News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diecast Bus models

Started by Ash, March 17, 2013, 11:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: CL on January 07, 2020, 09:10:34 PM
Lovely to see other models in the scope for Northcord - other than the MMC.

Then again, two new National Express Group models lined up has given me something to look forward to! The Dundee model in particular has cleared up some of my suspicions.. (There's been a photo or two of the pre-production model on the careers site since it was updated - albeit missing the front glazing)

https://careers.nationalexpress.com/

In think those are Photoshop more than prototype, I am expecting the first pre production in a few weeks

DJ

Quote from: Tony on January 07, 2020, 10:04:50 PM
In think those are Photoshop more than prototype, I am expecting the first pre production in a few weeks

The Dundee and Kings Ferry ones are 100% Photoshops, just from having a quick look.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

BK63 YWP

Since Northcord are doing the E400 MMC model, I wonder if they will be starting to do the E400 City variant and E200 MMC?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Quote from: SL 16 YPN on February 03, 2020, 09:08:02 PM
Since Northcord are doing the E400 MMC model, I wonder if they will be starting to do the E400 City variant and E200 MMC?
@SL 16 YPN  Wonder no more! Talk about good timing ;)

Here's a press release from only a few hours ago..

Quote from: Concorde Hobby Shop on FacebookNORTHCORD MODEL COMPANY- PRESS RELEASE
May be published in full or in précis
Date: 4th February 2020
NEW CASTING
ukbus 6800 ADL Enviro400City on Trident 2 & BYD Chassis
Northcord Model Company is now pleased to announce that the company has successfully concluded its licensing negotiations with Alexander Dennis Limited (ADL) and has been authorised to model the Enviro400 "City" body based on both the Dennis Trident 2 chassis and the BYD chassis, the latter named as the Enviro400EV.
Northcord Model Company had developed the ADL Enviro400MMC models (ukbus 6500 series) since January 2018, and during the two years since then, more than 15,000 units of ukbus 6500 bus models have been produced. All ukbus 6500 series models have gained excellent success and reputation worldwide, and especially in both the Hong Kong and UK markets.
The first production model of the brand-new casting should be available in the United Kingdom by the end of the fourth quarter in 2020. As the Enviro400City is developed from the former Enviro400 series, Northcord Model Company will put the new products into a new sub-series categorised ukbus 6800 et seq, as a continuation from the current ukbus 6500 model range, and the ukbus 6000 range before that. The collectors will therefore recognise these models as the follow up version within the ADL Enviro400 double deck bus family.

The newly developed comprehensive casting will initially include the following versions of Britain's best-selling double-deck buses:
1. 10.8 metre 1 & 2 door BYD-chassised Enviro400 City
2. 10.9 metre 1 & 2 door Enviro400 City Trident 2-chassised to follow as a continuation of the previous Enviro400 MMC Licence Agreement.
Northcord Model Company will make an announcement in detail about planned liveries and model dimensions nearer to its launch date. The range will be expanded with the shorter versions of each type in due course.
NMC is currently engaged in researching and negotiating licensing with Scania for the possibility of utilising the Trident 2 Enviro400City body as the basis for a Scania N280UD derivation that will, of course, be listed within the ukbus00xx range due to the different wheelbase and front and rear overhang dimensions compared to the Trident 2 variant. Whilst the metal parts of the body will be those of the Trident 2, the glazing will be to the discrete design as applied to the Scania. These buses are being taken by a number of high-profile fleets such as Nottingham, in its variety of route branding colours, and various First fleets, and production of all NMC models is subject to end user agreement, of course.
NB : As a footnote to the previously advised plans and dates for 2020 model releases, NMC wishes to advise retailers and collectors that, due to some severe travel restrictions to and within Mainland China in order to attempt to slow down the spread of the Coronavirus, the factory will not resume manufacture for at least a further week following the traditional LNY holiday period. This will have a knock-on effect by delaying when the models will be released following production.
Northcord Model Company (NMC)
------The World's Miniature Bus Co.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

BK63 YWP

Quote from: CL on February 04, 2020, 11:11:58 AM
@SL 16 YPN  Wonder no more! Talk about good timing ;)

Here's a press release from only a few hours ago..

😂 well hope they do the NX Electrics one 😀
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Following its announcement nearly 1½ years ago; the Rapido Trains' Fleetline still in the works! (CAD image is quite a scroll down)

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Rapido-News-124---New-Steam-Heaters--Buses--Videos-and-a-SALE-.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=thmHTnwYksI

Design completed & now in for tooling. Full announcement expected in the summer! Worth mentioning that the link above is almost a month old; so not too long a wait, hopefully!  ;D

Gareth

I just hope there's not too many second hand operator liveries to begin with. I'd love for all WMPTE, WMT, grey, red stripe.

I'd imagine the initial release will just see WMPTE and WMT blue and cream variations.

filbus1

Quote from: Gareth on May 19, 2020, 11:25:44 PM
I just hope there's not too many second hand operator liveries to begin with. I'd love for all WMPTE, WMT, grey, red stripe.

I'd imagine the initial release will just see WMPTE and WMT blue and cream variations.
Hopefully they won't release too many at one go as they did with the Guy and spread the releases over a period of time or else many people will be bankrupt trying to buy them all before they disappear.

CL

Tony

Photos of the first pre-production model of 6695
http://wmbusphotos.com/models/6695.html

Comments welcome
(already know about tree deflector and wrong colour headlight surrounds)

WM_58

Does anyone know what happened to http://wmbusphotos.com/models/nxwm4780.html

I see that very few pre production models are out there but why didn't this go into production?

Roy

Rapido has announced some of the fleet numbers/routes and liveries of their Fleetlines due in 2021.
https://rapidotrains.co.uk/fleetline/

It has also announced a new batch of Birmingham Standards for 2021 with new fleet numbers and routes.
https://rapidotrains.co.uk/birmingham-guy-arab-iv-bus/

Gareth

They are fantastic! Love them all. A shame there's no proper WH example, but I'll settle for the excellent looking 7000!

paulb1973

Quote from: Gareth on December 01, 2020, 04:19:04 PM
They are fantastic! Love them all. A shame there's no proper WH example, but I'll settle for the excellent looking 7000!

I'm not much of an expert on bus models - but modelling the standard PTE Fleetline must be quite tricky, with its curves and angles.

DavieDD2

Hi @Tony, just wondering if there's any update on an ETA for the Xplore Emerald E400MMC, it must be due about now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk