News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

General Metro Thread

Started by John, April 06, 2015, 02:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginger66

When does work on the junction of lower bull st/coporation st start as needs to start before trams arrive on Broad St

Stu

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 18, 2018, 03:02:25 PM
When does work on the junction of lower bull st/coporation st start as needs to start before trams arrive on Broad St

That will probably be done much later when the Eastside extension gets underway, works start at Paradise Circus from Monday 3rd September until next year for the Edgbaston (Westside) extension.
https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/campaigns/major-roadworks-and-events/paradise-circus-closure/

I don't think the Eastside extension has been finalised just yet:
http://metroalliance.co.uk/projects/birmingham-eastside-extension/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tony

Quote from: Ginger66 on August 18, 2018, 03:02:25 PM

Why does it need to start before Broad Street?

RW

Quote from: Tony on September 13, 2018, 08:23:11 PM
Why does it need to start before Broad Street?
Maybe he's thinking there won't be any route availability to Broad St when work on the Corporation St/Lower Bull St turnout starts. Might have a point unless MMA have a cunning contingency plan on the table. Single line running at that point perhaps?

Ginger66

Quote from: RW on September 15, 2018, 08:52:59 AM
Maybe he's thinking there won't be any route availability to Broad St when work on the Corporation St/Lower Bull St turnout starts. Might have a point unless MMA have a cunning contingency plan on the table. Single line running at that point perhaps?

I would be catching trams from edgbaston to west bromwich

WMT3000

Am on the train to Tame Bridge via Soho from New St and have just caught my first glimpse of a tram running on battery power. As we crossed the metro line, tram 31 was pulling into Winson Green with its pantograph down. Don't know whether this is part of testing or whether it will become a regular occurrence.

Solo1

Read a post that said that battery trams run between 2 stations
with the pantograph down

Stevo

I think they run on battery power between Handsworth Booth Street and Soho Benson Road.

WMT3000

Cheers @Solo1 & @Stevo. Obviously it was between Handsworth and Soho so that would explain it. I wasn't aware previously but it's good to know the batteries are working!

Solo1

There is another tram been changed into blue anyone know
the id of the tram

uniquicity

Tram 21 now has battery power but still in the old livery.

DJ

I had a crack at updating an old, outdated route map/track diagram to show the current route, it could be of use to someone here. I'll try and keep it up to date when extensions are opened.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

CL

Essential engineering works on the Metro tomorrow between 8am to 1pm (approximately)

Replacement buses will be used; does anybody know which garage they'll be from. Though I suppose I could wait and see for myself, tomorrow.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: CL on January 12, 2019, 10:58:30 PM
Essential engineering works on the Metro tomorrow between 8am to 1pm (approximately)

Replacement buses will be used; does anybody know which garage they'll be from. Though I suppose I could wait and see for myself, tomorrow.
We'll maybe BC or WB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk