News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: Tony on December 20, 2013, 07:53:19 PM
Bulging Centro coffers - I don't think so.

You can purchase nBus on bus, in every shop that sells NX products, via Direct Debit, over the internet on almost every bus in the West Midlands - now suggest.

Centro Sales staff go to all the large employers and sell tickets via money taken monthly from wages the same as NX staff do

Now how would you prefer Centro spend money - on even more advertising, or actually supporting bus/train/tram services. I would prefer centro to run an extra 'Socially necessary service', whoever the operator, than wasting money on more advertising.

As for the price of nBus, it is not decided by Centro. It is decided by the 'nBus committee' or whatever its proper name is that includes representives of all the operators in the scheme.

I look at it in a different way. If the multi operator products were more widely used then more smaller and new operators would thrive and there wouldn't be as much need to support services as we would have true competition leading to operators having to be at the top of their game and innovate, operate into those areas to vreate markets. Currently there is no incentive to do either and we have stalemate.

I simply disagree that Centro are cashstrapped and know how to market and promote. It is one thing to offer the same facilities and outlets as NX but quite another to better them and try other methods, this is where Centro fall down. If they just offer the same, but at a higher price, it doesn't take much to work out what will happen.

The 'nBus commitee' you speak of is probably the basis of the problem. Let's face it, they can't even get all operators on board at the moment.

Tony

Quote from: andy on December 20, 2013, 08:18:23 PM

You can purchase nBus on bus, in every shop that sells NX products, via Direct Debit, over the internet on almost every bus in the West Midlands - now suggest.

Centro Sales staff go to all the large employers and sell tickets via money taken monthly from wages the same as NX staff do

Now how would you prefer Centro spend money - on even more advertising, or actually supporting bus/train/tram services. I would prefer centro to run an extra 'Socially necessary service', whoever the operator, than wasting money on more advertising.

As for the price of nBus, it is not decided by Centro. It is decided by the 'nBus committee' or whatever its proper name is that includes representives of all the operators in the scheme.

I look at it in a different way. If the multi operator products were more widely used then more smaller and new operators would thrive and there wouldn't be as much need to support services as we would have true competition leading to operators having to be at the top of their game and innovate, operate into those areas to vreate markets. Currently there is no incentive to do either and we have stalemate.

I simply disagree that Centro are cashstrapped and know how to market and promote. It is one thing to offer the same facilities and outlets as NX but quite another to better them and try other methods, this is where Centro fall down. If they just offer the same, but at a higher price, it doesn't take much to work out what will happen.

The 'nBus commitee' you speak of is probably the basis of the problem. Let's face it, they can't even get all operators on board at the moment.

Oh, and I forgot nBus day tickets are available from all 'Paypoint' locations of which there is one in nearly every block of shops in the West Midlands. NX tickets are not. so yes they do go further than NX with ticket sales.

I am not sure an increase in nBus sales would actually encourage more competition. For instance I would imagine the last thing any operator wants is a bus full of nBus day passengers, as they would soon be making a loss.

If for instance 43 nBus passengers turned up at Bradford Place and filled a Diamond 4 to West Bromwich, the revenue from them would nowhere near cover the cost of running the bus

Trident 4609

Can we stick to posts about Arriva Wednesfield in this thread please. The amount of times we get told off for going off on a tangent!

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on December 20, 2013, 08:29:33 PM
Quote from: andy on December 20, 2013, 08:18:23 PM

Oh, and I forgot nBus day tickets are available from all 'Paypoint' locations of which there is one in nearly every block of shops in the West Midlands. NX tickets are not. so yes they do go further than NX with ticket sales.

I am not sure an increase in nBus sales would actually encourage more competition. For instance I would imagine the last thing any operator wants is a bus full of nBus day passengers, as they would soon be making a loss.

If for instance 43 nBus passengers turned up at Bradford Place and filled a Diamond 4 to West Bromwich, the revenue from them would nowhere near cover the cost of running the bus
Are they also not avaliable at Payzone outlets also??
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Bob

Could we not start an nbus thread or something?

Bob

Time you retired S347 YOG? It cant accelerate without shaking violently back and forth making it feel like your on a rocking horse. It just accentuates your already poor image. ..

vinh1000

Quote from: bob on December 21, 2013, 12:29:44 PM
Time you retired S347 YOG? It cant accelerate without shaking violently back and forth making it feel like your on a rocking horse. It just accentuates your already poor image. ..
Was on S251 yesterday
Gear change was so slugish it was screaming on the 19
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Bob

John

Quote from: AMD on December 13, 2013, 06:59:04 PM
2228, 2234 and 2238 are all at Wednesfield currently.

Are these just on loan or transferred with new arrivals at Burton?

Trident 4609

Quote from: John on December 24, 2013, 03:31:26 PM

I have a feeling they are transfers. Have Burton had new buses so the ALX200's Wednesfield could transfer?

John

Quote from: Nathan on December 24, 2013, 04:04:46 PM
Quote from: John on December 24, 2013, 03:31:26 PM

I have a feeling they are transfers. Have Burton had new buses so the ALX200's Wednesfield could transfer?

Burton have had 6 VDL Pulsars new for the 9/29

Trident 4609

So 2228/34/8 could be transfers then :)

Bob

They should all be allocated to the 19. Still a bit too big for a lot of journeys but more than able to cope with anybusierpperiods!

andyallen4014

Just a quick question, can anyone supply me a list of Wednesfield buses that are fitted with seat belts?

Bob

On the 14.34 19 from wednesfield grand total of five passengers incl me the one going the other way wasnt any better,  about 8 all sat downstairs.  Would be interesting to know if arriva are actually making anything at all on the route.  I cant understand why they insist largely on deckers ehen theres so many routes elsewhere that would really benefit from them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk