News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellspurs

Quote from: Stu on January 19, 2021, 06:53:20 PM
Someone didn't get the memo this morning! After getting off the 2 by the job centre to walk the rest of the way to work, I came across 4387 parked up at the stops by Aldi, being assisted by an inspector to turn into Palmerston Road and reverse back out. Bet that was a bit embarrassing for the driver!

The amount of times I've just gone into auto mode and forgot about any deviations this week...

The first exit on the A452 Collector Road is currently closed due to them doing something with the lights. I've made the "trip of shame" up to the second junction so many times now, as I only remember it is closed after I've joined the road at the top.

ellspurs

Gonna be plenty of diversions today.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/severe-weather

Snow is coming down quite heavily in North Solihull, and it is scheduled for the rest of the day.

Quote from: ellspurs on January 24, 2021, 10:11:29 AM
Gonna be plenty of diversions today.

https://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/service-updates/severe-weather

Snow is coming down quite heavily in North Solihull, and it is scheduled for the rest of the day.
They keep putting X22 Birmingham to Rednal for some reason. Its Birmingham to Woodgate via University & QE Hospital.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

9 and X10 using Quinton expressway. That's a blast from the past. Didn't the 19 (Hasbury to Birmingham) last service to use that stretch?

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on January 24, 2021, 10:14:58 AM
They keep putting X22 Birmingham to Rednal for some reason. Its Birmingham to Woodgate via University & QE Hospital.

There are lots of 'typos' and errors on that page, thankfully we get the basic gist of it.

Snow is expected to continue to fall for the next few hours so basically if you don't need to travel by bus, don't travel by bus!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

ellspurs

And TfWM have just copied/pasted the NXWM page verbatim, errors and all.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 24, 2021, 11:36:28 AM
And TfWM have just copied/pasted the NXWM page verbatim, errors and all.

TfWM don't copy and paste the information. They get notified and it automatically get up dated onto the diversions page with the info that NX provided.

ellspurs

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2021, 11:48:24 AM
TfWM don't copy and paste the information. They get notified and it automatically get up dated onto the diversions page with the info that NX provided.

... essentially an electronic copy and paste, as information isn't being looked over before posting.

For instance, this is the current info for the 54:

"54 | Hamstead Village to Perry Barr One Stop is avoiding Hamsted Highstyreet"

on both NXWM and TfWM. It's fabulous.

Bus Man K2

Quote from: ellspurs on January 24, 2021, 12:09:40 PM
... essentially an electronic copy and paste, as information isn't being looked over before posting.

For instance, this is the current info for the 54:

"54 | Hamstead Village to Perry Barr One Stop is avoiding Hamsted Highstyreet"

on both NXWM and TfWM. It's fabulous.

Yep it's electronically sent but then it is also electronically updated.. until someone points it out to them (notmally me!!) it'll stay like that...

Tony

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2021, 12:14:12 PM
Yep it's electronically sent but then it is also electronically updated.. until someone points it out to them (notmally me!!) it'll stay like that...

Last word again!

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Tony on January 24, 2021, 12:15:24 PM
Last word again!

No @Tony  I'm only stating a fact l.. If you don't like that then sorry... If you also think I like to have the last word I don't normally.. but if there's someting to say I'd say it!!😁 Again I don't mean any harm with this post so if it comes across arsey sorry.

Plust it is the truth I'm speaking.

Dom

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2021, 12:14:12 PM

*Normally

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Dom on January 24, 2021, 01:36:27 PM
*Normally

Sorry @Dom  yes I meant Normally 'not' notmally!! 😁

bususer28

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on January 24, 2021, 01:41:00 PM

Sorry @Dom  yes I meant Normally 'not' notmally!! 😁
Looks like YW 18 is still terminating at Bangham Pit but where exactly do the buses turn, is it at the triangle leading down to Moors Lane (the last time that happened to me, the dot matrix displayed Ley Hill!) or do they contine down Genners Lane and terminate at Newman?

Bus Man K2

Quote from: bususer28 on January 26, 2021, 04:15:50 PM
Looks like YW 18 is still terminating at Bangham Pit but where exactly do the buses turn, is it at the triangle leading down to Moors Lane (the last time that happened to me, the dot matrix displayed Ley Hill!) or do they contine down Genners Lane and terminate at Newman?

Sorry @bususer28 I don't know as I don't live in Birmingham... I don't know if @Dom or @Tony will know?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk