News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CL

Quote from: filbus1 on April 13, 2018, 09:50:11 AM
I am part of YWBC and I would pre-order if I was you, they are selling like hot cakes.
@filbus1 I was going to, but I wasn't sure how to go about constructing the email. Is it as simple as just writing the catalogue number of the model? I've never ordered online with YWBC before. Thanks. :)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

filbus1

Quote from: CL on April 13, 2018, 11:53:35 AM
@filbus1 I was going to, but I wasn't sure how to go about constructing the email. Is it as simple as just writing the catalogue number of the model? I've never ordered online with YWBC before. Thanks. :)
Just look at the contact details on the ywbc website. Not sure if I can post a link on here but google it.

CL

Quote from: filbus1 on April 13, 2018, 12:00:57 PM
Just look at the contact details on the ywbc website. Not sure if I can post a link on here but google it.
Alright, thanks! :)

Pete50492

Quote from: CL on April 13, 2018, 11:53:35 AM

I know filbus is part of YWBC and has given you the heads up, but for what it's worth I recently dealt with YWBC by mail order for the first time for the Go Ahead London MMC. I sent them an email when the models were first announced placing an order and received a prompt and friendly reply from Pete Turland, as soon as the models arrived in the UK mine was mailed out to me with invoice. I must say that the whole experience was a pleasant one and I can happily recommend them. I've been buying off them at rallies for ages but I'll definitely be pre-ordering off them again! (I have the NatEx model on order of course!!)

filbus1

Quote from: Pete50492 on April 15, 2018, 08:05:39 AM
I know filbus is part of YWBC and has given you the heads up, but for what it's worth I recently dealt with YWBC by mail order for the first time for the Go Ahead London MMC. I sent them an email when the models were first announced placing an order and received a prompt and friendly reply from Pete Turland, as soon as the models arrived in the UK mine was mailed out to me with invoice. I must say that the whole experience was a pleasant one and I can happily recommend them. I've been buying off them at rallies for ages but I'll definitely be pre-ordering off them again! (I have the NatEx model on order of course!!)
Thanks for that. Just to say YWBC have upped their allocation of models to one fifth of the total production (300) so hopefully there will be enough to go round.

CL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Corgi-Original-Omnibus-OM44109-OPTARE-SOLO-TRAVEL-WEST-MIDLANDS-COVENTRY/282939027549?hash=item41e07af05d:g:TlYAAOSw72Na4Csz

Code 3 Optare Solo in Travel Coventry livery!

The light blue looks a little off, but it could just be down to lighting. Also there's the fact that (to my knowledge), Coventry's Solos didn't carry the first generation low-floor livery, with the thicker "descending bands" (if you will). Other than that, the paint application looks immaculate.

Also appears to be displaying A1?

Saves me from having to make another post; found this youtube video on NMC UKBUS6502. I follow the same guy on Instagram (modelbuses62); he had confirmed that this was the one that had been shipped from Hong Kong (Network Shuttle/model 1, presumably).

Tony

The first production models of 6126 are now in the UK

BK63 YWP

@filbus1 When do you expect your first batch to arrive?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

filbus1

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on May 01, 2018, 09:27:32 PM
@filbus1 When do you expect your first batch to arrive?
During May, can't give an exact date until we get notified by the wholesaler.

Dylanbusboy45

Third Northcord MMC now released in Hong Kong and expected in UK in June; Stagecoach London UKBUS6503

http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/cmnl/index.html

Tony

I ordered the ones NX staff can buy cheap today. Should arrive next week, hopefully on sale the week after

CL

Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but...

Rapido Trains Inc. of North America have some BCT/WMPTE Guy Arabs in the making, and from the photos I've seen, they're really starting to take some shape. Here's a video from when they visited Wythall last July.

Photos of *disassembled* pre-production models have been featured in their latest online updates.
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-News-UK-Vol--16---The-Latest-and-Greatest.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=KyCNDa0Svm4

I'm really interested in them; at the moment, I'm tied between a deluxe model (which features interior lighting!) of MOF 62 on "11 Outer Circle", or JOJ 976 with "750 Wythall Transport Museum" on the blinds. Having seen their other products, my expectations are very high. The detailing of their HO Scale GM Bus is impeccable, to say the least. For an asking price of £49.95 (Deluxe), I think that's quite worthwhile.

filbus1

Quote from: CL on May 23, 2018, 11:23:34 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned on here, but...

Rapido Trains Inc. of North America have some BCT/WMPTE Guy Arabs in the making, and from the photos I've seen, they're really starting to take some shape. Here's a video from when they visited Wythall last July.

Photos of *disassembled* pre-production models have been featured in their latest online updates.
http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-News-UK-Vol--16---The-Latest-and-Greatest.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=KyCNDa0Svm4

I'm really interested in them; at the moment, I'm tied between a deluxe model (which features interior lighting!) of MOF 62 on "11 Outer Circle", or JOJ 976 with "750 Wythall Transport Museum" on the blinds. Having seen their other products, my expectations are very high. The detailing of their HO Scale GM Bus is impeccable, to say the least. For an asking price of £49.95 (Deluxe), I think that's quite worthwhile.
If you can make it to Wythall this coming bank holiday Monday Rapido will be there with some samples of the BCT standard and hopefully news of their next project.

CL

Quote from: filbus1 on May 24, 2018, 07:31:49 AM
If you can make it to Wythall this coming bank holiday Monday Rapido will be there with some samples of the BCT standard and hopefully news of their next project.
I hope I'll be able to! :)

BK63 YWP

Is there any news of the British release of 6502?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk