News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: ellspurs on May 26, 2021, 06:44:08 PM
You need to look at the routes down the bottom and click on them. Clicking on the 1 drops the box down which shows "New service commencing on 21st June operating direct along the A34 between Cannock and Walsall."

Did the 1 run direct before? Or is this taking advantage of NXWM covering areas they've withdrawn from?

That doesn't display properly on my phone.

Will have to look via my laptop later!

So 'direct ' via the A34 then, will that mean via Stafford Road (negating Eddie Hughes' efforts in getting service 25 extended from Bloxwich up there!), High Street, Somerfield Road (for yours truly!), then surprisingly Green Lane, which has little to no housing, which I thought was the reason for the original rerouting via Leamore shops in the first place!

Still think rerouting via Leamore Lane, Beechdale & Reedswood Sainsburys should have been considered personally!

ellspurs

2 has been replaced by changes to 70/71 and new 74

All the timetables have the routes on there (one thing that I definitely miss from the NX timetables).

Westy

BusMan Greg

Another thing to note is the 827's extension to the Wildwood estate! If I remember correctly, Arriva withdrawn the service to Wildwood when Stafford depot closed back in 2016! I assume it wasn't making much money. The last service to serve the area was Select's 73 which was tendered I think!

Westy

Just noticed that Service 1 only operates Monday to Friday.

Is that right?

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on May 26, 2021, 10:15:12 PM
Just noticed that Service 1 only operates Monday to Friday.

Is that right?

Yes

the trainbasher

Notice how there will be 2 74s in Walsall now

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 27, 2021, 09:19:01 AM
Notice how there will be 2 74s in Walsall now

Ones 74A...
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

CL

Quote from: BK63 YWP on May 27, 2021, 09:40:00 AM
Ones 74A...
The 74A is the Dudley - West Bromwich service; the Walsall - Gillity Village is numbered 74
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

WilliamLeylandNational

Smart move on the 1 potentially - X51 stuck round the houses and less 'X' than the 1

metrocity

Quote from: WilliamLeylandNational on May 27, 2021, 12:16:43 PM
Smart move on the 1 potentially - X51 stuck round the houses and less 'X' than the 1

Looks like the X51 is being increased to 20 minutes in response to this - timetable on TFWM website

Kevin

Interesting that they're running a Stafford service through from Walsall. Would have thought if anyone would attempt that it would be as a more direct route (merge with the 1) not round Cheslyn Hay, but good luck
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Westy

Between the 2 services, they've managed to recreate the old 65 / 865 service of years gone by!

(To be honest, it should have been numbered 65, not 74, but beggars can't be choosers!)

Pat

Anyone know what vehicle was on the X14 today?

Bob

Quote from: Pat on June 01, 2021, 05:26:46 PM
Anyone know what vehicle was on the X14 today?

13 plate E200

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk