News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala win sweep up tenders for Sandwell.

Started by hartshill busman 724210, September 25, 2012, 05:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartshill busman 724210

winston

Quote from: hartshill busman on September 25, 2012, 05:07:16 PM
Won with a Package deal.

Any idea which routes that includes? Surprised that they went down that route given what happened with Arriva's recent attempt at bidding for a package of routes 

Tomjusttom

If I had a list of personal nightmare scenarios, this would be #1 on the list. One is a bunch of muppets who can't do anything right, and the other is a bunch of muppets who can't do anything right unless someone else does it for them (and even then they try hard to negate that help)...Anything but that.

Please! :-)

N.B.: Apologies in advance to Kermit and friends if they are offended by my use of the term "muppets".

andy

With respect, this was the rumour that started last time re Arriva, and they ended up with nothing.

Ash

At the moment prior to the sandwell review diamond already operate the 419,478 and 644 out of West Bromwich

hartshill busman 724210

Arriva Did win everything until the package unfolded.Short of something similar happening .........................

PM

Well done rotala-anyone got a link yet or is this insider information that isnt official yet?? They can utilise some of the buses that have come off other routes recently then

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on September 25, 2012, 07:00:30 PM
Well done rotala-anyone got a link yet or is this insider information that isnt official yet?? They can utilise some of the buses that have come off other routes recently then

I would have thought if it is evening tenders it has won the buses will come off the 401/2/404E and 410 service like they do at the moment be interesting to see what diamond will do with it's current 402 service wonder if it will be extended to Dudley.

PM

It will be interesting to see what rotala do with their current sandwell buses full stop-will they follow nxwm's lead in extending routes etc or surrender. Probably the former.....

Ash

Quote from: Peter123 on September 25, 2012, 07:13:00 PM
It will be interesting to see what rotala do with their current sandwell buses full stop-will they follow nxwm's lead in extending routes etc or surrender. Probably the former.....

Yeah i think it will be interesting with the 404 and 417 service im guessing they will operate a 4E service Walsall to West Bromwich but then will they operate a 4H service extending certain journeys from West Brom to Halesowen or operate a total seperate service which would be the same as the exsiting 417 and renumber it the 17 for example.

sonic84

It would be a shame for the 417 to not last in some form.

Tony

Quote from: sonic84 on September 26, 2012, 08:34:48 PM

I believe Rotala are finishing the 417 and running 4M instead

sonic84

Thanks for that Tony.  I wonder whether another operator will step in to cover the Halesowen - Hayley Green section of the 417

winston

Quote from: Tony on September 26, 2012, 08:52:41 PM
Quote from: sonic84 on September 26, 2012, 08:34:48 PM

I believe Rotala are finishing the 417 and running 4M instead

So are NXWM not running the 4M?, or will they be in competition with one another

John

Quote from: Winston on September 26, 2012, 09:57:42 PM
So are NXWM not running the 4M?, or will they be in competition with one another

Yes they are as well as Diamond.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk