News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: MW on April 02, 2017, 02:39:53 PM
There is quite an issue. Summer Road gets blocked with traffic of buses usually at evening times. I'm sure it's become worse as of recent years. A solution would be to move the fuel pumps further down in the Garage, which is what causes these delays. Granted, moving the fuel pumps isn't as easy as it sounds.

Don't most garages have traffic issues of an evening? What with loads of buses all coming back at roughly the same time
I know Wellhead Lane (PB garage) is hell around that time

Quote from: j789 on April 02, 2017, 03:11:13 PM
If the garage is in a residential area the land it is on must be fairly valuable so perhaps would fund a new garage.

Valuable perhaps yes, but in this day and age it'd only become a new supermarket instead and that would have equal if not more traffic problems
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Kevin on April 02, 2017, 03:14:24 PM
Don't most garages have traffic issues of an evening? What with loads of buses all coming back at roughly the same time
I know Wellhead Lane (PB garage) is hell around that time

Valuable perhaps yes, but in this day and age it'd only become a new supermarket instead and that would have equal if not more traffic problems

Most garages do tend to have traffic problems. I've seen BC buses queuing all down Liverpool Street and also onto Fazeley Street. I seen OmniLinks queuing up nearly the gates at BY. At YW, the queue can even go far down as the High Street with 1 driver telling me so. It's a daily issue in regards to fuelling the buses as that's what's causing the issues. Internal solutions would include installing additional pumps, moving existing pumps so that their is additional parking space although I doubt most garages have the real estate to make that happen.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

j789

In most cases, garages have the ability to just park buses up and then shutters will refuel them during the night in the busiest cases. Same happens at my garage if there is a vehicle breakdown on the pumps, otherwise would create chaos.

Mike K

Quote from: Solo1 on April 02, 2017, 01:51:32 PM
Acocks green has been thete years the car owners have garages they could use

Problem is these garages were never built to house the number of buses they do now, and a lot of routes now operate 19 to 20 hours a day. A very different situation today to 30 years ago, let alone when the garages were built.

By the time Quinton closed it was operating most of Harborne's plus some of Stourbridge's, Dudley's and Harts Hill's routes.

winston

Quote from: Mike K on April 02, 2017, 07:28:33 PM
Problem is these garages were never built to house the number of buses they do now, and a lot of routes now operate 19 to 20 hours a day. A very different situation today to 30 years ago, let alone when the garages were built.

By the time Quinton closed it was operating most of Harborne's plus some of Stourbridge's, Dudley's and Harts Hill's routes.

In the final years of Quinton, they were having to park 2 rows of Lynx (approx 14-16 buses) outside running the length of the garage, that space was formerly used to provide some staff parking

Stevo

No residential issues at Miller Street. Use AG for storage and put operational vehicles back at MS. But does NXWM still own the garage?

karl724223

No problems down pensnett 

Mike K

Quote from: karl724223 on April 02, 2017, 10:29:44 PM
No problems down pensnett

Fair bit of dead mileage for the 71 all the way back to PN though

2243 on the 72 in the City Centre at 16:58 has an large scrape all along the side of the bus.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Michael Bevan on April 03, 2017, 09:36:09 AM
2241 on AG1.

@Michael Bevan , nothing noteworthy about that, the 1 uses any type of bus at AG.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Mike K on April 07, 2017, 08:14:39 PM
There are also low trees along Wheeleys Road on the 98/99 routes.
On April 30th the AG 1 will be diverted down Wheeleys Road, Arthur Road and Church Road until approximately 13:45. Is it possible to get a double decker down there now then?

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/birmingham-10k-marathon-road-closures-
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Squiz1971

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but while on 4670 heading to the Fox on the 11c. There is a poster for a £2.10 max charge but only available on the outer circle. Couldn't see when it starts or started

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on April 22, 2017, 12:12:14 PM
On April 30th the AG 1 will be diverted down Wheeleys Road, Arthur Road and Church Road until approximately 13:45. Is it possible to get a double decker down there now then?

http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/information/temporary-diversions/birmingham-10k-marathon-road-closures-

Its a Sunday, so they'll probably just stick a couple of E200s on there, like they usually do.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on April 22, 2017, 02:28:57 PM
Its a Sunday, so they'll probably just stick a couple of E200s on there, like they usually do.
Over the past few weeks, its been mostly decker on Sunday from what i've seen. Usually a E400 MMC.
Sure a couple of months back it was said one of the Hybrids got down Wheeleys Lane on a 98, though I expect it'll probably just be E200 MMC next week.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MW

Keep forgetting to mention this.

4529 has gained an LED display on the back, after so many years of having a blank space.

Still has front and side dot matrix.

@Sh4318 you'll probably be interested in this lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk