News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin on January 26, 2016, 07:21:49 AM
16s diverted between Hamstead Village and Wellington Road last night, all the way past my house and through Perry Barr

No warning about Hamstead Hill being closed, not even for the residents

Worthwhile extra post.... Apparently some drivers don't even know which way to go, me sister told me.she saw a 16 going down Dyas Avenue from the Walsall road down towards Hamstead
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

98, 99 and 126 were diverted today  -
continued down Ilington Row Middleway and Lea Bank Middleway until they got to the Bristol Road then  Bristol Street, Smallbrook Queensway, normal line of route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on January 30, 2016, 03:41:12 PM
98, 99 and 126 were diverted today -
continued down Ilington Row Middleway and Lea Bank Middleway until they got to the Bristol Road then  Bristol Street, Smallbrook Queensway, normal line of route.

Assuming this is because of increasingly bad traffic on Holloway Head again on a Saturday? It's becoming a bit of a shambles down there at times. Quite a few buses were on the same diversion a few weeks back.

Quote from: Mike K on January 30, 2016, 03:59:10 PM
Assuming this is because of increasingly bad traffic on Holloway Head again on a Saturday? It's becoming a bit of a shambles down there at times. Quite a few buses were on the same diversion a few weeks back.
Yes because of bad traffic on Holloway Head and Bath Row.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

AV4248

Quote from: 2206 on January 30, 2016, 03:41:12 PM
98, 99 and 126 were diverted today  -

The 80 I was on earlier was diverted the same way too.

Squiz1971

Just seen a 28 come along Bromford Drive and turn up Chipperfield Road to go back onto Coleshill Road about 10 mins ago not sure about any other routes (94,56,70) coming that way came as a shock as a 72 went town way a couple of mins earlier.

Unless the driver was very lost lol there must be problems on Coleshill Road from the Fox & Goose to the Hunters Moon as that is 1 big diversion to come that way around

John

Quote from: Squiz1971 on January 31, 2016, 06:43:29 PM
Just seen a 28 come along Bromford Drive and turn up Chipperfield Road to go back onto Coleshill Road about 10 mins ago not sure about any other routes (94,56,70) coming that way came as a shock as a 72 went town way a couple of mins earlier.

Unless the driver was very lost lol there must be problems on Coleshill Road from the Fox & Goose to the Hunters Moon as that is 1 big diversion to come that way around

There are overnight road closures, I think at Spitfire Island (around there anyway) this week. The 67 is also on Diversion. I think entering from Kingsbury Road and looping all around the estate before rejoining the route on Tangmere Drive. I can not remember the exact diversions that were posted last week, they are usually long diversions when the roads around the island are closed

It isn't the first time that the 28 has had to use Chipperfield Road for a planned diversion, but again another long diversion

Squiz1971

Quote from: John on January 31, 2016, 06:52:05 PM
There are overnight road closures, I think at Spitfire Island (around there anyway) this week. The 67 is also on Diversion. I think entering from Kingsbury Road and looping all around the estate before rejoining the route on Tangmere Drive. I can not remember the exact diversions that were posted last week, they are usually long diversions when the roads around the island are closed

It isn't the first time that the 28 has had to use Chipperfield Road for a planned diversion, but again another long diversion
Cheers @John I take it its the Bordesley Green destination going up & Great Barr going down??? As I didn't quite register the destination only the route number as I was at a funny angle to front of the bus

John

Quote from: Squiz1971 on January 31, 2016, 07:10:04 PM
Cheers @John I take it its the Bordesley Green destination going up & Great Barr going down??? As I didn't quite register the destination only the route number as I was at a funny angle to front of the bus

I would think so yes (Great Barr bound buses turns left into Chipperfield Road off Coleshill Road coming from Fox & Goose). But I'm not 100% certain

Tony

Quote from: John on January 31, 2016, 07:14:50 PM
I would think so yes (Great Barr bound buses turns left into Chipperfield Road off Coleshill Road coming from Fox & Goose). But I'm not 100% certain

They've had to be taken off Chipperfield Road, because of broken windows, general yobism

OH25

Portland Road is currently closed due to a police incident, so the 80 has continued up City Road to Bearwood and then followed the 82 down to Cape Hill where it turned left at the lights and continued it's normal route.

John

914s on diversions overnight for a few nights due to roadworks in Walmley Village. Turn left onto the Chester Road at the Bagot, up to The Yenton. Turn right onto the Birmingham Road, and down to Wylde Green Road back down to Walmley. Reverse for the other direction. Losing about 10 minutes a trip on this one. I was 20 odd minutes late getting back into garage

904s are using Webster Way/Thimble End Road. But there is also an unplanned closure of The Reddicap tonight so they are having to use the 914 route into Falcon Lodge, the radio call was just going out as I finished at 9.30 tonight

Quote from: Mike K on January 30, 2016, 03:59:10 PM
Got a ride on 2130 today on the 98 took 20 - 25 minnutes get from Five Way to the City Centre.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4609

WN25/8 and WA41 have been unable to serve Union St and Willenhall Town Centre (Temple Bar and Pinson Rx are impassable causing the 25 to divert) due to a building fire. I'm unsure on the diversion for 28/41's but 25's are (Towards Pendeford Business Prk) The Dale, Willenhall Rd, Right onto Neachells Lane, Right onto Watery Lane, Left onto Noose Lane then left onto Fibbersley onto NLR. Reverse going in the opposite direction.

Westy

Quote from: Nathan on February 06, 2016, 03:10:51 PM
WN25/8 and WA41 have been unable to serve Union St and Willenhall Town Centre (Temple Bar and Pinson Rx are impassable causing the 25 to divert) due to a building fire. I'm unsure on the diversion for 28/41's but 25's are (Towards Pendeford Business Prk) The Dale, Willenhall Rd, Right onto Neachells Lane, Right onto Watery Lane, Left onto Noose Lane then left onto Fibbersley onto NLR. Reverse going in the opposite direction.

Couldn't they have sent the 40/41 to Lion Hotel / Upper Lichfield Street(?) where the 326 stops near Morrisons?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk