News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Pete's Travel

Started by PM, April 15, 2013, 06:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steveminor

The decker were mainly used on the 37, 97 & the hawksleys 83 & 84. However they did sometimes stray onto other things so it may have been possible for one to go into 401/402

Cheese

Quote from: Steveminor on February 08, 2018, 02:29:32 PM
The decker were mainly used on the 37, 97 & the hawksleys 83 & 84. However they did sometimes stray onto other things so it may have been possible for one to go into 401/402

I recall a mate of mine having one of their Citybuses on the 321 or 322 Coventry circular, that used to drop anything as I think he had that Plaxton Viewmaster coach (or whatever the bodywork was!) on there as well.

Stu

Quote from: DJ98 on February 08, 2018, 09:14:55 AM
I remember seeing a yellow decker most mornings before school on St Marks Road, sometime around 8:30 AM-ish. Does anyone know if Pete's used a decker on any of the morning 401/2's, or would this have been something else?
We're going back a few years now (about 2001 to 2004 I think) when I used to work in Great Bridge, and I'd often get the 401 or 402 from West Bromwich, as the 74 (Merc-operated at the time) would usually be ram-packed.
I had a Busmaster pass at the time (what would now be the nBus pass) so I'd get whichever turned up first, NX or Petes Travel. While Petes usually had single-decks on the 401 and 402, there were a few occasions when a double-deck would turn up, which was always a nice surprise, as even the single-decks would rarely get full.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk