News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Any ex midland buses going to get refurbished with arriva interiors?  Are those ex london X reg darts coming to wednesfield?

a220

Yes, they will be done (they need doing), but the current priority is on getting repaints through. 2125 is the only one to memory which has had both so far.

There are more refurbished Darts due, yes.

Bob

Are there any plans to start competing on high profile services?  Surely thatd be agood way to expand in the wm. Although nx will probably retaliate,  arriva have certainly felt the threat in cannock what with registering loss making services as commercial just to try and keep them out

a220

We need to focus on raising the standard of services we currently operate before expansion is considered.

Bob

Refurbished old Darts & Solos might not be the best thing though.  It just says 'midibus operator', but then again big buses would be and are wasted on some routes. The 19 would be great with enviros on it, nice and modern and plenty big enough.  In your opinion do you think deckers were a good or bad idea, yes they look smart but really theyre old and some sound awful.

a220

But refurbished Darts are decidedly more passenger-friendly and appealing than untreated ones. Yes, us bus enthusiasts would love to roll out new stock, but we need to improve in gradients.

The deckers were selected mainly as they are newly refurbished. They are thirstier than Enviros and the like, though I don't think age is particularly apparent.

Bob

They are still old Darts though. And still old deckers. How does that compare in say wolverhampton,  walsall and dudley with nx? Wolves and dudley have had injections of new b7rles etc and the spectras which are wolves worst ( apparently) buses are the same type of bus ( bodywork aside) and of similar age to what arriva are bringing in to modernise. Fair play to them if theyre trying but I cant see them taking on nxwm and getting anywhere other than just being the same as midland but aquamarine.  With the deckers on the 19 I meant that its nearly always almost empty. ...

a220

Service 19 is a new service which will require time to become established, and use of the extensively-refurbished double-deckers presented the strongest opportunity of providing an Arriva vehicle at the time, rather than a mix of everything else.

Bob

The 560 used to have more passengers on than the 19...

Bob

Extensively refurbished? 

888DUK

Are the ex Nottingham Tridents still at Wednesfield, haven't seen one for ages, unless they are being used on routes where my path doesn't cross them.

Tony

Quote from: 888DUK on August 05, 2013, 08:46:06 PM
Are the ex Nottingham Tridents still at Wednesfield, haven't seen one for ages, unless they are being used on routes where my path doesn't cross them.

At least one was on the 10 route on Thursday

a220

And both out on 10s today.

4804 may be out tomorrow also.

Bob

Went past a 19 in new invention fri afternoon almost empty,  I think transit minibuses might be the best vehicles fir the route, capacity wise, lol

John

Quote from: Tony on August 05, 2013, 08:55:30 PM
Quote from: 888DUK on August 05, 2013, 08:46:06 PM

At least one was on the 10 route on Thursday

Both were on there on Saturday as well

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk