News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy

Quote from: Bob on December 31, 2014, 09:38:37 PM
So Iit fails at walsall and doesnt even make it out to rugeley and back yet they leave the "on time" til a couple of minutes before its due out the opposite direction at cannock?  Appalling.  If the bus hadnt finished so early I wouldn't even be bothering with the train

That info was available on both the NR and LM apps at 2002.  There have been serious issues at many stations all week with the CIS displays for all operators, not just LM.

Ossie

Some sort of major disruption on the Cross City line this morning (02/01/15). Signalling problems at New Street; I don't know anything more than that. 

NXWM accepting rail tickets on a whole raft of routes, and not just the Sutton corridor.  The message I overheard on the radio of my Sutton-bound 71 included 11A and 11C as well .....

About 40 folk waiting to board the City-bound 904 I was on at the Yenton.  They'd been advised to vacate their 323 at Chester Road, being told there would be at least a 30 minute delay, and the bus would be quicker.  More than a few had little idea where the bus was going to terminate in the City centre ....  ;D

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ossie on January 02, 2015, 01:38:36 PM
Some sort of major disruption on the Cross City line this morning (02/01/15). Signalling problems at New Street; I don't know anything more than that. 

NXWM accepting rail tickets on a whole raft of routes, and not just the Sutton corridor.  The message I overheard on the radio of my Sutton-bound 71 included 11A and 11C as well .....

About 40 folk waiting to board the City-bound 904 I was on at the Yenton.  They'd been advised to vacate their 323 at Chester Road, being told there would be at least a 30 minute delay, and the bus would be quicker.  More than a few had little idea where the bus was going to terminate in the City centre ....  ;D

According to Network West Midlands website,

"Following earlier signalling problems at Birmingham New Street all lines are starting to return to normal service.

As services return to normal the whole local rail network may be continue to be delayed or revised. London Midland hope to have full services back by 15:00. "
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 02, 2015, 02:10:59 PM
Quote from: Ossie on January 02, 2015, 01:38:36 PM

According to Network West Midlands website,

"Following earlier signalling problems at Birmingham New Street all lines are starting to return to normal service.

As services return to normal the whole local rail network may be continue to be delayed or revised. London Midland hope to have full services back by 15:00. "

It looked pretty normal at 11:30

JoNi

A Train Manager on a Virgin Train commented to me this morning there had been signal problems for a couple of days following work undertaken over Christmas.

the trainbasher

Quote from: JoNi on January 02, 2015, 07:28:16 PM
A Train Manager on a Virgin Train commented to me this morning there had been signal problems for a couple of days following work undertaken over Christmas.

My VT ran 20L on arrival at New Street earlier...meaning I missed my connection at Snow Hill. Delay repay it is then as I arrived at the final destination 30L based on what HT sold me.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

domino.99

Just been on a class 170 back from bescot stadium, 4 carriages to BNS then two to Wolverhampton really nice ride despite the first part being rammed, and me almost having a panic attack I'd it wasn't for a very friendly crew member and like officer I probably would of.

Bob

I caught the 1842 from brum and something was going on when the train pulled in loads of police officers come to the last carriage an the doors were kept shut for ages before people could get off/board

domino.99

Quote from: Bob on January 03, 2015, 06:59:35 PM
I caught the 1842 from brum and something was going on when the train pulled in loads of police officers come to the last carriage an the doors were kept shut for ages before people could get off/board

Yeah that was the one I was on, it had all the walsall and coventry fans on so a lot of cops were needed.

Sh4318

Who would've thought, the first time my ticket has been checked this year on board a train it would be on a class 323 on the Wolverhampton - Birmingham New St stopper. New Year's Resolution maybe ???
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

domino.99

Quote from: Sh4318 on January 04, 2015, 06:14:09 PM
Who would've thought, the first time my ticket has been checked this year on board a train it would be on a class 323 on the Wolverhampton - Birmingham New St stopper. New Year's Resolution maybe ???

I went to Bescot from coseley and back on Saturday and I didn't get checked, in consistant.

Sh4318

Quote from: NXDom on January 04, 2015, 06:57:33 PM
Quote from: Sh4318 on January 04, 2015, 06:14:09 PM

I went to Bescot from coseley and back on Saturday and I didn't get checked, in consistant.

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been checked on this line in my lifetime

domino.99

Just to ask,I thought the wolves to Walsall line was getting 350's?

Kevin

Quote from: NXDom on January 09, 2015, 10:47:05 PM

Yes it has. Monday - Friday daytime.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

Quote from: NXDom on January 09, 2015, 10:47:05 PM

It has, from December 14th, 3 class 350s have moved onto the Wolves - Walsall, to cascade 3 class 323s onto the Cross City Line. Class 323s still make up the daily allocation, this may help:
http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=2461.msg123167#msg123167

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk