News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva September 2015 changes

Started by the trainbasher, July 17, 2015, 03:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on July 29, 2015, 08:31:21 PM
Driver on Sat reckons its gonna be quite big changes to the network. she said shed heard that the 70 was going to runwolves to rugeley....cant see that hapoenin

...and renumbered X70 during the day.  Yep, that one is happening - will replace the 2 around Longford, the 31 to Rugeley and 23/26 Rugeley towns I believe in some shape or form.

Westy

Shame they cant recreate some of the old pre 1980 routes?

Why not a Walsall to Stafford or Walsall to Rugeley via Cannock & Hednesford?

Bob

why the hell call it X70? what on earth is remotely express about it?

Bob

i had a feeling the 2 in longford would be axed

covlad27

Quote from: Cheese on July 29, 2015, 08:53:31 PM
...and renumbered X70 during the day.  Yep, that one is happening - will replace the 2 around Longford, the 31 to Rugeley and 23/26 Rugeley towns I believe in some shape or form.

The 2 and 2a are being combined into one route and its nothing to do with the X70

Bob

the longford and shoal hill sections being combined? I still dont get the X in X70? whats express about it remotely? esp extended to rugeley!

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on July 30, 2015, 09:16:24 PM
the longford and shoal hill sections being combined? I still dont get the X in X70? whats express about it remotely? esp extended to rugeley!
Quote from: busman99 on July 30, 2015, 08:50:28 PM
The 2 and 2a are being combined into one route and its nothing to do with the X70

71 will be going around Longford though won't it?

Bob

71 isnt just a renumbered 68 then?

covlad27

The 71 will be run by wednesfield depot and will call at longford.  Shoal hill will be covered by i think route 21 so ive heard.

The X70 is a new route which will use wedges mill but will not use cheslyn hay but finishes at brereton

Bob

Where do they think the market is for all these routes to wolves??? 68, 70,X70, 71? It'll be overkill...The Cannock to Wolves section of the X70 sounds exactly like the old 872 route that ran up to late 90s. always quicker than the 870. Wonder which way the 71 will go. Hmmmm thisll be interesting, cant see them lasting, not to sound negative but to be fair almost all of their new route launches end up axed after a short period dont they?

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on August 01, 2015, 09:34:39 AM
Where do they think the market is for all these routes to wolves??? 68, 70,X70, 71? It'll be overkill...The Cannock to Wolves section of the X70 sounds exactly like the old 872 route that ran up to late 90s. always quicker than the 870. Wonder which way the 71 will go. Hmmmm thisll be interesting, cant see them lasting, not to sound negative but to be fair almost all of their new route launches end up axed after a short period dont they?

Still only be 3 per hour to Wolves like currently (not counting the X68 here), 2 X70s and one 71 (replacing the 68).

Bob

So theyre leaving the Chealyn Hay section to NX then??? The 68 doesnt travel through there and even with tje i54 the 154 would be quicker than a route that goes through longford wyrley quinton essington new invention and wednesfield!

Westy

So Wednesfield is getting some work out of this then?

Lets hope when the year's contract is up with i54, that NX does not pull out?

Dont suppose we know how Nx is doing on the 54 & 154, whether they might continue the routes after the initial year?

Bob

There were quite a few people on the 154 when i got it from cannock at 10.55 but nobody else got on between Cannick & oxley! still no timetables i  bridgetown cheslyn hay featherstone etc how are people supposed to use it withno info. seems half hearted & doomed to fail. The 54 has took off really well i believe though!

covlad27

Ive heard the 71 will do the full loop of cheslyn hay instaed of the X70

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk