News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Chaserider

Started by Pat, January 06, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese

Quote from: Pat on April 26, 2021, 02:54:40 PM
About time there was a Telford - Cannock link

Just a pity it's not serving any of the villages such as Wheaton Aston which always want a link to Telford.  Nice run down the A5 mind...

Pat

Quote from: Cheese on April 26, 2021, 03:46:38 PM
Just a pity it's not serving any of the villages such as Wheaton Aston which always want a link to Telford.  Nice run down the A5 mind...
Opportunity for Select perhaps?

The route itself is a bit of a strange one though.  Why have they chosen to continue on to Oakengates?  Why are they routing, indirectly, through Priorslee?  Also, it'll be interesting to see what the response from Arriva will be regarding their 14.  It's future looks insecure.

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Pat on April 26, 2021, 03:54:31 PM

The route itself is a bit of a strange one though.  Why have they chosen to continue on to Oakengates?  Why are they routing, indirectly, through Priorslee?  Also, it'll be interesting to see what the response from Arriva will be regarding their 14.  It's future looks insecure.
Hardly, the 891 hasn't done much in terms of arrivas 14

Pat

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 26, 2021, 04:14:25 PM
Hardly, the 891 hasn't done much in terms of arrivas 14
It has.  The 891 is a much more direct route compared to the 14s 'round the houses' route.  Plus, Arriva's fares are more expensive. 

Cheese

Quote from: Pat on April 26, 2021, 03:54:31 PM

I'm not sure if there isn't any S106 funding involved which might explain the slightly odd route around Priorslee.

Kevin

Interesting that it isn't even run via Penkridge
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Pat

Quote from: Cheese on April 26, 2021, 06:46:34 PM
I'm not sure if there isn't any S106 funding involved which might explain the slightly odd route around Priorslee.
I'm not sure on the S106 funding.  There are quite a few new builds on
Castle Farm Way, which the 14 already passes.
Quote from: Kevin on April 26, 2021, 07:03:17 PM
Interesting that it isn't even run via Penkridge
I disagree.  I think that the planned, direct route is more attractive.  How many people would want to go from Telford to Penkridge?  Plus, there's already a link between Penkridge and Cannock.

Westy

Quote from: Pat on April 26, 2021, 07:56:50 PM
I'm not sure on the S106 funding.  There are quite a few new builds on
Castle Farm Way, which the 14 already passes.I disagree.  I think that the planned, direct route is more attractive.  How many people would want to go from Telford to Penkridge?  Plus, there's already a link between Penkridge and Cannock.

There's a popular market at Penkridge & car parking not easy, but what about Penkridge people going to Telford?

Pat

Quote from: Westy on April 26, 2021, 10:40:16 PM
There's a popular market at Penkridge & car parking not easy, but what about Penkridge people going to Telford?
I believe there once was a Penkridge to Telford service, operated by Arriva that was supported by subsidies

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/351620/

Cheese

Quote from: Pat on April 27, 2021, 07:00:56 AM
I believe there once was a Penkridge to Telford service, operated by Arriva that was supported by subsidies

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/351620/

There was, funded directly by South Staffordshire Council.

Kevin

Quote from: Pat on April 26, 2021, 07:56:50 PM
... How many people would want to go from Telford to Penkridge?  Plus, there's already a link between Penkridge and Cannock.
I was more going on using a route through Penkridge to make a Telford service more viable. I mean if Chaserider can make this work then absolutely fair play to them but it does seem illogical.

Obviously some will say what about the current Cannock - Penkridge - Stafford service. Any Stafford custom from Cannock can use the direct route and really the Stafford - Penkridge - Brewood - Wolves could do with a better frequency, Brewood and Coven have a staggeringly poor service into Wolves given it's proximity

BusMan Greg

Quote from: Kevin on April 27, 2021, 07:37:32 AM
I was more going on using a route through Penkridge to make a Telford service more viable. I mean if Chaserider can make this work then absolutely fair play to them but it does seem illogical.

Obviously some will say what about the current Cannock - Penkridge - Stafford service. Any Stafford custom from Cannock can use the direct route and really the Stafford - Penkridge - Brewood - Wolves could do with a better frequency, Brewood and Coven have a staggeringly poor service into Wolves given it's proximity
A bus every hour during the day! Hardly a poor service!

Pat

Quote from: Kevin on April 27, 2021, 07:37:32 AM

I think the current route will be viable.  Telford is a very popular place for shopping, and I think that adding a detour through Penkridge would put Cannock passengers off using the service.

Kevin

Quote from: BusMan Greg on April 27, 2021, 08:42:22 AM
A bus every hour during the day! Hardly a poor service!

I confused the route slightly, that end has the almost reasonable bit (only just hourly, and no evening service, and no saturday service) oops, my bad.
It's north of Brewood that hasn't got much worthwhile. Still, hourly the whole way through would surely benefit more?

BusMan Greg

Some interesting changes to note on Vosa today...

Registration number PD1128125/121
Licence Number PD1128125
Variation number 1
StatusRegistered
Service number. 62
Service type Normal Stopping
Start point Cannock, Bus Station, Stafford Road, Cannock
Finish point Lichfield
Via Hednesford

Registration number PD1128125/133
Licence Number PD1128125
Variation number0
StatusRegistered
Service number. 61
Service typeNormal Stopping
Start point Rugeley Road, Chase Terrace, Staffordshire
Finish point Lichfield Bus Station
ViaBoney Hay
Date received 10 May 2021
Effective date 21 Jun 2021

Registration number PD1128125/116
Licence Number PD1128125
Variation number1
StatusRegistered
Service number. 70, 71
Start point Cannock Bus Station
Finish point Huntington
Via Cjeslyn Hay, Featherstone, Wolverhampton

Registration numberPD1128125/134
Licence NumberPD1128125
Variation number0
StatusRegistered
Service number. 1
Start point Cannock Bus Station
Finish point Walsall Bus Station
ViaGreat Wyrley, Bloxwich

Registration number PD1128125/117
Licence Number PD1128125
Variation number3
StatusRegistered
Service number. 74, S74
Start pointCannock, Bus Station, Stafford Road, Cannock
Finish pointCheslyn Hay
ViaBrocton

The H, 2, 6, 7, 8, 8A, 22, 23, 24 Have all been cancelled.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk