News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 2900 on August 16, 2015, 10:49:22 AM
Last two evenings have been dire never once been on time Friday we all now about m6 closure plus a premier league game at villa, last nite Dudley rd services were screwed cause of the hot air balloon rides and fun fair at Victoria park, as I about exit West Bromwich bus station a chap has seizure on the zebra crossing that cost 20 minutes, then I get to the blue gates smethwick more delays, while on the 89 I come into oldbury heading to city I get round of applause for turning up cause  the 87,s had gone missing some people claimed to be waiting nearly hour and half, well I thought it's better than abuse, then later on in the evening blue gates smethwick is closed by police after a bad rtc brilliant I couldn't turn the bus round so I escaped using the side roads not appropriate for bus, I,ve seen class two rigid trucks go up in the past , fingers and toes crossed I made it to Devonshire rd then stony lane back on route and into city eventually,last journey to west brom blue gates still closed , so on to the smethwick bypass I,m dropping of passengers at ASRA then this old lady comes to me I need to get to Devonshire rd I can't walk very far I have this stick you see, she then proceeded to give directions on how to get there , I call traffic explaining the situation, I,m basically told use my best judgement on getting this old lady home , so now I,m heading towards Devonshire rd as if I,m going towards city now old dear now done and dusted , now I,ve got to travel the entire length of Devonshire rd to  littlemore hill island to turn round and head back as normal , I now pull into west brom bus round 0010 I forgot to erase my blinds before entering, a chap comes to me thinking I,m still in service told him I,m done ,he said where's the 2308 83 it still eh come, by this time I,ve no patience for any more crap, I don't know, closed the doors and left, I still finished nearly 20 minutes late , a nite to forget , I,ve switched my land line and mobile off so no from west brom traffic can contact me asking can I help last second.com.  I is gona chill today now I,ve got that off me chest.

I was 125 minutes late when the m6 was shut, It took me 2 hours to get 4801 from perry barr to past j7!

Kevin

Guessing it's just the usual Tyburn and Chester Road delays but 4 67s turned up a Salford Circus inbound 18:05
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on August 18, 2015, 06:27:52 PM
Guessing it's just the usual Tyburn and Chester Road delays but 4 67s turned up a Salford Circus inbound 18:05

When the M6 North is shut around Junction 5 and not expected to reopen until 2130 bus services do tend to get screwed up nearby

In all the years i,ve done I can't recall ever being over 2 hours late behind the wheel of a bus, but I have waited for bus at my relief point in oldbury for 4 and half hours with half dozen others in the freezing cold after a snap snow storm caught every one out. Around 2130 hrs services were cancelled only after an rtc when several buses slid into each other at dudleys castle gate hill. The inspector at oldbury said that you all free to go home, several of us went straight into the nearest pub downed some vodka and walked many many miles home, I felt like the ready brek kid after those, all warm and glowing.
It never ceases to amaze me how passengers expect bus services to be fully operational and on time in the worst weather conditions.
Back in the day when Hayley rd services used go over the top of five ways, it was crawl most evenings passengers/ customers would watch you  crawl to them and when they,ve finally boarded it was like, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, words just fail me at times of such stupidity.

The 71's were running in two's one must of been 30 minutes late or, more! saw 2 MMC this afternoon pass through Castle Vale together. Must of had something to do with this
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/castle-vale-fire-porsche-engulfed-9978427
On here aswell
https://twitter.com/WardEndFire
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Spotted two 31s to Solihull following each other through Acocks Green as I got off the 37 about half an hour ago.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

14:45 55 from the City Centre left Saltley 7/8 minutes late
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Rob H

1940 & 2232 were running together on the 71 towards Solihull around 09:30-09:45 seen at The Wheatsheaf.
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

Trident 4609

2235 and another E200MMC justbbehind it in Sutton about 13:50 this afternoon

P419 EJW

There is a paper on the display thingy on 126 stand in Wolverhampton Bus Station. "This service is experiencing delays of 45-50 minutes late due to an incident on the route. National Express."

John

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 08, 2015, 10:37:38 AM
There is a paper on the display thingy on 126 stand in Wolverhampton Bus Station. "This service is experiencing delays of 45-50 minutes late due to an incident on the route. National Express."

On the A4123 between Oldbury M5 Island and Burnt Tree Island according to BBC Travel (Looks like the junction where the 120/127 cross the 126). It says that the 120, 121 and 127 is also heavily delayed

Trident 4194

Was the 07:53 99 from Halesowen to Birmingham a no show as it didn't appear may have gone early?

fleetline6477

Yesterday morning (Tues 22/09) big peak a.m. delays on 126 - around 8.35 3 in convoy at Norfolk Road traffic lights to B'ham (4143, 4311, 45xx) and 8.40 2 in convoy at Lightswood Park (one E to 5 Ways 4138, 45xx).

Stu

Lots of services experiencing heavy delays today on Washwood Heath Road, Alum Rock Road, Soho Road, and Stratford Road, due to 'Eid shopping'.

Stratford Road services through Sparkhill being diverted via Stony Lane, Yardley Wood Road and Wake Green Road.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

GeminiFan1991

The A52 to Rugeley was a no show.

I waited 2 hours for it in the cold weather in the morning yet it never came. Amazon stated they were contacting National Express and some "Comissioner" was liaising with the traffic office to see why it never showed up.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk