News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Stu on December 21, 2018, 05:03:50 PM
Well generally during these kinds of 'transition periods' allocations do go all over the place, so it is to be expected. Once all the vehicles have finished transferring, and parking positions become consistent, then allocations will become smoother.

And of course at AG a lot of the Geminis & Alx400s should only be on the 1 & 11 because of AQPS rules

Quote from: National2 on December 22, 2018, 08:30:38 PM
Thurs 20 Dec '18

6125 & 6137 of YW? out on late night X12 duties.

Fri 21 Dec '18.

6137 noted back out again on X12.

Are AG short of Platinums ? Understand X12 planned to operate with 10, depot allocation 10.
They're not Yardley Wood Buses anymore. 6125 and 6141 were also on the X12 on Friday, whilst 6704 was on the 72.
These are now Acocks Green buses, 6111 to 6124 from Pensnett and 6125 to 6148 from Yardley Wood are all due at AG, their intended use is on the Outer Circle, 11A and 11C. I saw 6141 on the 11A today, not sure if any others where out on there.
@National2
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Eric Shaw

AG were using the special timetable for the 5/73 today, not the normal Saturday timetable as advertised on their website. The website now says that the special timetable will be used on Saturday 5th January, as well as the days mentioned on the timetable itself. It seemed to be working well today.

Jack6101

6125 has been branded for the outer circle like how the 50 /9 have been done
Edit : 6125 is now on the 11c not long left Acocks Green
Local routes
74-Dudley -great bridge-west Brom-soho road-hockey-Birmingham
87-Dudley-tividale-oldbury-smethick-Dudley road , city hosp, Birmingham
126-Dudley-Birchley island-bearwood-Birmingham
14- Dudley - Oakham -whiteheath- blackheath- Quinton - helsowen
14A- Dudley - Oakham ( city road ) - blackheath - oldhill - Cradley Heath- quarry bank - merry hill

I love Walsall buses

Here's a quick screenshot of what it looks like
*Credit to Lee for the photo*

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on January 03, 2019, 05:07:55 PM
That is unusual, it seems to say "Outer Circle to and From Bearwood"? And why Bearwood, that route goes to more places than just Bearwood and I personally don't see the importance of Bearwood over any of the other places it goes to? The old 11 branding that was up until recently carried by the Gemini was much more informative in my opinion.
Very little details on the route it serves there, what about, Acocks Green, Kings Heath, Yardley, Bournville, Selly Oak, Harborne, Ward End, Stechford, Cotteridge, Erdington, Perry Barr, City Hospital, Witton, etc
I thought the purpose of route branding is to promote the route, how do they expect non bus users, etc to know what the "Outer Circle is". Surely they could have picked, out of the many places the route serves, a few more places to include on there?
With so little details on the route it serves, compared to the new 50 branding, could it suggest that they may be planning on some sort of service change to the route in the near future?

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4609

Quote from: 2206 on January 03, 2019, 05:36:48 PM
That is unusual, it seems to say "Outer Cirle to and From Bearwood"? And why Bearwood, that route goes to more places than just Bearwood and I personally don't see the importance of Bearwood over any of the other places it goes to? The old 11 branding that was up until recently carried by the Gemini was much better in my opinion.
Very little details on the route it serves there, what about, Acocks Green, Kings Heath, Yardley, Bournville, Selly Oak, Harborne, Ward End, Stechford, Cotteridge, Erdington, Perry Barr, City Hospital, Witton, etc
I thought the purpose of route branding is to promote the route, how do they expect non bus users, etc to know what the "Outer Circle is". Surely they could have picked, out of the many places the route serves, a few more places to include on there?
With so little details on the route it serves, compared to the new 50 branding, could it suggest that they may be planning on some sort of service change to the route in the near future?

All the other via points on the route are mentioned on the rear.

cardew

I would imagine other vehicles will have different suburbs named in the side branding

Tony

Quote from: cardew on January 03, 2019, 06:02:49 PM
I would imagine other vehicles will have different suburbs named in the side branding

Correct

monkeyjoe

That is unusual, it seems to say "Outer Circle to and From Bearwood"? And why Bearwood, that route goes to more places than just Bearwood and I personally don't see the importance of Bearwood over any of the other places it goes to? The old 11 branding that was up until recently carried by the Gemini was much more informative in my opinion.

The 11 change an ex Lea Hall route would would get brand new freshly allocated vehicles I think before that happens lol

Mike K

Looks smart - the yellow is far more effective against the crimson than on red and white. I do like this new style branding.

monkeyjoe

Very impactful

MasterPlan

Very smart, that.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Stu

The previous version of the Outer Circle branding also had 'variations on a theme' listing different places the route served on different buses. And as Tony has confirmed in his reply above, the same is being done with the new branding, so calm down!

And what's wrong with Bearwood? It's a popular area, and an important interchange along the Hagley Road with both the 82 and Outer Circle services.

You'd be surprised how well-known the Outer Circle route is, even my parents - who don't use buses - know what it is!  ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on January 03, 2019, 07:45:44 PM
You'd be surprised how well-known the Outer Circle route is, even my parents - who don't use buses - know what it is!  ;)
There's no point in promoting a route and advertising a route to people who know what the route is and know that it exsists. The whole purpose of route branding is to advertsise the route to people who don't know what the rote is and don't know it exsists.

Quote from: Stu on January 03, 2019, 07:45:44 PM
The previous version of the Outer Circle branding also had 'variations on a theme' listing different places the route served on different buses. And as Tony has confirmed in his reply above, the same is being done with the new branding, so calm down!

And what's wrong with Bearwood? It's a popular area, and an important interchange along the Hagley Road with both the 82 and Outer Circle services.
It'd certainly be more useful to have to and from - ... and then a list of places on the side in my opinion rather than a massive Outer Circle (and empty space) - to be quite honest I don't see the point of the massive Outer Circle.
Nothing wrong with Bearwood, but there are other interchanges on the route, you could say the same for Yardley (an popular area with an interchange point for the Coventry Rd services down to the Airport, Solihull, Coventry and Sheldon), City Hospital (Hospital and interchange for the 82/87 and X7) or or lots of the other just as important places it goes to.
I certainly think it would have been better listing where the route goes to like on the side of the bus like the 4/A branding and the old outer circle branding.
The old Outer Circle Branding listed places the route goes on the side unlike this branding (it wasn't like this where just one place is listed on the side of the bus).
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk