News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

When the line is electrified are they still going to run the walsall to Birmingham stopping services separately and continue the Chase line as semi fast?

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mikestone

Quote from: Bob on December 27, 2016, 02:03:52 PM
When the line is electrified are they still going to run the walsall to Birmingham stopping services separately and continue the Chase line as semi fast?
no one knows and will not know until the winners of the new franchise are announced

Bob

I'd hope so. Ball ache if it didn't

the trainbasher

In my opinion the current Tame Bridge/Walsall fast service should be made all stations when the Electric Chase service comes on stream and spread out to a 15 minute service between Walsall and City, Alternate services being up the Chase Line.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 30, 2016, 08:11:32 PM
In my opinion the current Tame Bridge/Walsall fast service should be made all stations when the Electric Chase service comes on stream and spread out to a 15 minute service between Walsall and City, Alternate services being up the Chase Line.

definitely not.

Bob

And why would that be a good idea??????

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 30, 2016, 08:11:32 PM

Tbf I think an ideal world would be that plus a half hourly semi fast service to Stafford
In other words:
Half hourly all stops Walsall
Half hourly all stops Hednesford
Half hourly new street - Tame Bridge - Walsall - Cannock then all stops to Stafford

But of course that's never going to happen
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Quote from: Kevin on December 31, 2016, 07:59:08 AM
Tbf I think an ideal world would be that plus a half hourly semi fast service to Stafford
In other words:
Half hourly all stops Walsall
Half hourly all stops Hednesford
Half hourly new street - Tame Bridge - Walsall - Cannock then all stops to Stafford

But of course that's never going to happen

I thought the plan was to eventually run services to Liverpool?

Tony

Quote from: Westy on December 31, 2016, 07:14:32 PM
I thought the plan was to eventually run services to Liverpool?

That can't happen until they extend the platforms. The class 350's do not fit on the platforms and do not have selective door opening, so cannot stop at any stations other than Walsall, Hednesford (to Birmingham only) and Rugeley Trent Valley

T840MAK

Quote from: Tony on December 31, 2016, 07:31:49 PM
That can't happen until they extend the platforms. The class 350's do not fit on the platforms and do not have selective door opening, so cannot stop at any stations other than Walsall, Hednesford (to Birmingham only) and Rugeley Trent Valley

I'm assuming you mean north of Walsall at least, as there are numerous 350 workings booked on Walsall stopping services.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Tony

Quote from: T840MAK on December 31, 2016, 11:45:37 PM
I'm assuming you mean north of Walsall at least, as there are numerous 350 workings booked on Walsall stopping services.

Of course. Bescot Stadium is the borderline one. It can take a 4car 350, but not a 4car 170

mikestone

Can anyone confirm 230001 went back to Tyseley - wnxx has been amended, suggesting it didn't and there was nothing in RTT.

Tony

230 001 went under its own power to Coventry Yard, not Tyseley. It's still there today

BusFan94

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on December 22, 2016, 02:33:54 PM
Depends what day you are travelling, weekdays there is a 00:21 or a 01:24 from Birmingham International direct to Wolverhampton, Saturdays its 00:21 or 01:29. Always worth checking though as at that time of the day there could always be engineering work going on. If you are arriving on a Sunday morning, you may have to look for alternative transport.
Just found it will be on a Saturday in June from Air Canada flight also does the Airline train run

Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk