News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Acocks Green Garage

Started by Rob H, July 22, 2013, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevo

The ADL site shows the engine has a maximum of 210 bhp which isn't huge by today's standards, but the vehicle weighs less than 8 tons so the B7RLE has more than 2 tons extra to cart around. Yesterday I came home on 2210 on the 37 packed with around 60 passengers and it didn't seem to have any effect on performance. 

andy41

Quote from: Stevo on September 05, 2015, 10:27:45 AM
The ADL site shows the engine has a maximum of 210 bhp which isn't huge by today's standards, but the vehicle weighs less than 8 tons so the B7RLE has more than 2 tons extra to cart around. Yesterday I came home on 2210 on the 37 packed with around 60 passengers and it didn't seem to have any effect on performance.

It's a good point. I wish manufacturers would learn to strike a balance. They either create a sturdy, durable underpowered lump like the B7RLE or a lightweight flimsy flying machine like E200's and Omnilinks full of plastic and poorly bonded components that like to work loose and drop off after the first 10 potholes. Unfortunately there seems to be little inbetween.

mranon

B7rle underpowered? Try an e200. Problem with them is the ECU programming which is hampering performance. This is done to save fuel drivers throwing people down the bus etc. The e200s seem to be OK once moving. Arrival and selects seem to be better in comparison but this may be down to the fact they have different gearboxes.

Liberator9

Omnilinks are not that lightweight and they're pretty sturdy. Scania chassis is very good, just the interior design could be better and the window fittings on the outside need improving.  Not had a YW scania had anything fall off on my many daily trips and they managed to survive a very rough Highters Heath road for a few years. Not many body rattles, just the useless ticket bins and some fitting on the cab partition. Although the later Johnson ones have a far better interior design and look due to the lighter shades used.   

Trident 4194

I would take an omni link, then a b7rle, then a crap rattle e200

I am yet to sample the e200 mmc

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 05, 2015, 03:23:13 PM
I would take an omni link, then a b7rle, then a crap rattle e200

I am yet to sample the e200 mmc

You definitely should try and get a ride on one sometime! They are unlike any other E200 I've travelled on before, rattle-free and fast, yet smooth with minimal jerking around. These E200 MMCs are full-size single-decks, with plenty of seats and room inside.

From a passenger's perspective, after you've travelled on one of these, you suddenly realise just how 'weedy' the Eclipse 2 B7RLEs are in comparison. The OmniLinks are good solid buses, but I feel the E200 MMCs are superior replacements.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quote from: Stu on September 05, 2015, 03:50:10 PM
You definitely should try and get a ride on one sometime! They are unlike any other E200 I've travelled on before, rattle-free and fast, yet smooth with minimal jerking around. These E200 MMCs are full-size single-decks, with plenty of seats and room inside.

From a passenger's perspective, after you've travelled on one of these, you suddenly realise just how 'weedy' the Eclipse 2 B7RLEs are in comparison. The OmniLinks are good solid buses, but I feel the E200 MMCs are superior replacements.
The E200 MMC are a very nice ride on the 71 between Sutton Coldfield and Chelmsley Wood in my opinion infact I do rather like them @Stu  definetley agree with your opinion of the E200 MMC
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

2201 now back at AG (not in service today)

James4368

2235 is out on 71
Currently just passed Solihull hospital 0837
To Sutton Coldfield
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

Stevo

My first impression of the E200 MMC on the first day in service was of a step change from earlier E200s. The interior is much better than Omnilink or B7RLE as the rear end is much lower. The one thing that annoys me is the rattle / vibration from the engine compartment on acceleration. They're all the same.

GeminiFan1991

Can someone confirm if 4662 Was on the 11A yesterday and it reached Erdington around Just before 11.30
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

2235 passed Yardley Yew Tree out of service at 3:30 PM must of finished now then for the day
Quote from: Nathan on September 07, 2015, 04:38:01 PM
2235 and another E200MMC just behind it in Sutton about 13:50 this afternoon
@Nathan did 2235 continue to Solihull?
Possibly was taken out of service because it was running late?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

John

Quote from: Tony on September 07, 2015, 08:33:50 AM
2201 now back at AG (not in service today)

Out on the 37 this afternoon

Ossie

Quote from: Stevo on September 07, 2015, 09:35:33 AM
The one thing that annoys me is the rattle / vibration from the engine compartment on acceleration. They're all the same.

Yes, I noticed that the other day on 2227, it was quite intrusive.  Purely by coincidence, I've ridden that one three times now, but haven't been aware of any rattle before ......

Tony

For the first time since they started arriving the 37 has its completely correct allocation on it of 18 E200MMCs and one Gemini

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk