News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j789

The 44 will be rerouted near Barnards Green up Barnards Green Road to Great Malvern, to avoid Avenue road where overhanging trees are a problem for deckers. The 44c will continue to serve Avenue Road in both directions so that variant will not see deckers on it. There is also meant to be a new route around Belmont to serve a new estate so the terminus will be adjusted.

As with any company, route branded buses invariably end up on different routes despite the best laid plans so I am sure one would make it to Birmingham at some point. Same as I am sure the current Tridents will be put on the 44 route as well. From a distance the new livery doesn't look too dissimilar to NXWM so hopefully NXWM wont be buying StreetDecks for the Bristol road corridor!!! Is bad enough having 33404 on a Brum, being all red, and people thinking it is a 63!

barry619

For the poster who wanted to know, the January PVR at Worcester according to First's planned fleetlist will be 72 from an allocation of 80.

DD12

Quote from: barry619 on September 15, 2015, 07:22:22 PM
For the poster who wanted to know, the January PVR at Worcester according to First's planned fleetlist will be 72 from an allocation of 80.

THANKS  Barry !

47609FireFly

The ex Jersey, Caetano bodied, Darts (43869 - 43874) are on the move to the south west today.

Cedric

what's  Worcester left with  now
diamond 8\10/125/292

Dutsey

Surely the new Streetdecks would be put to better use on the 144 to Birmingham?

Solo1

Why are the street decks going on 44 are they that busy  & when will they all be in service

Dylanbusboy45

That's what I though too, wouldn't the Streetdecks be better on the 144. You always see ALX400s and Presidents on there so there must be a need for double deckers on there.

DD12

The 44 does need 'deckers on lots of the London Road workings and some of the Malvern workings.
I have been made uncomfortable just SEEING overloaded enviro 300s since the new September timetables, with customers having to stand for ages on the buses which are often stuck in the ever-worsening traffic.

I think the 144 is also long overdue for some new ones, to improve reliability, and improve the customer's experience  -
-  after-all, Brum is England's "second city" !

Dylanbusboy45

Maybe if we are lucky next year some new deckers may come for the 144.

Cedric

diamond 8\10/125/292

DD12

The midlandred.net fleetlist via link above is "bang up to date" -
the only other buses at the depot (that I've seen) are 53060, 63 (ex Hereford) which have had work done on them, and are now parked alongside the fence.
My GUESS is they will move to Potteries.

Trident 4194

When are street decks likely to enter service?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 26, 2015, 06:19:16 PM
When are street decks likely to enter service?

Apparently they won't be ready for a couple of weeks

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk