News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Yourbus

Started by winston, February 17, 2013, 10:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

I believe they had purchased Tame Valley by then as I think they used some of their old Nationals for Delta. But it wasn't so much as what vehicles were used as the fact that someone from Trent followed several coming to Miller Street for maintainance work.
That sort of gave the game away.

andy

Quote from: Steveminor on April 05, 2013, 07:46:06 PM

The problem Rotala have is that everyone that was good at their job & actually gave a damn is now working @ Yourbus & rapidly growing that operation.

Naturally everybody is entitled to their opinion, but that is an extremely disrespectful statement for anybody who does work at Rotala now. Your opinions of how Rotala does business are one matter but there is no need to bring people's reputations into it.

winston

Quote from: Steveminor on April 05, 2013, 09:33:21 PM
I believe they had purchased Tame Valley by then as I think they used some of their old Nationals for Delta. But it wasn't so much as what vehicles were used as the fact that someone from Trent followed several coming to Miller Street for maintainance work.
That sort of gave the game away.

Busted aye...... ;D

Tony

Quote from: Winston on April 05, 2013, 09:14:12 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on April 05, 2013, 09:02:32 PM
Re: Wellglade v TWM, I think that having Smiths "Your Bus" Bham Coach, Serverse Travel, the upcoming Petes Travel plus a whole host of others to compete with, the last thing TWM needed was a much larger wealthier Group moving in. That's why they tried as much as they could to hide the ownership of Delta Dart. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was actually Delta Taxis Ltd a former Taxi business that TWM acquired.
As far as Diamond are concerned , if they carry on this way it's not just Arriva that could knock them out. Arriva probably would just target the tendered work, but a whole list of others could start to challenge them. Grs on the 16 & the 600 (till he realised it was a useless route & pulled off, Greenbus on the 50, can't see them going anywhere, Sandwell Travel "alledgaly" on the 56. Looking back Joes Travel pushed them off the 79 & Sunny Travel pushed them off the 120.
Dark days for what should be a strong operation.

Thanks Steve, no doubt had anything kicked off with Wellglade back then, Wellglade would have simply acquired one of the sizeable WM independents at the time, had Tames Valley been acquired by WMT back then? I think it was Delta Taxi, may be WMT shouldn't have sent DAF engined Nationals & Iveco/Doges minibuses from its reserve fleet to operate for Delta even though WMT were renting buses out to other operators at the time, it may have been less conspicuous if Delta acquired its own fleet from alternative sources

The Routeone article suggests Greenbus are considering upping the frequency of their 50, so that will no doubt put further pressure on the Diamond 50.

I don't think TWM ever acquired Delta taxis, just lent it a lot of buses at a very favourable rate

andy

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2013, 09:58:25 PM
Re: Wellglade v TWM, I think that having Smiths "Your Bus" Bham Coach, Serverse Travel, the upcoming Petes Travel plus a whole host of others to compete with, the last thing TWM needed was a much larger wealthier Group moving in. That's why they tried as much as they could to hide the ownership of Delta Dart. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was actually Delta Taxis Ltd a former Taxi business that TWM acquired.
As far as Diamond are concerned , if they carry on this way it's not just Arriva that could knock them out. Arriva probably would just target the tendered work, but a whole list of others could start to challenge them. Grs on the 16 & the 600 (till he realised it was a useless route & pulled off, Greenbus on the 50, can't see them going anywhere, Sandwell Travel "alledgaly" on the 56. Looking back Joes Travel pushed them off the 79 & Sunny Travel pushed them off the 120.

Thanks Steve, no doubt had anything kicked off with Wellglade back then, Wellglade would have simply acquired one of the sizeable WM independents at the time, had Tames Valley been acquired by WMT back then? I think it was Delta Taxi, may be WMT shouldn't have sent DAF engined Nationals & Iveco/Doges minibuses from its reserve fleet to operate for Delta even though WMT were renting buses out to other operators at the time, it may have been less conspicuous if Delta acquired its own fleet from alternative sources

The Routeone article suggests Greenbus are considering upping the frequency of their 50, so that will no doubt put further pressure on the Diamond 50.

I don't think TWM ever acquired Delta taxis, just lent it a lot of buses at a very favourable rate

Yes, and probably a few personnel too!!

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: andy on April 05, 2013, 09:42:31 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on April 05, 2013, 07:46:06 PM

The problem Rotala have is that everyone that was good at their job & actually gave a damn is now working @ Yourbus & rapidly growing that operation.

Naturally everybody is entitled to their opinion, but that is an extremely disrespectful statement for anybody who does work at Rotala now. Your opinions of how Rotala does business are one matter but there is no need to bring people's reputations into it.

Between August last year until this January & having to deal with one or two 'characters' @ Tividale, I wholeheartedly agree with Steve's statement!

mikestone

There were four yourbus DDs in the yard at Aston yesterday.

winston

Quote from: Tony on April 05, 2013, 09:58:25 PM

WMT TOE483N in Delta fleet livery
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59615439@N03/8245094380/in/photostream

winston

The 7 ex Yourbus Trident / Plaxton Presidents X---EGK are still down as moving to Wessex Connect, maybe they are just stopping at Long Acre en-route for a repaint? according to Yourbus fleet changes on Yourbus yahoo group

No mention of the Rotala 11 plate Levantes joining the Yourbus fleet, which will be surplus as of this Monday once DeCourcey take over the 210 & 777

Diamond Geezer

Quote from: tom_h on April 01, 2013, 11:53:36 PM
If you think logically it is likely that the vehicles are leased. The Streetlites appear to be at least, coming from Mistral (I know Mistral sell the Streetlite too).

They are not leased.

winston

Quote from: Diamond Geezer on April 17, 2013, 11:34:20 PM
Quote from: tom_h on April 01, 2013, 11:53:36 PM
If you think logically it is likely that the vehicles are leased. The Streetlites appear to be at least, coming from Mistral (I know Mistral sell the Streetlite too).

They are not leased.

Diamond Geezer,

How is the Yourbus Citylink service getting on in competition with TrentBarton's Red Arrow?

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Nottingham-Derby-bus-war-long/story-18586542-detail/story.html#axzz2Pz2R2A9x

PM

Yourbus selling the 03 and 53 reg mercs in this weeks route one-admittedly dual door but converted a few of these would be fantastic as a few more mercs for the rotala fleet would always be good

Ash

Would be brilliant for Rotala although I bet second hand ones would not come cheap and is there a service they would be useful for with regards to diamond.

PM

Quote from: Ash on April 18, 2013, 03:48:54 PM
Would be brilliant for Rotala although I bet second hand ones would not come cheap and is there a service they would be useful for with regards to diamond.

Could be put on any really I would have thought and with rotala's close link with yourbus. They could even go to preston and replace some solos or olympians there

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on April 18, 2013, 03:32:02 PM
Yourbus selling the 03 and 53 reg mercs in this weeks route one-admittedly dual door but converted a few of these would be fantastic as a few more mercs for the rotala fleet would always be good

They are all dual door, which is one of the reasons they are being sold. They have been replaced by the former Wessex 04 plate B7RLE's

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk