News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: T840MAK on December 22, 2016, 04:17:36 PM
Shall we take any extra carriages that every other TOC "doesn't need" and send them to LM for the Chase Line and make it the top priority for train crews so he stops the moaning?  ::)

Don't even think he would be satisfied then, the seats on the 170s are a lot comfier than 172s though

Bob

Should never have took the sprinters off. Even on a 2 car far more seats

T840MAK

Quote from: Bob on December 22, 2016, 06:06:32 PM
Should never have took the sprinters off. Even on a 2 car far more seats

I'd rather have a 170. Better acceleration, better top speed, more comfortable...
The ex-LM 150s at Northern are absolutely awful, the seats are too close together even for a relative short arse like me, they're cramped, dirty and look about as old as they are.
Give me a 170 any day.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Bob

Take it you'd rather stand on a sweaty boiling packed 170 then? Where you can't even open a window to breathe

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 22, 2016, 10:20:42 PM
Take it you'd rather stand on a sweaty boiling packed 170 then? Where you can't even open a window to breathe

The 170s are good trains, the best post privatisation units for what they were built for.You are using rose tinted glasses thinking twos are better with more seats,  just you can't actually get into them.

As for your linking for Nationalisation remember that during the BR era services in the West Midlands were reduced to hourly service to Walsall, hourly to Lichfield/30 min to Four Oaks. Hourly to Kidderminster. 4 trains a day on the cross city south. Stratford Line threatened with complete closure

Bob

Second time this week the 800 train from Landywood is cancelled.  You know the 4 car busiest one! Late for work . AGAIN! To add insult to injury the 830 one will probably be late as well. Service is a joke

Tony

Quote from: Bob on December 23, 2016, 07:18:38 AM
Second time this week the 800 train from Landywood is cancelled.  You know the 4 car busiest one! Late for work . AGAIN! To add insult to injury the 830 one will probably be late as well. Service is a joke

Strange 0800 train is shown as leaving Landywood at 0812

Bob

It didn't run Tony. Check train line.  Cancelled due to a train fault according to signs at Hednesford.  But according to London Midland it ran express from Trent Valley only stopping at Walsall and omitting Tame Bridge.  Cause people at Walsall with their half hourly service ? It ran past us at Hednesford at 8.07. The 8.23 is 15 mins late and a  2 car joke.  I'm now going to have to work late and cancel my plans. The 19.22 was cancelled last night also so I had to wait another hour to get home.

Bob

Cause people at Walsall need it more with their half hourly service that should read

Trident 4194

Quote from: Bob on December 23, 2016, 08:45:46 AM
It didn't run Tony. Check train line.  Cancelled due to a train fault according to signs at Hednesford.  But according to London Midland it ran express from Trent Valley only stopping at Walsall and omitting Tame Bridge.  Cause people at Walsall with their half hourly service ? It ran past us at Hednesford at 8.07. The 8.23 is 15 mins late and a  2 car joke.  I'm now going to have to work late and cancel my plans. The 19.22 was cancelled last night also so I had to wait another hour to get home.

Yes but that is not a 170s fault, if all trains ran then they wouldn't be so busy

Bob

Did I say it was? But what is LUDICROUS is the decision to run private past from Rugeley to Walsall.  And past loads of work commuters.  Why not pick up at at least Hednesford and Cannock and omit Walsall which already has a service?

T840MAK

Quote from: Bob on December 23, 2016, 08:45:46 AM

In fairness, the train did run, however looking at the reporting pattern, it called only at Rugeley Town, Hednesford, Walsall, Tame Bridge P'way - this can be shown by the lack of departure reports and the time that the service has made up.
Trains run fast all the time, it's to reduce the impact to it's future diagram, get over it. Claim compensation from the TOC if you're so bothered.
You're forever acting like you have the worst train service. You don't.
At least your once a week train didn't get cancelled this morning.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

Bob

It did NOT call at Hednesford.  And you should be able to rely on it to get to work. For a 930 start you can't even rely on the 830. Took 4 mins short of an hour to get there today too. That's not including the late departure!

Bob

Incidentally it didn't call at Rugeley town or tame bridge either you don't know what your talking about

Bob

How many other midlands routes are so crap they get a midlands today report based on them?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk