X8 via Blackheath and the Hagley Rd), 1909 on the 6 is again the usual allocation allongside E200 MMC, 6126 on the X12 is again not unusual whatever colour it is (at present AG use these alongside the Platinums on the X12, as there aren't enough platinums at present to completly operate the X12 and 4848 on the 907 isn't unusual either (As far as I know these E400 see use on all PB decker routes that are operated by B7TL's and E400.

Only one that is unusual is 6704 on the 5.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BusDriverBosh

It looks like the crimson MMCs are replacing the Gemini's used on the X12
Bus Driver

Quote from: mrboshell on January 03, 2019, 08:56:04 PM
It looks like the crimson MMCs are replacing the Gemini's used on the X12
Some are being used on the X12 at present, though that probably depends on how many MMC are branded or the 11 (if all of 6110 - 6145 (the debranded buses) are 11 branded, I wouldn't think there will be many let for the X12 and if AG get any platinums from PN though, I expect.

As stated earler, there are some unusual allocations in these changeover periods, and AG can't use the Non Trapped Gemini on the Solihull services. So its best to see, what the allocations are like when they've settled down.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on January 03, 2019, 08:11:01 PM

How about lime green branding for the 9

DJ

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on January 03, 2019, 09:42:37 PM
How about lime green branding for the 9

The 9 is being branded in lime green, there's some photos about on Facebook.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

Quote from: StourValley98 on January 03, 2019, 11:32:15 PM
The 9 is being branded in lime green, there's some photos about on Facebook.
Now on the main site, as well. ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

I don't like the new branding for the 11. It looks over the top with this horrid TfWM cheap rubbish. The yellow branding on the Gemini's was better than this rubbish, the yellow doesn't go with the Crimson.

I presume this branding is TfWM's opportunity to get more people to use the buses, seen as all they care about is the metro...

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: Jack on January 04, 2019, 01:10:43 PM
I don't like the new branding for the 11. It looks over the top with this horrid TfWM cheap rubbish. The yellow branding on the Gemini's was better than this rubbish, the yellow doesn't go with the Crimson.

I presume this branding is TfWM's opportunity to get more people to use the buses, seen as all they care about is the metro...
that's their new branding, trying to become the West Midlands Bus. I like the branding, just not the 11 one as the colour is too bright in your face!
Bus Driver

V89MOA

Quote from: Jack on January 04, 2019, 01:10:43 PM

Don't think I've ever seen a statement I agreed with more on here! It's sad because the 11 in recent times has always had circular themed branding, which was a perfect fit for the route, even the awful green still had circles on the windows...

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on January 04, 2019, 01:25:51 PM
Don't think I've ever seen a statement I agreed with more on here! It's sad because the 11 in recent times has always had circular themed branding, which was a perfect fit for the route, even the awful green still had circles on the windows...
I have to agree, I miss the circles which has always suited the 11. I don't like that branding and one operators livery is changing to meet TfWM's needs. The new announcements on the 50 are just London's iBus in the West Midlands.

I'm going dread the 126's new branding, again another route that has had its last brandings in circles, so it's new branding will be another TfWM cock up...

BusDriverBosh

Quote from: Jack on January 04, 2019, 01:32:15 PM
I have to agree, I miss the circles which has always suited the 11. I don't like that branding and one operators livery is changing to meet TfWM's needs. The new announcements on the 50 are just London's iBus in the West Midlands.

I'm going dread the 126's new branding, again another route that has had its last brandings in circles, so it's new branding will be another TfWM cock up...
the circles have always looked better, x1/x2, x3/4/5/14, x61, 126, x7/8 and more! They look good on the platinum colours. Shame tfwm have to ruin it
Bus Driver

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk