News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D10

Quote from: Pat on January 22, 2021, 07:26:20 PM
The thing is though is that the faulty blind would have been picked up by a driver, who would have recorded the fault.  From then on, it is engineering's responsibility to ensure that the fault is rectified.  Possibly a lack of capacity in maintenance to do it straight away, which is why it's still out in service.

As I said originally, this has been like this for at least 2 days, surely there is another bus with working blinds that could have gone out on the 125. Or at the very least, could somebody not have knocked out a couple of 125 numbers from a printers to go on the windscreen and side window?

Pat

Quote from: D10 on January 22, 2021, 07:35:54 PM
As I said originally, this has been like this for at least 2 days, surely there is another bus with working blinds that could have gone out on the 125. Or at the very least, could somebody not have knocked out a couple of 125 numbers from a printers to go on the windscreen and side window?
It depends on what the vehicle situation is like, and whether there are any suitable spares to replace the vehicle.  A faulty destination display doesn't warrant the lost mileage if a replacement can't be found.

B61 ANDREW

I went past Kidderminster depot a few day back and it was nice to see how tidy the bus parking areas now were  !   A  much better impression of company standards , well done.

ellspurs

One of the Diamonds that has been operating on the 192 service both yesterday and today (either 20882 or 30051 I think?) has got a faulty front destination display. It isn't displaying anything except for some garbage on the left side of the display, and there are no paper replacement blinds in the front window from what I can see.

D10

Quote from: ellspurs on June 25, 2021, 05:12:21 PM
One of the Diamonds that has been operating on the 192 service both yesterday and today (either 20882 or 30051 I think?) has got a faulty front destination display. It isn't displaying anything except for some garbage on the left side of the display, and there are no paper replacement blinds in the front window from what I can see.

Sadly, quite typical of the Kidderminster allocation. As well as the Solo in question which I have seen for a couple of days running there is also one of the 125 branded Streetlites running around with no front destination blind at the moment.

StourportSam

Unfortunately 30814 caught fire today in Kidderminster. Passed me not too long ago being towed away afterwards.

MW

Quote from: StourportSam on August 13, 2021, 04:14:07 PM
Unfortunately 30814 caught fire today in Kidderminster. Passed me not too long ago being towed away afterwards.

It's sister vehicle (30815?) was very prone to overheating too.

On a side note, I've noticed a dashboard fault on various B7RLEs over the years. Seems to be common for the Speedo to basically stop working. When this happens, the 50mph maximum speed limit on these Volvos essentially stops working. **Apparently** these can reach up to 70mph (which has been verified by GPS tracking unrelated to vehicle dashboards) and that's when they tend to increase rapidly in temperature and subsequently overheat.

I'm not pointing any fingers at any specific operator.

Trident 4194

Looks like KR has 3 of tividales most luxurious streetlites on loan

DJ

Quote from: Trident 4194 on October 12, 2021, 11:32:42 PM
Looks like KR has 3 of tividales most luxurious streetlites on loan

I'm 99% sure they're transfers to replace the white StreetLites that have gone down south, as the 16 has had a slight PVR reduction with the reintroduction of the Hamstead shorts.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

bewdley5

Anyone know why the 192  is coming through  offmore instead of usual route

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: bewdley5 on November 27, 2021, 03:13:41 PM
Anyone know why the 192  is coming through  offmore instead of usual route
Would be diversion due to weather conditions i guess

D10

Well done to Diamond who are currently dropping editions of a current Kidderminster Bus Guide through postboxes.
 in the town. It's highly informative with a clear map, all timetables and local fare details.

A great initiative which will hopefully result in increased patronage and attract plenty of new users. V vastly different from many operators these days who say it's all on the Internet which is no good for getting new passengers on board.

DMCL

Quote from: D10 on May 24, 2022, 08:55:58 PMWell done to Diamond who are currently dropping editions of a current Kidderminster Bus Guide through postboxes.
 in the town. It's highly informative with a clear map, all timetables and local fare details.

A great initiative which will hopefully result in increased patronage and attract plenty of new users. V vastly different from many operators these days who say it's all on the Internet which is no good for getting new passengers on board.
A Redditch version came through our letter box today - an excellent publication - thank you Diamond.

karl724223

Quote from: DMCL on May 24, 2022, 10:10:22 PMA Redditch version came through our letter box today - an excellent publication - thank you Diamond.
will there be a Walsall Westy and sister version

Westy

Quote from: karl724223 on May 25, 2022, 08:56:23 PMwill there be a Walsall Westy and sister version
Hilarious!

Are you here all week?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk