News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Winston on September 08, 2016, 05:40:18 PM
So were 4040 & 4071 but quickly re-instated to AG is Sept (see Main Site fleetchanges for Sept)

I'm aware of AGs newest "arrivals" as I consulted the fleeetchanges to avoid any mistakes as I was surprised a 47** Gemini would be doing an AG route !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

4292 - 11C
4293 - 11A
4297 - 11A
4300 - 11C
4301 - 1
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: GeminiFan1991 on September 08, 2016, 06:04:54 PM
I'm aware of AGs newest "arrivals" as I consulted the fleeetchanges to avoid any mistakes as I was surprised a 47** Gemini would be doing an AG route !

Even if they weren't going to Dundee you would never get a 47xx Gemini at AG because they are two inches taller than all the other Geminis, so wouldn't fit under the bridge on the 5 route, so too much of a risk one even being in the garage.

Squiz1971

Quote from: Tony on September 08, 2016, 06:16:52 PM
Even if they weren't going to Dundee you would never get a 47xx Gemini at AG because they are two inches taller than all the other Geminis, so wouldn't fit under the bridge on the 5 route, so too much of a risk one even being in the garage.
I did not realise that the 47** batch of Gems were taller than the previous batches of the same bus as they don't look any higher but then again I haven't really seen them side by side to make that comparison 

Jaysnerz007

Sorry Tony i was only asking as it came up on the radio. Theres a radio programming issue with 4071 because on the radio its showing as 4705

Stu

For the benefit of those that get excited about these sort of things, 4298 was on the 31 this evening. ;)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on September 14, 2016, 04:10:01 PM
4300 - 1

It's on an allocated running board we don't need to know this every day

37351ml

Noted  2203 being towed yesterday evening just outside Walsall heading towards willenhall on 529 route.

MW

Quote from: 37351ml on September 16, 2016, 08:42:03 AM
Noted  2203 being towed yesterday evening just outside Walsall heading towards willenhall on 529 route.

The only thing I can think of there is maybe it was going to WN? The Alexander Dennis thing based there maybe?

monkeyjoe

It's really weird seeing one of box things with a rear grill on the 11 today, they look at state. I don't remember the metros looking that bD when they were old .

j789

Quote from: monkeyjoe on September 17, 2016, 08:54:25 PM
It's really weird seeing one of box things with a rear grill on the 11 today, they look at state. I don't remember the metros looking that bD when they were old .

I think part of the reason was the Metros had much plainer bodywork so when you see pictures of them 20+ years old still in service, they really didn't look a lot different to when new. The red stripe livery also helped I think as I don't think the red white on buses like 4300 help them look any better. That grill on the back is also ugly as it's not symmetrical. I'd also say that the metros were probably loved more by the company and engineers etc so we're probably looked after better too.

The Real 4778

Quote from: j789 on September 18, 2016, 10:21:18 AM
I think part of the reason was the Metros had much plainer bodywork so when you see pictures of them 20+ years old still in service, they really didn't look a lot different to when new. The red stripe livery also helped I think as I don't think the red white on buses like 4300 help them look any better. That grill on the back is also ugly as it's not symmetrical. I'd also say that the metros were probably loved more by the company and engineers etc so we're probably looked after better too.

This is partly subjective I think.  Some of the Metros operating out of Walsall garage at the death were pretty disreputable looking - which was part of their charm and appeal.  Also, no two machines were identical in the smaller details, which added to the fleet's character.

Certainly the red and white livery shows the dirt, and dents or uneven panels which act as dirt traps too.  It was a very impractical livery to keep fresh, and the connecting bars version looks fussy and doesn't wear well.

However, all the fleet has to be mechanically looked after to a uniformly high standard - I don't think there's any place for corporate sentimentality at the likes of National Express.
Don't you start.

Squiz1971

@Rob2832 I saw 4526 at the Mackadown turning  into St Giles Road from East Meadway heading towards Chelmsley about 9:25 but couldn't see the fleet number properly I think it was on a 72E to Chelmsley Wood but may of been on a full route run or even a 71. Thought it was an odd sight seeing a crimson Gemini at those lights

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk