News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

94 & 71 towards Chelmsley are being diverted today up to Clock Garage, then u turn back down Coleshill Road and along Heath Way. Any idea why?

Also saw a 101 branded E400 crossing St Margarets Road lights on Bromford Lane NIS in the last 15 minutes, presumably going to the Fox & Goose to start a 94.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on May 28, 2020, 04:47:17 PM
94 & 71 towards Chelmsley are being diverted today up to Clock Garage, then u turn back down Coleshill Road and along Heath Way. Any idea why?

Also saw a 101 branded E400 crossing St Margarets Road lights on Bromford Lane NIS in the last 15 minutes, presumably going to the Fox & Goose to start a 94.

Bradford Road is/was apparently closed, according to NXWM twitter: https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1265932388720410626

They only notified of X70/96 service diversions.

Diamond 25 & NX X70 were being diverted along Bromford Road earlier.
I saw 4902, 4907 and 6947 on Bromford Road earlier on the X70 and 20737 on the 25.

Never saw any X12's within that period, so possibly using the normal line of route.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

X12 & X70 are diverting via Bromford Road this morning.
4896, 6826, 6854, 6704 and 6709 seen on Bromford Road this morning.

Chipperfield Road must be closed between Collingbourne Avenue & Coleshill Road, as Diamond 25 is still using Collingbourne Avenue to access Bromford.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

broma1k

Yes patching road surface in Chipperfield Road.Seem to have finished by 13:00

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on June 29, 2020, 11:40:28 AM
X12 & X70 are diverting via Bromford Road this morning.
4896, 6826, 6854, 6704 and 6709 seen on Bromford Road this morning.

Chipperfield Road must be closed between Collingbourne Avenue & Coleshill Road, as Diamond 25 is still using Collingbourne Avenue to access Bromford.

When they do this, are they skipping out Bromford Bridge estate completely, or are the buses going in from the other end and circling around at the old 26 terminus?

Squiz1971

Quote from: ellspurs on June 29, 2020, 04:14:32 PM
When they do this, are they skipping out Bromford Bridge estate completely, or are the buses going in from the other end and circling around at the old 26 terminus?
They miss out the estate completely as they go straight up Bromford Road to Coleshill Road and continue along the normal route @ellspurs

broma1k

Normally they go into the estate & stop in one direction only whether going into town or out & run the other way non stop & then rejoin their route.

John

Have been watching the X3 on bus times for a while. An abnormal load is making its way up the Lichfield Road from Sutton out towards Lichfield. X3s are diverting, 1872 used the Tamworth Road and the A5 nearly entering Tamworth, rejoining NLR at Watford Gap Island, and another returning and joining NLR at the traffic lights on the Tamworth/Anchorage Road junction on the Lichfield Road in Sutton.

I guess as the load moves up over Mere Green buses are able to use Clarence Road but are then doubling back after reacing the top of Hill Hook Road and diverting towards Lichfield on the Tamworth Road

There are also 8 buses on the X3 compared to the usual 5 so it looks like we have some extras out to help with the gap in service caused by a long diversion. Some are also looking to be terminating at the old Hill Hook termius as well

Tony

With regards the conversation about diversion notifications this is part of an email PB have just issued

At approx 19-05 hrs Friday 10 th July , i received calls from several buses which had become stuck in road works outside Asda Minworth Island towards Sutton, the diversion we were operating on started at 20-00 hrs and further up the road from Webster rd Island with Walmley Ash Rd,

I spoke to one driver stuck in the middle of the road works via his mobile phone and asked him to find one of the contractors on site so i could speak to them, to which he did, and the contractor state that the road work plan had changed stating that the location had changed and the times had come forward by an hour, i explained our position stating that we were on diversion from 20-00 hrs from Webster way onwards  and thats why there was buses there at this time.

The contractor said after they had done some hole filling in around the parked bus ,they would get him out of there and assist with getting the other buses out as well.

That is what bus companys and TfWM are up against when locations and times are just changed at whim

Busboy105

Quote from: Tony on July 10, 2020, 08:16:04 PM
With regards the conversation about diversion notifications this is part of an email PB have just issued

At approx 19-05 hrs Friday 10 th July , i received calls from several buses which had become stuck in road works outside Asda Minworth Island towards Sutton, the diversion we were operating on started at 20-00 hrs and further up the road from Webster rd Island with Walmley Ash Rd,

I spoke to one driver stuck in the middle of the road works via his mobile phone and asked him to find one of the contractors on site so i could speak to them, to which he did, and the contractor state that the road work plan had changed stating that the location had changed and the times had come forward by an hour, i explained our position stating that we were on diversion from 20-00 hrs from Webster way onwards  and thats why there was buses there at this time.

The contractor said after they had done some hole filling in around the parked bus ,they would get him out of there and assist with getting the other buses out as well.

That is what bus companys and TfWM are up against when locations and times are just changed at whim
This exact same thing happened on Hob Moor Road a couple of months ago. The diversion was changed last minute (the 17 goes through Yardley Green Road and Newbridge Road to avoid the first section of Hob Moor Road). When the driver got up the roundabout, he was stopped by the contractors saying that that diversion had changed and the island was closed too, leaving the bus and the traffic behind it in limbo.

97 Branded Trident seen on the Washwood Heath Road this evening heading towards the City Centre. Was a 445X on the 14. Possibly 4457?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

DJ

WA11A on diversion down Hobs Road, missing out the Myvod. Seems like there's roadworks on Myvod Road as it's blocked off.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 25, 2020, 02:26:45 PM
WA11A on diversion down Hobs Road, missing out the Myvod. Seems like there's roadworks on Myvod Road as it's blocked off.
Gas works.
Closed as part of a seven week closure.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk