News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Westy on August 17, 2021, 06:59:28 PM
Well, they're obviously not concerned about losing passengers potentially.

They have put a service through my Estate for the first time for many years, brilliant you might think, but there's no bus stops, no info, If you go on their website it mentions that it goes along Hemlock Way and Sidon Hill Way, but doesn't say it is hail & ride on that part, so I have no idea how they expect anyone to catch it. I only know about it because when I come out the house in the morning to walk to the station I see an empty solo going past me

Link to timetable

Bob

Quote from: Westy on August 17, 2021, 06:59:28 PM
Well, they're obviously not concerned about losing passengers potentially.

Every time ive seen the 74 its either leaving empty or with a max of about  3 people on, at various times. Not seen the 1 busy either. Left cannock passengerless earlier

Steveminor

@Tony nx are also guilty of not mentioning hail & ride sections on their timetables

@Westy bus companies are free to set up their own diversionary routes & do not have to follow each other.
Claribels and nx often differ when setting diversions on the 94 & invariably one operator finds a better way than the other & then the diversions end up the same.

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on August 17, 2021, 07:24:28 PM
@Tony nx are also guilty of not mentioning hail & ride sections on their timetables

But they do mention them when they launch a new service. I guarantee you no-one on our estate knows this service runs, Even my wife said to me she had seen a bus on Sidon Hill Way but had no idea what it was doing there.

There has been no mention of the new service on their website, which costs nothing, in fact their website doesn't have any sort of 'news' section

Steveminor

@Tony the 96 changes along Hurlingham & Danesbury really need to identify they are hail & ride as unless you were a 604 passenger youd never know & the 96 needs to attract more than the 604 has ever carried along that stretch of road

Quote from: Steveminor on August 17, 2021, 07:36:02 PM
@Tony the 96 changes along Hurlingham & Danesbury really need to identify they are hail & ride as unless you were a 604 passenger youd never know & the 96 needs to attract more than the 604 has ever carried along that stretch of road
I was wondering after Bucklands End will the next stop be M6 island towards Erdington?
Its some distance isn't it.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 17, 2021, 07:40:47 PM
Also after Bucklands End will the next stop be M6 island?

There's still bus stops where the Clock Garage used to be.

EDIT: moved to the correct thread.

Quote from: ellspurs on August 17, 2021, 07:41:55 PM
There's still bus stops where the Clock Garage used to be.
Not on the 96 route towards Erdington no. From Bucklands End it goes left out of Heathland Avenue so next stop is the M6 Island.
The 56 used to go up Heathland Ave as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Westy

Quote from: Steveminor on August 17, 2021, 07:24:28 PM

@Westy bus companies are free to set up their own diversionary routes & do not have to follow each other.
Claribels and nx often differ when setting diversions on the 94 & invariably one operator finds a better way than the other & then the diversions end up the same.

Out of curiosity, have the 2 of you, Tony especially, seen how TfWM have listed the Bloxwich Road diversion on their disruptions page ?

Some of it doesn't seem to match what it actually does in reality & they've mixed up the 1 & 74 anyway.

I'm sure a few long time Nx Walsall drivers with long memories certainly wouldn't agree with sending a bus down Beddows Road & expect it to come out unscathed!

(I suspect the Wolves 11 has the same problem occasionally, from what I read on Twitter!)

IMarkeh

In a few months time, they will drop it due to no one using it. It's a common D&G thing to do. Look at their many various routes in Wilmslow. Don't promote then cut it after little usage. Braindead management who think that they will set up a service and it instantly gets passengers without any ads.

Solo1

Some timetables changes from September 1st wonder what they are  as nothing on the website

Westy

Quote from: Solo1 on August 25, 2021, 07:53:37 PM
Some timetables changes from September 1 wonder what they are  as nothing on the website

Be surprised if the 1 wasn't affected.

As I've said before, that first journey south to Walsall,  I can be the only passenger they pick up some mornings!

Trident 4194

Quote from: Westy on August 25, 2021, 09:27:14 PM

As I've said before, that first journey south to Walsall,  I can be the only passenger they pick up some mornings!

The lovely SPD dart I saw leave Walsall on the 1 at lunchtime was empty leaving Walsall bus station

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on August 25, 2021, 09:27:14 PM

Just a couple of school services removed, nothing else. No changes to the 1.

ellspurs

Hey, I passed an X14 on the A5 by Weston last Friday around 11am. It was Telford bound. There seemed to be at least 5 people on there.

The front matrix did look a bit weird though, a squashed Shifnal to the left, a large gap before the Telford bit, and then the number on the far right.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk