News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/18646935.birmingham-street-will-one-way-works-take-place/

Why do I get the feeling the 9 is going to end up diverting via Stourbridge Junction?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 13, 2020, 09:31:32 AM
https://www.stourbridgenews.co.uk/news/18646935.birmingham-street-will-one-way-works-take-place/

Why do I get the feeling the 9 is going to end up diverting via Stourbridge Junction?

Would a Platinum be able to turn right at Oldswinford Cross because you can't use Red Hill as that is closed for road works as well!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

karl724223

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 13, 2020, 03:19:10 PM
Would a Platinum be able to turn right at Oldswinford Cross because you can't use Red Hill as that is closed for road works as well!!
number 9 going Stourbridge ring road  right vicarage road  penfields estate  then left normal

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: karl724223 on August 13, 2020, 04:15:30 PM
number 9 going Stourbridge ring road  right vicarage road  penfields estate  then left normal

Diamond are using Stepping Stones as a diversion for 228, 251 and 298, is this the first time Stepping Stones has been used as a diversion I wonder?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on August 13, 2020, 05:48:28 PM
Diamond are using Stepping Stones as a diversion for 228, 251 and 298, is this the first time Stepping Stones has been used as a diversion I wonder?

I thibk Diamond used it as a diversion for a short while for the 142 once

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 14, 2020, 09:50:22 AM
I thibk Diamond used it as a diversion for a short while for the 142 once

Yh I'm sure they did too

Westy

Interesting to note that there is no reference on either Nx or TfWm sites regarding closure of Pooles Lane in New Invention, affecting both the 41 & 69!

In short, after reaching Short Heath shops, services are being diverted via Willenhall Lane, Dudleys Fields Estate & Sneyd Lane onto New Invention.

One question I will ask, how is the 41 serving the Poets Estate,  because it looks like either serving in the opposite direction to normal,  or looping one way?

(Talking of the 69, there was some overrunning roadworks in Beechdale mentioned on TfWm site, but since when has Cavendish Road been in Wolverhampton?)

CL

RTC at St Chads; police in attendance - no diversion route mentioned on twitter yet

I did pass an Enviro with '13 to Birmingham' along Constitution Hill (near the Texaco)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Stu

On the 3 this morning, just before 8:30am, Stoney Lane was in the process of being closed off for roadworks.

There was nothing on the NWM Disruptions page when I checked, and the drivers didn't seem aware of any road closure either.

Presumably nothing had been communicated to bus operators about this!

Luckily we were able to continue up to Highgate Road, otherwise that bus would have got stuck!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

bususer28

1/1A diverting via Kings Heath High St due to something that's happened on Wake Green Road. I got off at Kings Heath so not sure where it goes after that but I assume it'll follow the 11 to Acocks Green.

CL

Quote from: bususer28 on September 05, 2020, 01:30:42 PM
1/1A diverting via Kings Heath High St due to something that's happened on Wake Green Road. I got off at Kings Heath so not sure where it goes after that but I assume it'll follow the 11 to Acocks Green.
2 & 3 also diverted and not serving Stoney Lane

Outbound trips seem to be:
Straight along Stratford Road, turning onto Springfield Road, onto Wake Green Road, then Swanhurst Lane, and back to normal route.

I'll assume inbound trips towards City are the inverse as that mentioned above
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Jack

The 49 was on a diversion earlier because of a reported accident on Haslucks Green Road. Was following the 2 along Yardley Wood Road down to the island and then along School Road, Highfield Road, Robin Hood Lane, Stratford Road and then back on normal line of route in Shirley.

Stu

Quote from: bususer28 on September 05, 2020, 01:30:42 PM

Quote from: CL on September 05, 2020, 04:07:24 PM
2 & 3 also diverted and not serving Stoney Lane

Outbound trips seem to be:
Straight along Stratford Road, turning onto Springfield Road, onto Wake Green Road, then Swanhurst Lane, and back to normal route.

I'll assume inbound trips towards City are the inverse as that mentioned above

Wake Green Road / Yardley Wood Road junction was closed for several hours following a serious road accident:
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-updates-major-disruption-wake-18884221

More lazy "journalism" from the BM though:

QuoteA number of bus services, including the 1A, 1, 2, 3, 5 and 49, were diverted around the crash site and drivers were warned of congestion.

::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

14 was diverting via Fox & Goose earlier at about midday.
Towards City Centre: Station Road, Stechford Lane, Waswhwood Heath Road, Alum Rock Road
Towards Chelmsley  : Alum Rock Road, Washwood Heath Road, U turn, Washwood Heath Road, Stechford Lane and Station Road.

And 28/28A would also have diverted towards Fox & Goose to miss out Burney Lane.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Services 23/24, x20/1/2, 61,63, 80A & 82/87 all in diversion in city due to a police incident on Holloway Circus Island.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk